HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ryan Bayda (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=18917)

Thrasherfan 10-10-2003 11:23 PM

Ryan Bayda

What type of player is he? I thought he'd make the Canes this year, what went wrong in camp?

jeffbear 10-11-2003 04:15 AM

We've been over this in other threads, but you asked nice ....

Nothing really went wrong for Bayda. He had a solid camp, but other players got moved around to the point where he wasn't going to play on the top three lines, so they sent him down to get more icetime in an offensive role. Staal earned first line time with his awsome camp ... Vasicek's conversion to LW went far better than expectations ... and Maurice is obsesses with playing Craig and Kevyn Adams on the third line to reward them for playing so well last year when everybody else pretty much stunk.

Bayda's still on a growth curve, so spending a lot of time on the bench in Raleigh didn't make any sense.

King of Stankonia 10-23-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasherfan
What type of player is he? I thought he'd make the Canes this year, what went wrong in camp?

Ryan Bayda was just called up from Lowell today and Joey Tetarenko sent down.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to where he will play? Do they re-unite the line of Bayda-Francis-O'Neill from last year?

Vagrant 10-23-2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
Ryan Bayda was just called up from Lowell today and Joey Tetarenko sent down.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to where he will play? Do they re-unite the line of Bayda-Francis-O'Neill from last year?

Francis and O'Neill haven't played on the same line this year very much. I think they're trying to get O'Neill used to life without Francis and seeing how he responds.

Koltsov71 10-23-2003 05:47 PM

He certainly responded. That line was very effective.

I really loved the new VBC line. Such a joy to watch. That's a line combination I've been hoping to see. Really hoping Vrbata gets on the board soon. 21 shots and no points.

MaLockFan 10-24-2003 03:59 AM

I heard that most of you didn't get to see Staal's first NHL goal because of the ESPN snafu. The only reason I saw it, was I was at the game :D

Pretty goal, but better pass.

jeffbear 10-24-2003 04:47 AM

Right ... and lousy defense by McGillis who took neither the pass nor the shooter. He's gonna have fun watching film ... or not.

Koltsov71 10-24-2003 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaLockFan
I heard that most of you didn't get to see Staal's first NHL goal because of the ESPN snafu.

What happened? I was watching on ESPN and had no problems.

MaLockFan 10-24-2003 07:25 AM

Glitch

From the news and observer:

ESPN2'S OOPS: Did you see Eric Staal's first NHL goal?

Not if you were watching the Hurricanes' on ESPN2.

The first 6 minutes and 37 seconds of the Canes' road game against the Bruins on Thursday were inadvertently blacked out by the cable sports TV network.

An ESPN spokesperson said the broadcast was delayed by an unknown "technical glitch." The cable network would learn more about the problems today.

The broadcast was supposed to begin at 7:30 p.m. Instead viewers got a blank, black screen until 7:47 p.m.

Canes fans missed the first NHL goal by Staal, the club's top draft pick, who scored less than 2 minutes into the game.