HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OGT: Home Opener: Islanders @ Sabres (10/11) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18858)

eSabre 10-10-2003 04:39 PM

OGT: Home Opener: Islanders @ Sabres (10/11)

Official Game Thread

new york ISLANDERS (0-1-0-0)
at
buffalo SABRES (0-1-0-0)

7pm ET, HSBC Arena
TV: Empire, FSNY. Radio: WNSA 107.7FM

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIES
NYI - #39 rick DiPIETRO (0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.000 sv%, 0 SO)
BUF - #30 ryan MILLER (0-1-0, 2.07 GAA, .923 sv%, 0 SO)

GAME NOTES: Buffalo and New York faced each other in the Sabres home opener last year, a game which Buffalo took, 5-1... It's the first of four meetings on the season. The Isles, who defeated Buffalo twice in overtime last season, won the 2002-03 series six points to four. The Isles now own a three-game win streak over Buffalo for the first time since 1995-96... Jason Blake scored two overtime goals for the Isles against Buffalo last season, marking the first time an Islander player has ever scored two overtime goals in one regular season against the same opponent... The Isles are 4-7-2-1 in 14 all-time visits to the HSBC Arena.

INJURIES
NYI
11 mattias WEINHANDL (broken foot)
BUF
18 tim CONNOLLY (concussion)
26 eric BOULTON (hand)
71 jochen HECHT (broken arm)

ALL TIME SERIES
118 gp, BUF 57 - NYI 43 - 18 ties

SEASON SERIES
Oct. 11 - NYI at BUF
Jan. 17 - BUF at NYI
Feb. 21 - BUF at NYI
Feb. 27 - NYI at BUF

Thoughts? Comments? PREDICTIONS??

JOHNBOY 10-10-2003 04:54 PM

although the sabres showed a bad season opener against the flyers i think and hope they will rebound against the Islanders.

TVanek26* 10-10-2003 09:16 PM

Whatever goalie does start, they better play energized and the team as a whole better play mistake free.My gut feeling says Noronen will get the start :dunno:

KillToronto 10-10-2003 09:30 PM

I'll go with the Islanders because I'm pissed at the Sabres for not scoring against one of my most hated teams in the league on thursday.

CelticSabre 10-11-2003 03:15 AM

I think we should go with Miller again...I hope we show him some confidence so he doesnt think it was his fault with that disgusting outing in Philly.

Also they better not dress Fitzpatrick tonite...I have been very displeased with these roster movements

Fitzy instead of Campbell
:Botteril instead of Roy :dunno:

Why dont we see what this kid can do...let him play the season opener in Buffalo...the fans will love it and I think Derek would have a great game..if he doesnt work out , Big Deal..send him back down at least we would know for sure if he can cut it this season instead of all this Roy will be great...well lets see it!!

But I dont even know why im wasting my time....Botteril will be back...Biron will start and we will tie the islanders 3-3

imyourhuckleberry 10-11-2003 03:46 AM

I think its gonna be a real good game much more exciting than the philly game and more fights, these teams usually get a bit testy. I saw Miller gets the start again, the power play comes around and sabres win 3-1 with goals from brier, satan, and drury.

CREW99AW 10-11-2003 07:15 AM

Isles were absolutely embarrassed by the Caps Thurs night.
It was a replay of the Sabres season opener 2 yrs ago(?), when the Isles came and and were schooled.

Snow got Thurs. start,so Sterling's said DiPietro will start tonight.

I look for an embarrassed Isles team to rebound and win a low scoring game.

Isles 2,Sabres 1
Isles scorers:Yashin,Blake
Sabre scorers:Dumont

imyourhuckleberry 10-11-2003 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Isles were absolutely embarrassed by the Caps Thurs night.
It was a replay of the Sabres season opener 2 yrs ago(?), when the Isles came and and were schooled.

Snow got Thurs. start,so Sterling's said DiPietro will start tonight.

I look for an embarrassed Isles team to rebound and win a low scoring game.

Isles 2,Sabres 1
Isles scorers:Yashin,Blake
Sabre scorers:Dumont

Is DiPietro the goalie with the amazing glove hand? I remmeber one game the sabres played a year or 2 ago against them and their goalie just had a fantastic glove hand. I think both teams were embarresed in their openers and will make it an exciting game to watch, Im favoring the sabres more though because its our home opener and we cannot afford to lose. All signs seem to indicate Miller will start again tonight as well.

Buffaloed 10-11-2003 09:48 AM

Should be a good game. Both teams want to make amends for dropping their openers. The intensity will be high and tempers will be short. I expect Biron to be in net for the Sabres.

billsandsabres 10-11-2003 10:29 AM

peters and cairns will tango
thats about 13 feet and 500 pounds of inertia

Tra La La 10-11-2003 01:11 PM

Must win! sabres 4 Isles 3

Rhett4 10-11-2003 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
peters and cairns will tango
thats about 13 feet and 500 pounds of inertia

I'd expect Godard to go if he's in the lineup with Peters before Cairns. I think Cairns is going to be focusing on being a defenseman more than an enforcer now.

Rhett4 10-11-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
I'd expect Godard to go if he's in the lineup with Peters before Cairns. I think Cairns is going to be focusing on being a defenseman more than an enforcer now.

Yup. I was right.

Godard is one big dude. Peters hung in there and got some shots in. I'd say 60-40 Godard's favor, but Andrew kept going. He was determined, and that's good to see.

imyourhuckleberry 10-11-2003 02:53 PM

ya know....I save a beer before each game to pound when the sabres score their first goal....I've waited 4 periods now and I've been teased once tonight (the referees are blind) I'm getting sick and tired of no offense, they better make some chemistry in the 2nd and 3rd periods or mix up the lines, I want my beer! :rant:

ema76 10-11-2003 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader Zim
Must win! sabres 4 Isles 3

it is to early to make a statement like that. Unless you are one of the big spending teams.

eSabre 10-11-2003 05:27 PM

That game was f***in' pathetic.

Tra La La 10-11-2003 10:06 PM

I've been crying , for ruff to be gone for over 2 years now.And i know it's finally gonna happen.

i will never understand why he was brought back.

it will set back the recovery of the team and the fans to post cba now.