HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   **OFFICIAL** GDT 11/19 - Kings vs. Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=192655)

LuckyLUC20 11-19-2005 02:44 PM

**OFFICIAL** GDT 11/19 - Kings vs. Avalanche

Game Time: 7:30 PM PST | 10:30 PM EST
TV Broadcast: Fox Sports Net
Radio Broadcast: KSPN AM 710
Online broadcast: Kings Webcast | NHL Radio

• Jason LaBarbera, who had been excused from the team for personal issues, was back in the nets [Friday] at the El Segundo practice facility for the first time since Monday.
  • Click Here for the radio schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here for the television schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here For the Kings roster.

Quotable:

"That's like a 'Gordie Howe hat trick' for Sean. He's been very good for us lately. He's had lots of jump and he's been playing with composure." - Andy Murray on Avery putting eight shots on goal, the highest single-game total of any game this season, being credited with three hits and, most importantly, not taking a single penalty.

"My main role on this team is shutting down the best line of the other team, but I always knew I had the skills to put up numbers and with the new rules, with my speed, I can do a lot more offensively. Especially now, when there's a lot more goals to be scored, and I think we need the contribution of everybody in the lineup." - Eric Belanger

Injury Update:
  • Defenseman Mattias Norstrom sustained a thigh bruise that stiffened and sat out the third period against the Canucks. Norstrom says he will test the leg in today's morning skate and then determine his status for the game.
  • George Parros, who suffered a high ankle sprain in the first period Thursday, likely is headed to the injured list, to be replaced by Ryan Flinn from Manchester of the AHL.
  • Luc Robitaille skated hard for more than an hour [Friday] and afterward said his lower right leg fracture, suffered Nov. 3, has healed and that he hopes to return to the lineup sometime next week.
  • Derek Armstrong (groin) also skated and said afterward that he felt tenderness but may play tonight against Colorado

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Sports/s1.jpg

(from NHL.com)

**2005-06 Stats**

Leading Scorers:

Forwards:

Demitra, LA - 26 points (8 G, 18 A, +9)
Tanguay, COL - 22 points (7 G, 15 A, +3)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Defensemen:

Visnovsky, LA - 22 points (8 G, 14 A, +10)
Liles, COL - 16 points (5 G, 11 A, +3)

Probable Starters:

Garon, LA - 11 GP | Record: 5-4-0 | GAA: 3.05
Aebischer, COL - 13 GP | Record: 8-4-0 | GAA: 3.44

GAA:
LA - 2.85 (10th in NHL)
COL - 3.10 (17th in NHL)

Avg. Goals:
LA - 3.70 (5th in NHL)
COL - 4.00 (3rd in NHL)

Power Play %:
LA - 17.1 (20th in NHL)
COL - 19.8 (7th in NHL)

Penalty Kill %:
LA - 85.1 (8th in NHL)
COL - 85.5 (5th in NHL)

Code:

Pacific Division Standings:
1. Los Angeles Kings (13-6-1) 27 pts
2. Dallas Stars (13-6-1) 27 pts
3. Phoenix Coyotes (9-10-2) 20 pts
4. San Jose Sharks (8-8-2) 18 pts
5. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (7-9-4) 18 pts

Code:

Western Conference Standings:
*1. Detroit Red Wings (15-4-2) 32 pts 
*2. Los Angeles Kings (13-6-1) 27 pts
*3. Vancouver Canucks (12-6-2) 26 pts
4. Nashville Predators (12-2-3) 27 pts
5. Dallas Stars (13-6-1) 27 pts
6. Calgary Flames (12-8-2) 26 pts
7. Colorado Avalanche (11-6-2) 24 pts
8. Edmonton Oilers (11-9-1) 23 pts
-------------------------------------
9. Phoenix Coyotes (9-10-2) 20 pts
10. San Jose Sharks (8-8-2) 18 pts
11. Minnesota Wild (8-9-2) 18 pts
12. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (7-9-4) 18 pts
13. Chicago Blackhawks (8-11-0) 16 pts
14. Columbus Blue Jackets (5-15-0) 10 pts
15. St. Louis Blues (3-12-3) 9 pts

* - Division Leaders

Key/Division Games Tonight:
Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Sharks 7:30 PM PST | 10:30 PM EST

I Am Ziggy Palffy 11-19-2005 02:56 PM

so if Army doesnt go tonight, does Flinn play?

kingbrath 11-19-2005 04:42 PM

Colorado has never won back to back games in ANa and L.A, lets hope this trend stays true tonite.

Go KingS Go!!!!

The Mars Volchenkov 11-19-2005 05:23 PM

Whose starting in net?

Kearney 11-19-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGuy
Whose starting in net?

Garon, according to the LA Times (but they also have Hauser as the backup, so it may not be accurate).

Haik 11-19-2005 06:43 PM

It's gonna be scarrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy if Matias doesn't play tonight.

ILuvLA 11-19-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kearney
Garon, according to the LA Times (but they also have Hauser as the backup, so it may not be accurate).

Should be Garon with LaBarbera as backup - Hauser back to Manchester. Info below from lakings.com

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have recalled left wing Ryan Flinn from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League and have assigned goaltender Adam Hauser to the Monarchs, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.

Mindcircus 11-19-2005 07:10 PM

Avs should be back on their heels tonight. We can't take stupid penalties. Go Kings Go!

Kingz4life 11-19-2005 07:29 PM

I expect another solid game from the Kings...hopefully for 60 minutes! The Avs are coming off a tough game from last nigth so we have to get on them and not let them breath. :yo:

KINGS RULE!!!

AnThGrt 11-19-2005 07:32 PM

Lets hope we take this one that would be two big wins in a row - Avs are coming off tough game and back to back games for other teams are the games we need to win. Lets hope for a big game from the royal line and Garon or Labarbera (He is back? Since Hauser got sent down)

Zetterberg4Captain* 11-19-2005 07:35 PM

Go LA beat you better beat the Avs badly!
I predict a 4-1 Kings win.

Demitra, Frolov (2) and Cowan with the goals.

Venom_17 11-19-2005 07:47 PM

5-3 Avs. Sorry guys, I'm not feeling this one.

Avery, Cammy, Lubo with the tallies.

Mindcircus 11-19-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
5-3 Avs. Sorry guys, I'm not feeling this one.

Avery, Cammy, Lubo with the tallies.

What aren't you feeling? The Kings are one of the hottest teams in the league and the Avs are coming in on the end of a back to back. If we dictate play tonight like in the Vancouver game, we should win. Hopefully Matty plays.

took420s 11-19-2005 08:00 PM

Another game, another 2 points.

Do your job Flinn :yo:

Hasbro 11-19-2005 09:06 PM

Any word why LaBarabara is out?

Osprey 11-19-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
Another game, another 2 points.

That reminds me of a funny story a teacher of mine from high school once told us. He was handing back quizzes one day and a smart girl got hers, sighed and said "another day, another A." The teacher stopped cold, dropped his jaw and was just astonished at the pretentiousness. What made it even funnier was the fact that he was of Japanese descent (that culture really frowns on that sort of thing) and loved to make playful fun of American culture. I imagine it like "honorable Japanese meets classroom full of pretentious Americans." I think I'll always remember his character best from that one story he told... and it helps to be reminded of it every time someone says something similar. Anyways, back to our originally-scheduled programming...

Osprey 11-19-2005 09:48 PM

The Kings have started this game almost as undisciplined as the Canucks did.

I wish people would quit booing Blake. That's not going to make it any easier to re-acquire him.

Mindcircus 11-19-2005 09:57 PM

Like i was saying. If we dictate play and don't take stupid penalties we'll be fine.

Legionnaire 11-19-2005 10:11 PM

Avery is nothing more than a untalented, loudmouth, pest; who should be out of the NHL

somethingcorporate 11-19-2005 10:12 PM

If anyone thinks Avery is a no-talent big mouth, I hope they just saw his last goal. Excellent hands and a big goal for the Kings. :handclap:

riznat 11-19-2005 10:13 PM

woohoo, avery!

cant wait for the "oh yah, well... well... he runs away from fights, avery is a girl" posts.

way to go avery, piss off the other fans, piss of the other team, and clearly pissed of the goalie.

riznat 11-19-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Avery is nothing more than a untalented, loudmouth, pest; who should be out of the NHL

lol untalented? He skates circles around 90% of the league, he hits harder than 90% of the league and he plays harder than 90% of the league. You dont have to like him, in fact you probably dont because someone else on these boards told you not to, but dont pretend the guy isnt good, even great at times because you dont like the things he says or the way he carries himself in interviews ect.. how much blind hatred do you really have to have to say he doesnt belong in the NHL when hes clearly a terrific asset to ANY team.

Legionnaire 11-19-2005 10:18 PM

Zoooom! :biglaugh:

Welcome to the board anyway. :)

WhatTheFox 11-19-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznat
lol untalented? He skates circles around 90% of the league, he hits harder than 90% of the league and he plays harder than 90% of the league. You dont have to like him, in fact you probably dont because someone else on these boards told you not to, but dont pretend the guy isnt good, even great at times because you dont like the things he says or the way he carries himself in interviews ect.. how much blind hatred do you really have to have to say he doesnt belong in the NHL when hes clearly a terrific asset to ANY team.

I think its called sarcasm.

riznat 11-19-2005 10:24 PM

lol wow... i coudlnt have read into that more wrong :sarcasm:

I love the energy and enthusiasm that he brings and people constantly attacking him pisses me off :).

Thanks for the welcoming, ive read these forums for a little while, figured it was time to take the 30 seconds out of my life that it takes to register.

wow i am REALLY slow tonight... i finally got what the "ZOOOM" was all about :) you could say there is quite an air current over my head right now