HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT- 11-10- Stars at Preds (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=189332)

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-09-2005 09:09 AM

GDT- 11-10- Stars at Preds

Well, since I am solely responsible for breaking us out of our funk, I figured I'd try this again. I was disgusted that I wasn't credited by the team or local media :madfire:

veronesepk 11-09-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Well, since I am solely responsible for breaking us out of our funk, I figured I'd try this again. I was disgusted that I wasn't credited by the team or local media :madfire:

hehehe...

jstreet 11-09-2005 09:35 AM

after last night, I feel fiiiiiiine, bring on the Stars!

Pattypred 11-09-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

uh huh ...... delusions of grandeur ...... you need to think about seeing someone for THAT, my friend.

:sarcasm:

crossxcheck 11-09-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattypred
uh huh ...... delusions of grandeur ...... you need to think about seeing someone for THAT, my friend.

:sarcasm:

how dare you question nmk's good juju?!? he's a major reason the preds won last night ;)

Pattypred 11-09-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
how dare you question nmk's good juju?!? he's a major reason the preds won last night ;)

:D

predperson 11-09-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

Well of course Oh Great Moderator...you deserve all the credit.....well done. Funny, Pred303 is taking the credit.....

Pred303 11-09-2005 04:03 PM

well..i am 8-0-2 as a thread starter... and i did change my avatar just to quiet handtrick, but we'll just continue to allow nomore to think what he will if it pleases him for the moment

sparkle twin 11-10-2005 12:39 AM

Hey section 303 people....don't forget that during the lockout, Mike Modano is one who specifically mentioned Nashville as a team he didn't think belongs in the league.

I expect some of your best work.

predperson 11-10-2005 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303
Hey section 303 people....don't forget that during the lockout, Mike Modano is one who specifically mentioned Nashville as a team he didn't think belongs in the league.

Ohhhhh, I forgot about that.....have to think of a special sign for him........

triggrman 11-10-2005 08:27 AM

Any sign must make reference to the $400 a day he spends in dog food....

predperson 11-10-2005 08:43 AM

Yeah, Capt Nerdo did something about "Investing for Dummies" and it mentions Pet Food Futures...... :biglaugh:
Problem is, I don't think we are going to make it to the pregame skate (family birthday). :cry:

Pattypred 11-10-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
Yeah, Capt Nerdo did something about "Investing for Dummies" and it mentions Pet Food Futures...... :biglaugh:
Problem is, I don't think we are going to make it to the pregame skate (family birthday). :cry:

If y'all show up at Eddie's from 5pm on, I'll be more than happy to take the Capt's sign over.

:yo:

predperson 11-10-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattypred
If y'all show up at Eddie's from 5pm on, I'll be more than happy to take the Capt's sign over.

:yo:

You've got a deal....we are meeting our son at 5:45 so we'll come to Eddie's first.

skellart 11-10-2005 02:14 PM

I can hear the yelling already. Feed Mike's Dog...Feed Mike's Dog :yo: :yo: :yo:

Gnashville 11-10-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303

So did Trevor Linden.

Modano needs to feed his puppy and quit running his mouth.

Pred303 11-10-2005 04:22 PM

another very difficult game tonight...DAL is not only playing very well, they're scoring tons of goals and are red hot on the road.(4-1 so far)

really when you think about it, this is our 7th game against the 7 other teams that are the favorites to get a western conference playoff spot this year..DET,LA,COL,VAN,DAL,CAL,SJ... so far we're 4-0-2 against these 7 teams, with tonight being the 7th game of 32 we play this year total against these 7.

you would then classify EDM,ANA,PHO,MIN as the 4 bubble teams that could knock several of these '8 favorites'(including us of course) out of a spot easily..we only play these 4 16 times, and so far we're 2-2 against them

then you have the three bottom teams, STL,CLB,CHI against who we have 24 games total and who are 3-0-1 against.

needless to say, this one worries me.

Pred303 11-10-2005 04:23 PM

we've just started a very important part of our schedule..

this 4 game home stand.. EDM, DAL, STL, LA
then a three game road trip.. @ MIN, @DET, @CLB
then back home for 5.....LA, DAL, CAL, MIN, PHIL

12 important games, with 9 of the 12 at home.. only one back to back set in the 12, the @CLB and then back home against LA on the 23rd-24th..

not many 'easy' games in the bunch (not that any are ever easy)...

you figure we need to get 4 points more on this homestand and 3 on the roadtrip and then 7 in the next homestand for this stretch to be considered 'susccessful'

getting 14 points in these next 11 games would put us at 35 points in 25 games for the season... a .700 overall winning perecentage at that point, which would pro-rate to an 82 game point total of 113 points...

to demonstrate what a start we have had for the newer hockey fans and as a point of reference, currently with our 21 points in 14 games, that would pro-rate out over a full season to 123 points, which would be the highest point total for a season in many decades in the NHL

to put that in perspective... a 113 point total would have won the president's cup each of the last two years in the NHL..

we won't put up these kind of numbers of course, just want people to stop and realize what a start we've gotten off to, so hopefully when that next 3 game winless streak comes along anyone with chicken little tendancies won't panic

David Singleton 11-10-2005 06:31 PM

Just out of curiousity, P303, what point was it last season that the Predators reached 21 pts?

David

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-10-2005 07:42 PM

liked what i saw in that first period. outplaying, outworking and outchancing so far...which hasn't been the case a lot of this year. Hartnell had two good chances point blank, Hordichuk had one and Upshall had the best of all. What a hot streak Erat is on, 4 goals in 4 games, now leading the team with six on the year. Good also to see Sully back in the lineup and creating chances.

Testify 11-10-2005 08:11 PM

how Upshall looking overall? :help:

Chaos 11-10-2005 08:17 PM

Looks like Kariya learned something from Forsberg

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-10-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos
Looks like Kariya learned something from Forsberg

He sat next to Morrow in that class, I'm told.

Chaos 11-10-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

He sat next to Morrow in that class, I'm told.

Morrow wasn't in that class, Im told.

Edit: But Hartnell certainly was.

Edit #2: Sullivan must have been there as well.

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-10-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos
Morrow wasn't in that class, Im told.

Edit: But Hartnell certainly was.

:cry: :cry:

I guess Morrow has some sort of inner-ear disorder that causes him to go down like he's been shot when big bad Timonen brushes up against him, then?