HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Torres article posted (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19049)

Holly Gunning 10-11-2003 10:36 AM

Torres article posted

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Dr_Gonz0 10-11-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG

Thanx for posting this Holly, I take it Guy has a lot on his plate right now, at least he could bang this off for us.

s7ark 10-11-2003 11:29 AM

Wow GuyF

Great line..

"Horcoff, it would seem, is going to be quite comfortable being caught between a Laraque and a hard case."

Another great article.

Hopefully I'll see you at the next home game.

OYLer 10-11-2003 11:54 AM

Gotta' love that line! Made me laugh out loud! Nice quote from Stoll. If hockey players do like Grant Fuhr and leave the ego at the door, PressBox Prespective can and should be an invaluable learning tool.

Great article GuyF! :handclap:

Guy Flaming 10-11-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark
Wow GuyF

Great line..

"Horcoff, it would seem, is going to be quite comfortable being caught between a Laraque and a hard case."

Thanks again everybody. I wasn't sure about the line actually... I thought it might be a bit cheezie but in the end I just couldn't resist.

Thanks Holly for posting the link too.

IceDragoon 10-11-2003 12:50 PM

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!
:handclap:

Thank you for a great read, Mr. Flaming!!!

(you are never allowed to leave now. you know that, right?)

OilerLord 10-11-2003 12:53 PM

Well as much as I enjoyed your article; as well as all of your previous ones; I have to admit that I took exception to your 'Flaming Not' observation of Isbister.

He's a guy who's playing with 17 stitches in his mouth, and gets charged by Cheechoo. Damn right he should go after him! I think him taking exception to the check was exactly what he should have done.

I think the only way you could call that 'childish', is if it had been a clean check.

Narnia 10-11-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerLord
Well as much as I enjoyed your article; as well as all of your previous ones; I have to admit that I took exception to your 'Flaming Not' observation of Isbister.

He's a guy who's playing with 17 stitches in his mouth, and gets charged by Cheechoo. Damn right he should go after him! I think him taking exception to the check was exactly what he should have done.

I think the only way you could call that 'childish', is if it had been a clean check.

TRAINING ROOM

- Winger Brad Isbister had to give practice a miss Friday as he was having a tooth pulled. Turns out the stick that nailed him in the final pre-season game caused a little more damage than just the 17-stitch cut.

That was in the journal today.

tylerr 10-11-2003 01:06 PM

Another Great Read GuyF, keep it up. :handclap:

Guy Flaming 10-11-2003 02:20 PM

The childish part of that scene, in my opinion, was the chase. Not the reason behind it but the chase.

In my opinion, that was one of those times where you take a look at the number and get pay back later. There was going to be a penalty called but because Izzy chased him 20 feet, missed him with the first grab, chased him a few more steps and final grappled with him... it looked very Bantam to me.

I understand your point about payback and I agree with it, but I think when Izzy stood up and saw (1) the ref's arm up and (2) how far he had to go to catch Cheechoo... he should have bided his time. I like that Izzy plays with emotion, I think he has to in order for him to be on his game. I just feel it wasn't done right.

just my opinion and you are welcome to voice yours too. Thanks for the feedback!

IceDragoon 10-11-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerLord
I enjoyed your article

I believe in silver linings and I found one.

All things in perspective here. It was tough to find a "NOT" in this game. Izzy lost focus and should have handled it differently and I'm sure the guys tuned him in after the game.

Welcome to the boards Oilerlord. I love your avatar.

OilerLord 10-11-2003 02:48 PM

BTW, I've been a long time lurker here. As a matter of fact, I said hi to Guy at Millennium Place.

I understand what you're saying Guy, I guess it was the use of the word 'childish' that bugged me. I agree with you, that considering the circumstances a PP would have been better than an even up call. However, he did manage to get Davison out of the game....:)

Thanks for the welcome, folks. It's nice to be here.

Oi'll say! 10-11-2003 03:21 PM

Welcome aboard Lord! :handclap:

I see you've already gotten yourself the best avatar on the whole hf boards. :yo:

glimradnor 10-12-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Welcome aboard Lord! :handclap:

I see you've already gotten yourself the best avatar on the whole hf boards. :yo:

Yes, he really does!
I think it's pretty sweet. I have been a lurker for a while and am just starting as well. I am making a bid for worst avatar.

momentai 10-12-2003 05:09 PM

Question? It says that Jesse Niinimaki will only be out for 4-6 weeks. I thought he was out for the entire season? Something like 5 months.

Guy Flaming 10-12-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
Question? It says that Jesse Niinimaki will only be out for 4-6 weeks. I thought he was out for the entire season? Something like 5 months.

That still hasn't been determined yet for certain. I asked Prendergast on Friday , he emailed me back this morning and said "Still undergoing internal diagnosis." we'll see, I'll let you know when I find out for sure.