HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Michael Ryder (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19288)

sjmapleleafsfan 10-12-2003 09:38 AM

Michael Ryder

Congratulations to Bonavista, Newfoundland native Michael Ryder on not only making the Montreal Canadiens out of training camp but for scoring his first professional goal last night against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

sjmapleleafsfan

komisakick ass 10-12-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmapleleafsfan
Congratulations to Bonavista, Newfoundland native Michael Ryder on not only making the Montreal Canadiens out of training camp but for scoring his first professional goal last night against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

sjmapleleafsfan

7 shot on goal, and that is with Perreault
Watch out with Koivu :yo:

Ryder-Koivu-Audette

two scorers with Koivu, that what he need

SwedenRulez 10-12-2003 09:50 AM

He went to the net hard, he shot often, that what we needed since a LONGGGG time.

Boutmania 10-12-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komisakick ass
7 shot on goal, and that is with Perreault
Watch out with Koivu :yo:

Ryder-Koivu-Audette

two scorers with Koivu, that what he need

Did Audette do anything to deserve a spot on the first line?

RE-HABS 10-12-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutmania

No, he rode the wave from Ryder and Perreault...his shot on net turned into an assit when Ryder scored, but other that Audette has no right of getting 1st line ice time over guys like Ward.

NWT Habs Fan 10-12-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
He went to the net hard, he shot often, that what we needed since a LONGGGG time.

This has been a rare commodity in the Bell Centre of late. Too many soft forwards not willing to create their own chance with good forechecking, finishing their checks, and going hard into the corners and to the net to retrieve the puck. Obviously that hard work is being rewarded by management and he is slowly working his way into becoming a fan favourite for his efforts.

Keep it up Michael, maybe it will be contageous and others will follow suit.

StanleyCH25 10-12-2003 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
No, he rode the wave from Ryder and Perreault...his shot on net turned into an assit when Ryder scored, but other that Audette has no right of getting 1st line ice time over guys like Ward.

Well, he deserves it if we have any intention of trading him. Hopefully he gets a few goals in early in the season so that we can trade him before Christmas.

komisakick ass 10-12-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutmania

He can score goals, he is a pest in front of the net, that why he is on the first line.
but i think he will not follow the system because he think he is over everyone. I think he just don't care and he have a bad attitude.
So I say keep it on the first line if he produce and when BG will have the opportunity, he will trade him.

I'm agree with you that Ward diserve is chance
But I don't think this guy is a first line winger

Mackee 10-12-2003 11:21 AM

Off topic: Well Ward has been one of the few players on this team that consistently finishes his checks. I'm not sure if he can become a 1st line PF, but I'd take him over Audette any day of the week.

On topic: Finally, a player that drives to the net! Gotta feel great for Ryder, he's had a great first two games and definitely deserved the goal. Let's hope he can keep it up for us!

Howie Morenz 10-12-2003 11:36 AM

I know it's only a few games but he reminds me of John Leclair when he started out with the Habs.

Dynasty 10-12-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmapleleafsfan

sjmapleleafsfan

YES!!!! A great big congratulatins to Michael Ryder for scoring his first NHL goal last night!!!!!!!!:handclap::handclap::handclap:...And well deserved might I add!!...What a dominant game he had, all over the ice!!...7 shots on net!!...That was one third of Montreal's total shots in the game!!...With any luck he could have had 3 or 4 more shots and 2 or 3 more goals!!...Also, congratulations to the rest of the team for a fine performance!!...Ryder definitely deserved his 1st STAR in this game as selected by CBC!!

Finally, a big thank you to Claude Julien for believing in Ryder for so many years!!...You are to be congratulated for not only your tremendous ability to recognize young talent but also for your outstanding ability to develop young talent!!!...Also, a big thank you to Bob Gainey for the newest big believer in Ryder!!!

Kirk Muller* 10-12-2003 02:01 PM

Easy to say now, but this is the first game in which I saw him, and I'm a fan.

Gainey RULZ 10-12-2003 03:23 PM

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3F89E0A0.html
Quote:

Il y a un an, Claude Julien était l'entraîneur des Bulldogs de Hamilton. Il reçoit alors un appel du directeur général de l'époque André Savard qui lui demande d'envoyer Michael Ryder à l'autre club école de l'équipe, soit à Utah, et de garder Marc-André Thinel à Hamilton. Claude Julien a alors expliqué à Savard qu'il voulait garder Ryder parce qu'il serait plus facile pour lui de le rayer de sa formation et l'envoyer dans les estrades.

If CJ wasn't the Hamilton coach... Ryder would play with Utah... so
THANK YOU CJ !! :handclap: :yo:

GO HABS GO !!!

RE-HABS 10-12-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komisakick ass
He can score goals, he is a pest in front of the net, that why he is on the first line.

Audette is a pest in front of the net? When has he even ventured in front of one? Except for Zed and Ryder we have no net crashing wingers, and Audette is not to be confused with Dino Ciccareli.

Drunk World Order 10-12-2003 04:43 PM

This guy certainly has the attributes to be a solid NHLer...He doesn't look like a rookie out there at all...he has great hockey sense and a solid accurate shot...as far as those reviews about him being a poor skater...it's definately not true...he has good speed...and is strong on his skates...GO RYDER GO!!! ...I believe the first line should be Bulis Koivu Ryder...If Audette can turn it on then great...but if not...then he should be elsewere...but because he has a hefty salary...montreals brass feel as if they have to play him on the first line?

Dynasty 10-13-2003 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
I know it's only a few games but he reminds me of John Leclair when he started out with the Habs.

Wow!!..That was my projection of the type of player Ryder would be in the NHL 3 or 4 years ago!!

P.U.S.H. 10-13-2003 03:38 AM

Ryder should play on the 1st line scratch Audette in 2 games he has shown....... NOTHING! lines should be

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Higgins-Juneau-Sundstrom (these guyz will help Higgins the way J/Dacks had helped Bulis and Hossa)
Dwyer-Kilger-Ward

this should be the forwards when the team getz back together or even toss Kilger up between H and S

deandebean 10-13-2003 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gainey RULZ
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3F89E0A0.html

If CJ wasn't the Hamilton coach... Ryder would play with Utah... so
THANK YOU CJ !! :handclap: :yo:

GO HABS GO !!!

Oh! great St-Savard, great talent evaluator, who wanted the softee Thinel over the more rugged Ryder. Because, according to the St-Savard's word, talent over grit is wayyyy better.

Julien did good. He understood that Savard was making a HUGE mistake.

komisakick ass 10-13-2003 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Audette is a pest in front of the net? When has he even ventured in front of one? Except for Zed and Ryder we have no net crashing wingers, and Audette is not to be confused with Dino Ciccareli.

I don't say that he take place in front of the net, I say that he is always in mouvement in the slot and take good shot, especially in PP

When I say that, I don't talk just about last year but of his carrer, he have made this and can always made this today, just give him a chance, I think he is more proven at the NHL level, no?

Corey 10-13-2003 07:54 PM

I'm pleased that the fans are beginning to appreciate Julien. he seems to know what he's doing.

Team_Spirit 10-14-2003 08:53 PM

Ward will shine at some point this season like he did last year when he was called up , him and Ryder give us a good depth on the Wings .

KOMO_ROCKS 10-14-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Ward will shine at some point this season like he did last year when he was called up , him and Ryder give us a good depth on the Wings .

yup