HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sheldon Keefe? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19008)

kremlin 10-11-2003 08:51 AM

Sheldon Keefe?
 
I'm a big Sheldon Keefe fan. I'm wondering why he wasn't playing against Minnesota last night. Does anyone know why? He should be great this year.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-11-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremlin
I'm a big Sheldon Keefe fan. I'm wondering why he wasn't playing against Minnesota last night. Does anyone know why? He should be great this year.

Welcome to HF Mrs. Keefe! ;)

It's a numbers game right now. Simon, Lundmark and Barnaby are going to play (for right or for wrong) and Lacouture had a very strong camp.

kremlin 10-11-2003 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Welcome to HF Mrs. Keefe! ;)

It's a numbers game right now. Simon, Lundmark and Barnaby are going to play (for right or for wrong) and Lacouture had a very strong camp.

Make it Mr. Keefe....;) I've been following Keefe since OHL and I think he never got a fair chance in Tampa. That's why I'm happy he's in New York now. I agree, there are 5 RW players at the moment fighting for a spot, however, I also think Keefe should at least be able to outplay Barnaby and LaCouture. I think Lundmark and Simon are pretty much set.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-11-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremlin
Make it Mr. Keefe....;) I've been following Keefe since OHL and I think he never got a fair chance in Tampa. That's why I'm happy he's in New York now. I agree, there are 5 RW players at the moment fighting for a spot, however, I also think Keefe should at least be able to outplay Barnaby and LaCouture. I think Lundmark and Simon are pretty much set.

Well, I think that Keefe is in the Rangers plans (there was really no reason to claim him if he wasn't). I think that Sather is looking to trade Barnaby. If that happens, Keefe will certainly be in the line up.

DLaCouture39 10-11-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kremlin
Make it Mr. Keefe....;) I've been following Keefe since OHL and I think he never got a fair chance in Tampa. That's why I'm happy he's in New York now. I agree, there are 5 RW players at the moment fighting for a spot, however, I also think Keefe should at least be able to outplay Barnaby and LaCouture. I think Lundmark and Simon are pretty much set.


Id take LaCouture over Simon any day of week, If Keefe goes into lineup, Simon or Barnaby be out of it. LaCouture is solid winger who can kill some penalties and does not take stupid penalties like Simon has done. Keefe and LaCouture would be good on PK i think, Keefe can be a speedy pesky winger, he is faster then petro and more skilled.

Theoren Fan 10-11-2003 10:01 AM

Matthew Barnaby > Simon, LaCouture, Keefe

kremlin 10-11-2003 11:32 AM

You're probably right ;)

Cat fan 10-11-2003 05:23 PM

Keefe will be in........
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kremlin
You're probably right ;)

They have no choice BUT to get Keefe's energy in the line up , the Rangers didn't even have a pulse tonight , PERIOD !!
Keefe will provide alot for Ranger fans to cheer about , he will become a fan fav in NY like he was in Tampa.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-11-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
They have no choice BUT to get Keefe's energy in the line up , the Rangers didn't even have a pulse tonight , PERIOD !!
Keefe will provide alot for Ranger fans to cheer about , he will become a fan fav in NY like he was in Tampa.

Hopefully, Keefe will be given a real chance to play and win over the fans in New York (as he has won over you). However, I would suggest that no matter how good he is, I would be too much to expect him to turn the Rangers around.

Having one spark plug that works doesn't start an engine.

FACEMAN 10-12-2003 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
They have no choice BUT to get Keefe's energy in the line up , the Rangers didn't even have a pulse tonight , PERIOD !!
Keefe will provide alot for Ranger fans to cheer about , he will become a fan fav in NY like he was in Tampa.

Until Keefe or his agent open their FAT mouths.

Cat fan 10-12-2003 08:37 AM

Agent
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN
Until Keefe or his agent open their FAT mouths.


If I were Keefe's agent i would already be screaming about his player been taken in the Waiver draft only to sit on his butt and watch the Rangers get there butts handed to them !!
Im sure there are several other teams that would have taken Keefe and actually played him , dont forget the Rangers took Keefe very early in the draft. Play the kid for god's sake !! or the Rangers sake !! LOL

#37-#93-#27* 10-12-2003 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
If I were Keefe's agent i would already be screaming about his player been taken in the Waiver draft only to sit on his butt and watch the Rangers get there butts handed to them !!
Im sure there are several other teams that would have taken Keefe and actually played him , dont forget the Rangers took Keefe very early in the draft. Play the kid for god's sake !! or the Rangers sake !! LOL

That's what players taken from <i>waiver drafts</i> generally do.

FACEMAN 10-12-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
If I were Keefe's agent i would already be screaming about his player been taken in the Waiver draft only to sit on his butt and watch the Rangers get there butts handed to them !!
Im sure there are several other teams that would have taken Keefe and actually played him , dont forget the Rangers took Keefe very early in the draft. Play the kid for god's sake !! or the Rangers sake !! LOL

maybe he learned something by watching his agent ruin his buddy danton/jefferson's career.

Cat fan 10-13-2003 08:44 AM

Are you kidding
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN
maybe he learned something by watching his agent ruin his buddy danton/jefferson's career.

DANTON is not only on Stlouis but he is already a huge Fan fav that doesn't seem to be to bad for a what did you call it ?? this kids career is prospering and A L I V E in the Looo !!

Cat fan 10-13-2003 08:45 AM

Think
 
Before you post

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
DANTON is not only on Stlouis but he is already a huge Fan fav that doesn't seem to be to bad for a what did you call it ?? this kids career is prospering and A L I V E in the Looo !!

That's why no one else wanted him. Are you their agents by any chance?

PotiFan03 10-13-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think that Sather is looking to trade Barnaby.

I think that would be a disaster. Barnaby is a gritty character player. He should be put on Lindros' line every now and then to help jump start the Rangers when they get lazy.

FACEMAN 10-13-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
Before you post

Thats why Mike Jefferson LOST TWO (2) years of development fighting with LOU and changed his name to Danton. Smart, real smart.

JCProdigy 10-13-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
DANTON is not only on Stlouis but he is already a huge Fan fav that doesn't seem to be to bad for a what did you call it ?? this kids career is prospering and A L I V E in the Looo !!

I saw some of the St. Louis game last night and you're right, he was a little agitating bugger all over the ice that the fan's love BUT so was he at the beginning of last season for the devils. Then it only took half the season for him to start complaining about ice time and possibly being sent down and he found himself out of favor with everyone from the fans to management. They were just tired of his (and his agent's) crap. I'd give it more then 2 games to decide whether Danterjefferwatchemacallitsons career is saved.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.