HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GDT: Flyers/ Penst Oct 11th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19026)

John Flyers Fan 10-11-2003 09:32 AM

GDT: Flyers/ Penst Oct 11th
 
We won't get to see Fleury tonight, but should get to see some offense.

Expect 40 shots from the Flyers and hopefully 4+ goals.

Quellet The Dogs Out 10-11-2003 09:34 AM

I'm thinking 4-1 or 4-0...The Pens are just horrible, it could be a lot worse than a 4 goal difference too, especially because this is their 2nd game in as many nights.

tom_servo 10-11-2003 09:50 AM

Well, the Pens might try to stack all five skaters in front of the goal in hopes of preserving a point. Don't be surprised if that happens.

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
We won't get to see Fleury tonight, but should get to see some offense.

If the Pens play like they did against the Kings I think Caron will give up a lot more than Fleury did, so we might see Fleury because I think Caron has a pretty good chance of getting pulled (that is IF the Pens play like they did last game). Without Fleury in that last game the Kings would have scored 6 or 7. The Kings had 49 shots on the Pens and our offense should be quite a bit better than the Kings with the roster they have right now. The Pens also only got 11 shots on the Kings and our defense is far superior to the Kings, especially with their best two defensemen not even playing that game.

fan mao rong 10-11-2003 10:10 AM

Penguins
 
Yes, they may spend alot of time in their zone. Seemed alot of the Kings power plays were spend entirely in Pens zone as I seen it. Even on those two slightly overlapping 5 minute majors to the thug who played for St. Louis last year and Brooks Orpik. Maybe those guys will be suspended. Should be interesting.

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan mao rong
Maybe those guys will be suspended. Should be interesting.

Orpik will be suspended for this game.

flyrfan 10-11-2003 11:06 AM

The Flyers will probably win, 3-1. I just hope Fluery/Caron doesn't have to face a lot shots.

think-blue- 10-11-2003 12:08 PM

Hackett getting the nod I assume?

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
Hackett getting the nod I assume?

Nope, Esche will be playing this game.

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyrfan
I just hope Fluery/Caron doesn't have to face a lot shots.

:rolleyes: How come you claim to be a Flyers fan when every one of your posts is pretty much anti- Flyers or pro- Flyer's opposition? Why would any Flyers fan not want them to get a lot of shots? And if you are a Flyers fan, then why the hell do you have a picture of Brad Lukowich on your avatar?

Koltsov71 10-11-2003 01:16 PM

Good luck tonight guys. Let's hope for an entertaining game, and no injuries.

Brad* 10-11-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov47
Good luck tonight guys. Let's hope for an entertaining game, and no injuries.

Agreed. I was kinda hoping I would get to see Fleury, but he's probably exhausted after that effort he put in last night.

Oh and, Go Flyers!

Superman33 10-11-2003 02:13 PM

WHOOOOOOO Williams is on fire!!!!!!!!!!

Superman33 10-11-2003 02:15 PM

Btw it may be early but our power play is now 43%.

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 02:16 PM

Looks like it could be a real long night for Pittsburgh.

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 02:34 PM

Shorty!!!
Claude Lapointe!

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 02:44 PM

3-0!
Brashear (Kapanen, Primeau)

golfmade 10-11-2003 02:47 PM

3-0 already? Wow... who scored the third goal?

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
3-0 already? Wow... who scored the third goal?

Brashear scored the third one, Williams and Lapointe got the others.

golfmade 10-11-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Brashear scored the third one, Williams and Lapointe got the others.

Thanks :)

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
Thanks :)

No problem :).

blah 10-11-2003 03:04 PM

Flyers PK is looking horrible.

golfmade 10-11-2003 03:11 PM

How's Johnsson looking tonight?

Winston Wolf 10-11-2003 04:16 PM

Holy s**t. It's 3-3. :mad: This should have been an easy game, especially when you have a 3-0 lead in the first period. How do you let one of the worst teams in the league score 3 unanswered goals? :rant:

GKJ 10-11-2003 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out
I'm thinking 4-1 or 4-0...The Pens are just horrible, it could be a lot worse than a 4 goal difference too, especially because this is their 2nd game in as many nights.

Apparently not. The Flyers were well on their way to a 9-1 win, now they're tied 3-3 and the Flyers are looking out of gas.

Meanwhile Caron gets hurt.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.