HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Montreal/Colorado proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19087)

Chehabi 10-11-2003 03:13 PM

Montreal/Colorado proposal

Montreal trades Theodore, Dackall to Colorado for Tanguay, Battaglia and Worrell

This is my first proposal at HF in years and I just thought it up right now. What do you think? IMO, Montreal can go with Garon in goal. If Theodore has another bad season, and the Avs find that Abeisher is struggling, why not? Theodore fetches quite a bit because he was the top goaltender and the most valuable player in the league a year ago. (he earns less than half as much as Cujo, by the way). Montreal gets some added offense and grit. Colorado can sacrifice some offense because their top two lines are going to each look for 20 minutes a game and they have a lot of depth.

It could work out nicely for both teams. Avs could win cup with Theodore (who beat Boston and almost Carolina singlehandedly a year ago in the playoffs). Montreal could make playoffs with improved offense and if Garon proves capable (which I think he is).

Cayouche5 10-11-2003 03:15 PM

I don't even think Dackell Could crack the Hershey Bears Starting Line-Up.

Chehabi 10-11-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayouche5
I don't even think Dackell Could crack the Hershey Bears Starting Line-Up.

He's in there because the Avs lose 3 forewards in this trade and he can play on Colordado's third line.

RoyIsALegend* 10-11-2003 04:07 PM

Forget it.

Avs *cannot* afford to lose three under-30 NHL caliber forwards with the uncercainty around Forsberg, Kariya and Selanne all next year.

Counter-offer...

To Colorado: G Jose Theodore, D Sheldon Souray *or* D Craig Rivet
To Montreal: F Alex Tanguay, D Martin Skoula, G David Aebischer, mid-tier prospect

Patty Roy 10-11-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Counter-offer...

To Colorado: G Jose Theodore, D Sheldon Souray *or* D Craig Rivet
To Montreal: F Alex Tanguay, D Martin Skoula, G David Aebischer, mid-tier prospect

Not a horrible proposal, but Montreal won't be trading Theodore.

Munchausen 10-11-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Not a horrible proposal, but Montreal won't be trading Theodore.

You got that right. Hopefully those proposals will cool off a bit (for a couple of days :rolleyes: ) from Theo's nice performance tonight.

And what's this fixation on getting Tanguay? He's not the kind of forward the Habs need. They need muscle and grit on the top 2 lines. Not yet an other soft average-sized finesse player who will probably look less impressive playing with Koivu than the best player in the NHL (he's a fine player nonetheless, but not needed at this kind of heavy price).

Munchausen 10-11-2003 05:26 PM

Ryder's First Goal In The NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayo 10-11-2003 06:17 PM

Counter-offer:

To Colorado:
Jose Theodore
Niklas Sundstrom

To Montreal:
David Aebischer
Bates Battaglia
Alex Tanguay
2nd/FLA/04

Jeffrey 10-11-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man
Counter-offer:

To Colorado:
Jose Theodore
Niklas Sundstrom

To Montreal:
David Aebischer
Bates Battaglia
Alex Tanguay
2nd/FLA/04

dont need aebisher !!

Jeffrey 10-11-2003 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
aebisher gets a shutout and more stupid proposals are made, I wonder what happens after a vezina.

theo gets a shutout too ..

Freudian 10-11-2003 06:48 PM

I think a Theodore to Colorado trade is very unlikely. With the Roy trade, Montreal could not do this unless they get to rob Avs blind. And PL is way too smart to get robbed blind.

Imagine Habs-fans reactions if Theodore would go to Avs on a fair deal. They be out for blood. Habs fans would want to get even for the Roy trade.

Go Habs Go 10-11-2003 10:22 PM

Theodore is the core of the Habs, without him, we are totally screwed. Battaglia, Sauve, Worrell... Do any of you think any of these guys would make the Habs any better once Theodore is gone? Even if you added Tanguay and Skoula to a Habs team without Theodore, would it be logical that the Habs would perform better then if they retained Theo? Why in the world would the Habs make this trade? If Colorado wants Theodore, they better be prepared to get ripped off, if not, they should look somewhere else.

Munchausen 10-11-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
He said he heard Lacroix is watching the Theodore situation in Montreal and his family legal problems .

He can watch all he wants, he's not getting him for that. Theodore seems back on track and very sharp. Had a shootout against the Leafs but more importantly, he's quicker, better prepared, and more confident than last year. He came to camp in the best shape of his life and motivated like no others.

It seems the media have little to no interest in what's going on with Theodore's family now as he's not involved and I guess they just ran out of stuff to dig up about him (unless they find an old photo of him coming out of the toilets without washing his hands or something).

Very marginal chances that Theodore gets traded and even less likely to Colorado and even less likely for players like Scoula or Battaglia or Tanguay or Sauvé or Worrell, etc. You don't trade a player like Theodore for players like that unless you absolutely have to, which is, again, far from the Habs' reality right now.

Vatican Roulette 10-11-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I wonder what happens after a vezina.

hell freezes over....

andora 10-11-2003 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
hell freezes over....

so the red sox would have won then ..

Chehabi 10-12-2003 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Theodore seems back on track and very sharp. Had a shootout against the Leafs but more importantly, he's quicker, better prepared, and more confident than last year. He came to camp in the best shape of his life and motivated like no others.

Not really. His pre-season stats were poor (less than .900 save precentage). Garon had a .940 save percentage and a 2.40 GAA. Then, his first game, Theodore lets in 5 goals. I wrote my proposal before the shutout in Toronto, but well see how it goes. If Theodore's play does again start to cool, why not deal him, get some offense and grit, and go with Garon?

golfmade 10-12-2003 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box

after beating the cubbies in game 7, 666th inning.

All-Star 10-12-2003 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box

and the Leafs win the cup...

Damn Aebischer, It's all his fault!!! :joker:

Patty Roy 10-12-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
From what Nick Kypreus heard :

He said he heard Lacroix is watching the Theodore situation in Montreal and his family legal problems . He also said Tanguay wouldn't be involved in the deal but , Phil Sauve ; a highly touted prospect for the Avs .

So I'm guessing Sauve and a high prospect in the Avs system .

LOL...Sauve and a prospect for Theodore? You keep believing that...

Kyprios (sp?) is a clown if he thinks that trade would interest the Habs in the least.

Team_Spirit 10-12-2003 06:34 AM

everyone know that Tanguay would freeze in Montreal plus he's not the kind of player we need (i.e Midget)

Garon have no1 potential , he played few great seasons in the AHL and played very well in the NHL so far .

2002-03 Montreal Canadiens NHL 1.99GAA , .940 save pct , 3W 5L 2SO

So acquiring Sauve sounds not good to us . I doubt Theodore will be traded until Garon push him really hard for the no1 job and we probaly won't see this happen this year .

Enoch 10-12-2003 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
everyone know that Tanguay would freeze in Montreal plus he's not the kind of player we need (i.e Midget)

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that.. :rolleyes:

wazee 10-12-2003 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
He can watch all he wants, he's not getting him for that.

Very marginal chances that Theodore gets traded and even less likely to Colorado and even less likely for players like Scoula or Battaglia or Tanguay or Sauvé or Worrell, etc. You don't trade a player like Theodore for players like that unless you absolutely have to, which is, again, far from the Habs' reality right now.

Agreed. Lacroix may well be watching the Theodore situation. Undoubtably, so are a number of other GMs. That is their job, after all.

I agree, too, on the chances of Theodore being traded...especially to Colorado. That would be a PR disaster for them.

The Avs will get a goalie sometime this year. Theodore would be wonderful...but it is so highly unlikely to happen in the real world.

avfan#21 10-12-2003 08:09 AM

The only player I want from Montreal is Nik Sundstrom. Theo's great but he'll cost too much.

Psycho Papa Joe 10-12-2003 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avfan#21
The only player I want from Montreal is Nik Sundstrom.

What's your offer?

KILLger 10-12-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avfan#21
The only player I want from Montreal is Nik Sundstrom. Theo's great but he'll cost too much.

OK, we take Boychuk... :)