HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dvorak (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18904)

coyote 10-10-2003 09:30 PM

Dvorak
 
I thought he had a horrible game against the Sharks. MCT says that you earn your ice time and if you aren't going you sit but it seems that Dvorak is the exception to the rule. He has played bad in all the games I've seen him in this year. Could we have another Dopita here?

cram 10-10-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
I thought he had a horrible game against the Sharks. MCT says that you earn your ice time and if you aren't going you sit but it seems that Dvorak is the exception to the rule. He has played bad in all the games I've seen him in this year. Could we have another Dopita here?


No I think you are waaaay off, considering his wife and premature baby who is in an incubator are back in the Czech Republic, I think the guy did pretty well, I commend him for even being over here playing. I know I personally would have a very hard tiem playing when there was a chance my newborn could die and I left my wife alone thousands of miles away...a little sympathy please, great pass to Smyth for the 5-2 on the two on one though.

Guy Flaming 10-10-2003 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
He has played bad in all the games I've seen him in this year. Could we have another Dopita here?

It's only one game! Holy crap, the boo birds are out already???

He got a point on a nice set up to Smyth. Relax dude.

Narnia 10-11-2003 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
It's only one game! Holy crap, the boo birds are out already???

He got a point on a nice set up to Smyth. Relax dude.

Coyote has criticized a lot of players. Last year he criticized MacT for not dressing Chimera in the opening game. Dvorak has gone through a lot and we should take it easy on him and not criticize him. Did you hear that, Coyote?

Yanner39 10-11-2003 06:14 AM

Actually, I think D-vo had a good game considering he like the other forwards were sitting on their ***** for almost half an hour before the game.

As for as comparing D-vo to Dopita, ouch. Ridiculous comparison. Not even close in my opinion.

jadeddog 10-11-2003 07:32 AM

while i agree that dvorak didnt have a very good game, i think its entirely too early to say that he isnt earning his ice time.... especially when you think about his personal situation right now as well (you would think that macT is gonna give him a little slack because of that, and rightfully so)

comparing him to dopita is just wrong, simple as that

s7ark 10-11-2003 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
I thought he had a horrible game against the Sharks. MCT says that you earn your ice time and if you aren't going you sit but it seems that Dvorak is the exception to the rule. He has played bad in all the games I've seen him in this year. Could we have another Dopita here?

Seriously man, what is your issue here. He has played one game and got a point. I thought the entire 1st line didn't play great but did get some results. Give the guy a break. If this is December then maybe I can see your argument. But really , I think as soon as this line gels they are going to be pretty good. Including Dvorak.

And please don't compare him to Dopita. It doesn't even make sense...

windowlicker 10-11-2003 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote
I thought he had a horrible game against the Sharks. MCT says that you earn your ice time and if you aren't going you sit but it seems that Dvorak is the exception to the rule. He has played bad in all the games I've seen him in this year. Could we have another Dopita here?

go post crap like this somewhere else.

IceDragoon 10-11-2003 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Actually, I think D-vo had a good game considering he like the other forwards were sitting on their ***** for almost half an hour before the game.

As for as comparing D-vo to Dopita, ouch. Ridiculous comparison. Not even close in my opinion.

I agree. I watched the game again yesterday, and when I know the outcome, I can be a little more analytical. ;)

Dvo had a slow start, like everyone except the torque line. But, he was where he was supposed to be on the ice. He provided puck support and didn't make bonehead plays. As the game went on, he was more noticeably involved in the play and looking more comfortable.

This line is all dealing with verying degrees of misfortune. The premature birth of Dvo's son heaped some heavy stress on him and cost him valuable training camp time. Smytty has to adapt to a position switch; his broken finger cost him pre-season games and still hinders his play. Chimmer has to deal with that "football helmet" he's wearing.

These guys were very close to making big things happen. I, for one, am willing to let them gel a little before calling, "off with his head".

Oi'll say! 10-11-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers89
Coyote has criticized a lot of players. Last year he criticized MacT for not dressing Chimera in the opening game. Dvorak has gone through a lot and we should take it easy on him and not criticize him. Did you hear that, Coyote?

Now how could you possibly remember that?

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Oi'll say! 10-11-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Chimmer has to deal with that "football helmet" he's wearing.

That would be Izzy.

Chicks... :rolleyes:

*ducks*

dem 10-11-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
That would be Izzy.

Chicks... :rolleyes:

*ducks*


:joker: :joker: :joker:

IceDragoon 10-11-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
That would be Izzy.

Chicks... :rolleyes:

*ducks*

:lol: http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

What was I thinking? I was thinking Isbister, but I typed Chimmer. :dunno:

Like you've never had a brain fart.

Oi'll say! 10-11-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Like you've never had a brain fart.

I was just bustin' yer chops ID, I know that you know I knew you knew what you meant to say so you can't say that you think I was serious when I said that. :teach:

IceDragoon 10-11-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I was just bustin' yer chops ID, I know that you know I knew you knew what you meant to say so you can't say that you think I was serious when I said that. :teach:

:lol: I know you knew I knew but blew it. That's why I :lol: ed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.