HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=192602)

spudnick 11-19-2005 11:23 AM

You'll never guess who is reffing tonights Pits/Flyers game

Chris Lee , Paul Devorski. I ***** you not

goodrev 11-19-2005 11:34 AM

they ref a lot of flyers games... guess what? we are going to see a lot of bad officiating!!

Steve Latin* 11-19-2005 11:41 AM

You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Vikke 11-19-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
You guys should be happy. This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth. After Crosby complains about the non-calls, you'll get a power play.

Yeah, we should be really happy. JESUS M-F-ING CHRIST. :rant:

Philly Flyer Fan* 11-19-2005 11:45 AM

surprise

:cry:

Art Vandelay 11-19-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudnick

Why care about the refs? Just win the game!

Quote:

This means Hatchet can knock out the rest of Crosby's teeth.

I
Quote:

After Crosby complains about the non-calls,

hope
Quote:

you'll get a power play.

so...

hockeyphan25 11-19-2005 02:03 PM

:shakehead the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

Big McLargehuge 11-19-2005 02:19 PM

These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.

Hemooli 11-19-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
These guys do alot of Pens games too.

Devorski has been brutal on Crosby. You could **** him with a chainsaw and he'd get an unsportsmanlike for bleeding.

Very true, very true. :(

Steve L* 11-19-2005 03:08 PM

So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then? :dunno:

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.

DeleteThisAccount 11-19-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudnick

Link?

Jaded-Fan 11-19-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
:shakehead the Flyers and Pens should make a statement and refuse to play with those officials. However that won't happen and I'll be watching the game tonight as usual. I like good close games but in this case I hope there is a blowout because if the game is close there is a very good chance that the officials could determine the outcome.

If the game is a blowout it will become very very chippy. I highly doubt that the Pens simply forgot what Hatcher did to their star player. Hell, if it were the other way and Orpik for instance did the same to Forsberg I would be saying the same thing. A tied game was not the time or place, the Pens said as much. I am not being controversial here or trying to start anything, just am predicting that this game could get very ugly. If the game goes blowout either way you may see an epic number of penalties and lots of suspensions. Sometime this season it will happen.

I also predict that Hatcher does not make it past 30 seconds on the ice without a penalty called. That game the other night was on national television. A penalty was not called on either play but Crosby's new dental work via Hatcher's stick work was mentioned prominantly after in much of the reporting on the game. The Refs likely know what I was saying above and may try to diffuse the situation by watching Hatcher closely. Oh, and the home town crowd will let the refs know, loudly, whenever Hatcher is on the ice, I am sure. :D I may be wrong though. We will see how these predictions come out.

Liquidrage* 11-19-2005 03:56 PM

bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.

Jack Canuck 11-19-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidrage
bah blah blah Crosby blah blah dove blah blah Hatcher blah blah.

How funny is it that some Pens fans want revenge on a play that was probably a dive.

There was a high stick. That was the only time Crosby actually got roughed up all night and it didn't look intentional and you generally don't go looking for revenge on accident high sticks. Get over it already.
They don't need to get revenge for Crosby's dive along the boards and him laying on the ice pretending to be seriously hurt in an attempt to get a penalty.

That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Bender 11-19-2005 05:10 PM

These 2 jerk-offs have reffed some Avalanche games and usually, when the reffing is so-so I don't bother to check WHO is officiating but the last time they reffed I just had to find out who the hell was doing such an AWFUL JOB !

Why doesn't the NHL do something about these two retards ?

Liquidrage* 11-19-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Canuck
That dive that you are talking about was the time when his teeth got chipped and he had to go back into the dressing room to get stitches. The other high stick, I agree was an accident and I doubt it did much damage, but if a guy had already broken your teeth and given you stitches a couple of minutes earlier I bet you would be a little pissed too.

Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.

Jack Canuck 11-19-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Not according to my memory and this article from Pittsburg:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1472.0.php

It says the teeth were chipped by the high stick.

Now, if Crosby did chip his teeth on the hit along the boards it was on the ice or something because he didn't get hit with a stick in the mouth on that play.

Doesn't matter how it happened. He went to the back to get worked on before the obvious high stick ever happened. Therefore, your argument that he was diving on the first play is BS, because you admit the damage could have happened when he hit the ice. So if he got high sticked in the mouth, or punched, or smashed his face on the ice he still got two chipped teeth and four stitches on the play against the boards.

How is that a dive?

Jack Canuck 11-19-2005 05:49 PM

Whatever the refs do, good or bad, I just hope they call it consistent for both sides. This should be another great game.

phlacheesesteak 11-19-2005 06:08 PM

i just got down watching a period and a half of last nights game, and wow- the refing was poorly managed by these two. There was that one incendent where they did the face off in the nutral zone when there was an infraction on the thrash in their defensive zone. also the play where forsberg was blatently elbowed in the face by de vries and forsberg got the call on him for retaliating, IMO forsberg interfered but how can you miss that big elbow in the corner??? From what ive seen theres been A LOT of big hits and good checking through the first period. But the flyers had to kill off like 5 penalties in the first also. The open ice hit on Carter in the first was clean but, after that the play was rough and chippy, and the refs let it get a little too far out of hand by missing a lot of calls. I know, i know, ive only seen a period and a half....it sucks knowing what happens when your watching the game, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Lee and Devorski need to call it fair and cansistantly tonight, that, or they can keep trying to give the away team the advantage all game like they did last night...that'll be fine with me too :sarcasm:

BlackChristmas 11-22-2005 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
So with these two clowns in charge, is there any way they can screw both teams out of 2 points then? :dunno:

My guess is one of them fakes a heart attack to get the game abandoned.

I'm scared :help: