HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT- 11-8 Edmonton at Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=188829)

barrytrotzsneck 11-07-2005 01:29 PM

GDT- 11-8 Edmonton at Nashville

Hell, nothing else is working. Let's see if the pre-gameday thread has reverse juju in this bizarre time.

And if not...hey, i'm getting used to losing! Feels like the good ol' days!

jstreet 11-07-2005 03:35 PM

I;ll be happy if we just score a few goals on purpose.

crossxcheck 11-07-2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
notice...the last game we won, was a game where i had one of those *ahem* avatars

I have a proposition for the people opposed to those avatars...why not let pred303 use one tomorrow and if we win the game, it stays and if we lose then we never mention them again??? ;) :D

handtrick 11-07-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

notice...the last game we won, was a game where i had one of those *ahem* avatars

Ladies...please...for the good of the team.....allow P303 a little degradation of women....just to right this sinking ship.
What do ya say....we all gotta make some sacrifices here....

Pred303 11-07-2005 08:19 PM

notice on today's injury report..

..hall is "possible for 11/10" (dallas)...guess it means no way tomorrow
..walker is due to get an "update" tomorrow,have no clue what that means, since they had announced today was the day he was to be re-evaluated. have no idea what that means as to his actual status, guess it means they re-xrayed him today and we'll know how long we can expect him out sometime tomorrow
..nichol is listed as day-to-day, but obviously with smithson being called up for tomorrow, nichol won't be ready to go until thursday's game at the earliest
..sullivan still listed as day-to-day with the groin.normally you would expect day-to-day to be upgraded to "doubtful" and/or then "probable" if he were really close to being ready to go. i don't expect him tomorrow, hope that's wrong.

Basher 11-07-2005 09:11 PM

maybe pronger will slip in the shower...

edmonton have been playing well lately, and with our injuries we may not look very good at all tommorow night.

the pre-gameday thread is definitely some shaky doctrine. dont use the chaps until a normal gdt is made - we can't have too many things tipping the scale, or it could make us worse than when we started, although, that would seem rather tough to do.

that being said, anyone willing to take one for the team and grab a slump-buster, go right ahead.

crossxcheck 11-07-2005 10:08 PM

well the oil got spanked in dallas tonight 4-0. let's hope they come into the GEC tired and lacking confidence.

Stars-Preds 11-07-2005 10:39 PM

Oilers looked terrible tonight. They never had any momentum the entire night. They only managed 6 shots on goal through two periods (against a suspect Dallas Stars defense).

Despite our injured players we need to take advantage tomorrow night because Thursday's game will be tough.

Turco has given up 1 goal, 2 goals and 0 goals in his past three games.

Pred303 11-08-2005 06:33 AM

see where perreualt also missed practice with a bruised ankle... as of this morning, Hall has been moved to the IR (but with the IR date backdated), but might play thursday, while nichol,perreault and sullivan are all now listed as gametime decisions

only ran three lines yesterday in practice due to all the forward injuries

handtrick 11-08-2005 07:03 AM

It sounds like there has been some whining for more ice time from Gamache and Upshall:

“Scottie Upshall and Simon Gamache have both had more ice time,” said Predators Coach Barry Trotz. “What they do with that ice time is really in their hands. Every player will tell you that in order to be productive they need ice time. Now they are getting it so be productive. Players like Upshall want their foot in the door. Their foot is in the door. They can open it up and walk right through or I am going to slam it back on their foot.”

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=45779

The "slam it back on their foot" statement sounds like quite the challenge by a somewhat perturbed coach....Upshall and Gamache better step up....

crossxcheck 11-08-2005 09:30 AM

with walker and sullivan still out, we need to practice the K.I.S.S. rule and just put the puck on the net. I'll be just as happy with "garbage goals" as I would be with "highlight reel goals" tonight.

golfmade 11-08-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
with walker and sullivan still out, we need to practice the K.I.S.S. rule and just put the puck on the net. I'll be just as happy with "garbage goals" as I would be with "highlight reel goals" tonight.

I wish we would have followed that rule since the start of the season. We've been too cute a lot of times, especially on the PP. Just get the puck on net and get rebounds.

beautypersoni 11-08-2005 01:28 PM

The more shots you take on net, the less often the other team has possession of the puck. Of course, you don't have possession of the puck either, but at least it's going in the right direction. And it's a lot easier for a player to steal the puck from you as you wheel around with it (something the Predators have been quite guilty of this season), than if the puck is flying through the air. Wayne Gretzky once said that the key to scoring goals is to just shoot at the net. Now, who's not going to listen to "The Great One"?

Anyhoo...

AL-Canadian 11-08-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
... Wayne Gretzky once said that the key to scoring goals is to just shoot at the net. Now, who's not going to listen to "The Great One"?

Anyhoo...

Another similar Gretzky-ism on shooting was this: The only bad shot on goal is NOT taking the shot on goal.

crossxcheck 11-08-2005 01:56 PM

I'm going to make a bold prediction...the preds come out tonight and play a bang-em-up physical game a la 03-04 season. the put the puck on net and camp out bodies in front of the edmonton netminder. That's what we have to do to win IMO.

Cerebral 11-08-2005 03:10 PM

I've got a feeling the Predators will beat the Oilers rather easily tonight. :( It sounds like you guys are going through some injury problems as well but Edmonton is missing three of their top 6 defencemen and it sounds like Pronger is hurting as well. Add that in with two of the top 4 centremen out of the lineup and it's a recipe for disaster. 4-1 Predators is what I expect...

HeShootseyScores 11-08-2005 05:15 PM

We continue to struggle.

Oilers with an EN to win 3-1.

Hockey_Nut99 11-08-2005 06:07 PM

Walker out for 10 weeks. Ouch!

barrytrotzsneck 11-08-2005 07:05 PM

no sully, tonight.

Cerebral 11-08-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
no sully, tonight.

What exactly is wrong with Sullivan and when do you guys expect him back? You can tell the Predators really miss him out there on the powerplay as Kariya and Erat are the only two that are really creating offence (despite the fact that your pointmen have played very well).

barrytrotzsneck 11-08-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
What exactly is wrong with Sullivan and when do you guys expect him back? You can tell the Predators really miss him out there on the powerplay as Kariya and Erat are the only two that are really creating offence (despite the fact that your pointmen have played very well).

He was a game-time decision, so i'm guessing he's back by next game. Tweaked groin.

triggrman 11-08-2005 10:25 PM

That was one of the ugliest offensive periods we've had all year, here's hoping we have three more just like it Thursday....

barrytrotzsneck 11-08-2005 10:28 PM

FINALLY a game to be proud of!

Defense played the best game of the year, and Vokoun was solid. PK was huge, especially the long Erat penalty, and it's funny...I said to my brother as Erat came out of the box, "okay marty, you should be well rested, let's do something. " thwump, a funny shot that markkanen never saw and the game is tied. Zidlicky, I thought, played a great game...and Markov and Suter played their best games as Predators. The Oilers commentators couldn't stop raving about Suter and the plays he was making defensively. Erat with another strong game, but I hope Trotz rips him a new one for the mouthing off penalty. That's GOT to stop. Hordichuk continues to impress me, despite being Laraque's punching bag...he at least had the balls to go with him, and the team seemed to wake up after that. Smithson didn't look too bad, nor too good. Kariya was flying out there, but I wish he'd take his shots from somewhere other than the mile-away blueline.

all in all, what a FUN game to watch. back and forth, swapping chances at both ends, end-to-end, wide open rushes, no one getting hemmed in their zones, great goaltending..dramatic finish. A beautiful thing, now hopefully it carries over to Thursday against a Stars team playing strong hockey.

Pred303 11-08-2005 10:39 PM

well..it was ugly..and it was nerve wrecking.. and it was tense.. and it was something to be at..will follow up with thoughts in the morning after i've recovered..this one reminded me of old time predator hockey,where we had to scramble and make ugly things happen...i think i'm going to now sit and watch the game from the oilers feed point of view..

but man it's great to be sitting at 9-2-3 when we get up in the morning

predperson 11-08-2005 10:49 PM

Quote:

well..it was ugly..and it was nerve wrecking.. and it was tense.. and it was something to be at..will follow up with thoughts in the morning after i've recovered..this one reminded me of old time predator hockey,where we had to scramble and make ugly things happen...i think i'm going to now sit and watch the game from the oilers feed point of view..

but man it's great to be sitting at 9-2-3 when we get up in the morning

Yeah, back to those ugly lunch bucket goals. Hartnell just would not be denied...he was busting his butt all night long and boom....he get's rewarded. :amazed:

Erat was going to be in the big time dog house for mouthing off and taking that stupid penalty. He knew it so he came out of the penalty box and atoned for his sins. :yo: