HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Solutions to the problems (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19160)

braino 10-11-2003 08:04 PM

Solutions to the problems

First of all get Briere on the top friggin line instead of playing with morons. He is much more suited to playing with Miro Satan. Chris Drury has played LW before and can stay on that top unit to form a Briere- Drury- Satan punch.

2nd when Connolly returns...form a 2nd line of Connolly-Kotalik- Afinogenov

Curtis Brown- Taylor Pyatt- JP Dumont handling the checking role.

4th line: Rotate this line nightly to keep everyone on their toes.

At least they'll have one line than can maybe get 2 goals per night.

imyourhuckleberry 10-11-2003 08:21 PM

whats going on with our powerplay??? I saw the same lines as even strenght on the power play. Pyatt should not be out there, It should be Drury Satan and maybe a brown for first powerplay lines

braino 10-12-2003 08:30 AM

another thing I would do...

For the PP, I'd have Chris Drury qb the back with the big slapper from Delmore as his partner....on the left hash have Daniel Briere who can one time shots , on the right hash have Miro Satan who can also one time shots and in front of the net have either Kotalik or Pyatt handle the role of distracting other keepers. And yes Kotalik is big enough for that role, Zhitnik should not be on the PP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22
whats going on with our powerplay??? I saw the same lines as even strenght on the power play. Pyatt should not be out there, It should be Drury Satan and maybe a brown for first powerplay lines

TehDoak 10-12-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braino
First of all get Briere on the top friggin line instead of playing with morons. He is much more suited to playing with Miro Satan. Chris Drury has played LW before and can stay on that top unit to form a Briere- Drury- Satan punch.

if you EVER suggest Connolly is the answer to any question other than 'Who should Buffalo get rid of the fastest', i shall have you henceforth banned from all sabredom.

djhn579 10-12-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

The current problems look like a lack of heart and desire. Connolly would only make this situation worse... Package Connolly and Brown or Dumont for someone that has proven himself to play with toughness as a top six forward. I know we would probably have to give up more, but just as long as we don't give up our 1st this year. It looks like it will be another high pick...

Foligno17 10-12-2003 09:00 AM

I see no reason not to try this. Looking ahead, Hecht will return and will take a LW spot. We all knew going into this season that there were too many forwards with similar abilities. There will be some trades by the end of the season. Some of the pool of Dumont, Afinogenov, Connolly, Brown and perhaps Zhitnik, will be weeded out by then.

Although we didn't expect the season to start off loosing 8 - 0 in two games, we knew that the rebuilding process was going to take time. Loosing Hecht was tough. He's one of the few gritty players on the team.

Takeo 10-12-2003 04:40 PM

I honestly don't believe a solution can be discovered with our current lineup and coaching staff...

braino 10-12-2003 10:42 PM

Connolly

Connolly needs to play. He is young and skilled and needs to play lots and he should be a 2nd line center right now. Briere needs to play with the best players on the team, his smarts and creativity needs natural snipers for him to be effective. He won't be very valuable if you put him with 2 grinders. Briere surprisingly is actually very good in the corners at digging the puck and Miro would score a ton with him. Drury is overrated, the guy played with Forsberg and made plays with him but having him play on the wing makes the Sabres better. Center is loaded and I was disappointed Martin Biron didn't get to play at least in the 2nd game...what's up with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak
if you EVER suggest Connolly is the answer to any question other than 'Who should Buffalo get rid of the fastest', i shall have you henceforth banned from all sabredom.