HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bertuzzi's trade value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=188706)

Flash Walken 11-06-2005 11:06 PM

Bertuzzi's trade value

This is a general opinion question.

Starting the season, I was unsure of his trade value, large contract, coming off a season which ended rather 'unfortunately'. Luckily I didn't pick him in my pool...

The question is, are clubs looking at Bertuzzi now somewhat as damaged goods? Is he too expensive a player to take a risk at aquiring? Do teams have a reasonable expectation that a change of scenery could spark him?

In my own head, I'm looking at the situation, and I don't think he has much trade value left. If he doesn't start producing soon, he could be seen by the end of the season as one of the most overpaid players in the league.

My opinion would be different if he had say, 12 points including 6 goals, but he's been almost non-existent this entire season so far.

Thoughts?

Slitty 11-06-2005 11:09 PM

Colorado should make a move for him :propeller

Bam Beet* 11-06-2005 11:11 PM

I agree. he is way overpaid and right now he is just floating around on the ice not doing very much. He is not driving to the net like he used to. He is passing when he should shoot. He gets booed in every city (not just Denver) and it wouldn't be a very good PR move by any GM and there fans.

FLYLine24* 11-06-2005 11:11 PM

Bertuzzi for Poti. Thats about it.

Bam Beet* 11-06-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slitty
Colorado should make a move for him :propeller

How about Boughner for Bertuzzi straight up? :sarcasm:

Geese_Howard* 11-06-2005 11:13 PM

isnt bertuzzi a UFA at seasons end?

also if he does go some where, i expect him to go to the east, closer to home and less distractions then if he was playing in the west

Aerolanche 11-06-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend
How about Boughner for Bertuzzi straight up? :sarcasm:

How about we fire PL/JQ and hire Brian Burke and Marc Crawford while we're at it? ;)

Bam Beet* 11-06-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geese_Howard
isnt bertuzzi a UFA at seasons end?

also if he does go some where, i expect him to go to the east, closer to home and less distractions then if he was playing in the west

I don't think so. He's making $ 5 269 080.

Colorado Avalanche 11-07-2005 02:50 AM

Bertuzzi needs to get back his confidence. He had many chances vs Colorado (2-6 victory for avalanche.), but he just couldn't score. Wide-open net.. Can't score. Naslund great pass for Bertuzzi.. Can't score. When he gets his confidence back, he will be more than fine.

Cappy76 11-07-2005 09:48 PM

just wondering but what do you gusy think of this?

Van gets
Olie
3rd rounder
maybe a prospect

Caps get
Bertuzzi

would that sound far to you guys? Olie is a UFA at the end of the year and the caps are going to have a high 3rd round pick if not a 3rd would you take a 2nd?
if not what would it take?

Claypool* 11-07-2005 09:51 PM

Dick Tarnstrom
Ryan Malone

for

Todd Bertuzzi

DaMick 11-07-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Bertuzzi for Poti. Thats about it.

:biglaugh: only on NHL 06 on PS2 could this happen

Towelie* 11-08-2005 12:33 AM

Of course Bertuzzi's value is low right now, no one would deny that. However he just played his best game of the year probably and got a goal and a assist against Calgary. I don't think the Canucks are ready to give up on him.

Melrose'sMullet 11-08-2005 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vapor
How about we fire PL/JQ and hire Brian Burke and Marc Crawford while we're at it? ;)

Why not make it a Canuck lovefest...we already have May.

Dolemite 11-08-2005 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash Walken
This is a general opinion question.

Starting the season, I was unsure of his trade value, large contract, coming off a season which ended rather 'unfortunately'. Luckily I didn't pick him in my pool...

The question is, are clubs looking at Bertuzzi now somewhat as damaged goods? Is he too expensive a player to take a risk at aquiring? Do teams have a reasonable expectation that a change of scenery could spark him?

In my own head, I'm looking at the situation, and I don't think he has much trade value left. If he doesn't start producing soon, he could be seen by the end of the season as one of the most overpaid players in the league.

My opinion would be different if he had say, 12 points including 6 goals, but he's been almost non-existent this entire season so far.

Thoughts?

Just like Danny Heatly was damaged goods when he was traded from Atlanta?

Corto 11-08-2005 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claypool
Dick Tarnstrom
Ryan Malone

for

Todd Bertuzzi

:amazed:

Vomiting Kermit* 11-08-2005 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMick
:biglaugh: only on NHL 06 on PS2 could this happen

CPU Trading would have to be turned off as well. :yo:

Daily Special 11-08-2005 05:29 AM

Bertuzzi's career is more up and down than Jenna Jameson on a work day. SJ will give Vancouver a good Zamboni and some chili fries for him.

-

JimEIV 11-08-2005 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite
Just like Danny Heatly was damaged goods when he was traded from Atlanta?

Heatly came back the same year and averaged nearly a point a game under difficult conditions.....Not really the same.

NFITO 11-08-2005 07:24 AM

Bertuzzi's value can't be that high right now... but that doesn't mean the canucks are ready to trade him at all.

He has one more season under this contract at $5.2mill... unless they're getting back a solid deal, why move him?? certainly not for Kolzig and a 3rd.

I expect Bert to basically play out his contract with the canucks, and then move as a UFA if he's not playing with more confidence, and the canucks don't want to re-sign him... however I think there is a good chance that Bert re-signs with the canucks after next season, and if he isn't playing much better, then it will be at a lower rate.

He's got incentive to re-sign in Vancouver, as it's the only city where he isn't getting booed, and knows the team and knows he has fan support. Plus Naslund is signed for another 2 yrs, so Naslund will still be under contract when Bert's contract is done - giving him that much more incentive to re-sign in Vancouver.

I do agree though that no team is going to offer too much for him right now... but I don't think that the canucks are close to desperate enough to move him in a trade at this point (and probably not until at the earliest next deadline, and even then I'd bet on him not being dealt).

Fan-of-#9 11-08-2005 07:30 AM

I'm sure Canucks fans could correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen of him this year, he looks unmotivated and lazy. The work ethic does not seem to be there so far this season. He's not the same beast that was a nightmare for defenders in the past. Am I correct?

B.D. Gallof 11-08-2005 09:11 AM

he's afraid to be the player he once was...i don't think laziness has anything to do with it.

Mr Sakich 11-08-2005 09:19 AM

I was at last night's game in calgary and if that was his best game of the year, then he is done. He was the laziest guy on the ice. I am trying to remeber once when he wasn't the last guy out of the offensive zone when calgary was rushing up ice. He circles wide and puts it in gear only when marcus is starting a rush. Sutter would have benched him in the first 5 minutes of the game.

His goal was a complete fluke ( weak backhander ) and his assist was just your average pp pass that marcus turned into a goal. Without Marcus, bertuzzi would be scoring at a similar pace as Brad Isbister.

Avery4Byng* 11-08-2005 10:20 AM

Give him time. Dont jump off the wagon just yet kiddos.

Darth Milbury 11-08-2005 11:39 AM

Bertuzzi has often started the season slowly and then, by the second half of the season, he is a total monster. I expect that he'll be back to his old self by the end of the year.