HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Decision (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19278)

SIM_C 10-12-2003 09:15 AM

Decision

So is Hartley going here on in with Nurminnen or does he give Dafoe a start although they are undefeated?

Impossibles 10-12-2003 11:06 AM

Who was playing back-up for atlanta?

Does lehtonen have any chance of playing in the NHL this season, or is the plan to give him a year in the AHL?

ATLThrashers15 10-12-2003 11:18 AM

As long as the boys are winning, Pasi is in net. Kari is in Chicago and from what I hear has a groin pull and is out for now. Depending on the situation he could come up, but likely not.

dunwoody_joe 10-12-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
As long as the boys are winning, Pasi is in net. Kari is in Chicago and from what I hear has a groin pull and is out for now. Depending on the situation he could come up, but likely not.

He's got to play the hot hand--Pasi.

At some point. Dafoe gets a chance to show, if for no other reason than showcase for a deal.

btn 10-12-2003 03:51 PM

As long as the Thrashers have three goalies on the NHL roster, Hartley is going to have to find a way to get both Dafoe and Hurme(who is lsted as having a bad back) into some games. DW has stated he wants to move a goalie for offensive help in the next couple of weeks. He said they did not make a move in the past week due to the Snyder situation.

Lessard Fretter 10-13-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM_C
So is Hartley going here on in with Nurminnen or does he give Dafoe a start although they are undefeated?

Nurminen will be starting as long as he's healthy and on his game. Because he's the starter and best goalie on the team. And I really believe Hartley knows Nurminen is a solid up and coming goalie that will get this team to the playoffs as long as he gets the support he's gotten so far under Hartley's system.

Remember, Nurminen won Hartley over down the stretch last season, so his solid preseason and great start winning both games this reg. season will only make Hartley trust him more. Leaving Dafoe to backup duty. Or in other words, a game here and there when Nurminen needs rest and when there's back-to-back games.

By the way, Nurminen was 14-8-4 with .918 SV% under Hartley last season to go with his 2-0 2.00 .930 SV% this season, so Hartley knows what he has with him unlike those that say that Nurminen is nothing more than a inconsistent backup goalie, that Dafoe is better yadda yadda yadda.

Lastly, I hope that helps.

Holly Gunning 10-13-2003 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
As long as the Thrashers have three goalies on the NHL roster, Hartley is going to have to find a way to get both Dafoe and Hurme(who is lsted as having a bad back) into some games. DW has stated he wants to move a goalie for offensive help in the next couple of weeks.

I have to agree with btn here. They might WANT to start Pasi, but the need to keep Dafoe sharp and showcase Hurme should take precedence.

Lessard Fretter 10-13-2003 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG
I have to agree with btn here. They might WANT to start Pasi, but the need to keep Dafoe sharp and showcase Hurme should take precedence.

If the rumour from 790 AM mentioned at the Thrashers ESPN boards about a deal already being done is true, then Hurme is already as good as gone, so maybe they're just waiting till his back is better and/or for some other reason to complete and/or announce it.

Lastly, Hurme's background is well known, so doubtful that he'd need much, if any, showcase.

dunwoody_joe 10-13-2003 05:15 AM

I love rumors!

Where and for whom?

btn 10-13-2003 05:24 AM

Apparently someone on 790(Cotter?) said on Friday that DW has a deal for Hurme, another Thrasher, and our 1st rounder 2004 for an "All Star" forward. The deal was ready to go, but DW needed ownership approval to add payroll.

To add some fuel to this, on the post game show on Sat. DW was interviewed. He mentioned that we would be willing to part with our 1st rounder if the right deal came along.

Lessard Fretter 10-13-2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
Apparently someone on 790(Cotter?) said on Friday that DW has a deal for Hurme, another Thrasher, and our 1st rounder 2004 for an "All Star" forward. The deal was ready to go, but DW needed ownership approval to add payroll.

To add some fuel to this, on the post game show on Sat. DW was interviewed. He mentioned that we would be willing to part with our 1st rounder if the right deal came along.

You covered it. All I have to add is that I hope it's true. And though I usually don't take much from rumours. This one actually sounds like one that could be true, or close to it.

Besides, I doubt Waddell would have picked up Hurme not already knowing he had a place to trade him or Dafoe...

Lessard Fretter 10-13-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessard Fretter
You covered it. All I have to add is that I hope it's true. And though I usually don't take much from rumours. This one actually sounds like one that could be true, or close to it.

Besides, I doubt Waddell would have picked up Hurme not already knowing he had a place to trade him or Dafoe...

I'm guessing that other Thrasher would be Tjarnqvist.

Holly Gunning 10-13-2003 05:17 PM

This rumor is just that, a rumor. Nothing to see here...

Lessard Fretter 10-14-2003 01:53 AM

Quote:

This rumor is just that, a rumor. Nothing to see here...

So you're saying the person on 790 just made it up?

Also, how do you know that there's nothing to it?

Holly Gunning 10-14-2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessard Fretter
Also, how do you know that there's nothing to it?

Have I led you astray before?

I don't know how it got started, that's a good question.

ATLThrashers15 10-14-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Have I led you astray before?

I don't know how it got started, that's a good question.

Yea, I agree, while I think something COULD be in the works, how did Cotter (?) get his info? Waddell is not going to talk about ANYTHING like that before it happens. PLUS, what team is going to trade for a hurt goalie? Hurme wont be traded until he is able to play, because right now he has a bad back.

btn 10-15-2003 04:13 AM

Actually Holly may be on to something. I have heard that instead of 790 it was 680, and that means it was Kincaide.

Lessard Fretter 10-15-2003 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
Actually Holly may be on to something. I have heard that instead of 790 it was 680, and that means it was Kincaide.

I recently heard that too, apparently someone posted saying it was 680 at AtlantaThrashers.com forum a while back.

By the way, CBSSportsline rumour mill is reporting that Thrashers are trying to sign Steve Thomas, apparently for something like 900,000. I'd very much like that, because "Stumpy" is as clutch as they come and would be a great addition to this team for other reasons too.