HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Announcement - New season, new protocol (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19301)

Mathieu Lavergne 10-12-2003 10:33 AM

Announcement - New season, new protocol

Hello fellow habs fan, the summer was very long and now that hockey is back :yo: , the protocol will slighly change around here.

1) Keep the threads habs-related, exceptions can be made but it needs to be really important, The general boards and the lounge are there for most subject that aren't Habs related contents. Please make good use of those boards. Threads that do not comply will be closed or deleted.

2) There will be 3-4-5 sticky threads at best on the board:

1) The ''roll call'' thread

2) The game threads*

3) Russian Fan's video highlights thread

4) Non-Bulldogs prospects update thread**

5) Habs-related breaking news (trade, firing etc)

*We will try a two threads protocol for each game. I'm getting tired of merging threads that belongs in game threads, one thread will be created for the pre-game and during the game. At the end of the game, the thread will be closed and another thread will be created for the after-game thoughts. However, there will be a 2-weeks tryout before it gets permanent, if I am obligated to merge threads after threads because they belong in the game threads, we will come back to the old formula. Don't expect us to be here each game though, the 3 mods have busy life and don't live for Hockey's Future.

**A new thread that will be stickyed for every 2 weeks (starting tommorow), it will show the updated stats of non-bulldogs habs prospects. It will be used to do a game-to-game update of our prospects. Stats and game report will be thrown in the thread. Interesting articles can have their owns thread though. I saw many threads to update some prospects stats but it doesn't get much debated.

Example:

Poster 1: Corey Locke scored 1 goal and 1 assist against The Petes.

Poster 2: Cool to see Locke still dominating without his ex-teammates.

Poster 3: :yo:

Poster 4: Way to go Locke. :bow:

etc.

3) The rules will be more respected than ever, especially the personal attacks. Also, I would like to remind posters that you cannot post an entire article on Hockey's Future, only a few lines with the link.

Any questions?

Mathieu Lavergne 10-12-2003 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
So we can't say things like way to go Locke or anything like that? So we gotta post like robots, meaning like it has to be all imformation/debates?

No, it means the threads that bring little to no debate like a prospect stats update should be reunited in one thread stickyed at the top and re-started every 2 weeks. It will be used as a ''filter'' thread for these kind of threads. They already do that on the Kings board if you want to understand exactly what I mean and I think it's a pretty good idea.

oli500 10-12-2003 11:01 AM

Tomorow night im going to the bulldogs home opener. I cant even tell the fellow habs fans how theire prospect are doing. :mad:

Mathieu Lavergne 10-12-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Tomorow night im going to the bulldogs home opener. I cant even tell the fellow habs fans how theire prospect are doing. :mad:

No, individual thread about the Bulldogs thread can be created. We know much more about the Bulldogs prospects and some of us are listening the games on radio. The stickyed thread would be for Non-bulldogs habs prospects, it doesn't affect the posting about The Hamilton Bulldogs.

didjuicythat 10-12-2003 03:31 PM

Well not much to say here and nothing to argue about, since these decisions have been taken by the board's moderators. If you guys would have asked us our opinions on the new rules before installing them, we posters could have posted our thoughts, comments and suggestions. ;)

Mathieu Lavergne 10-12-2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Well not much to say here and nothing to argue about, since these decisions have been taken by the board's moderators. If you guys would have asked us our opinions on the new rules before installing them, we posters could have posted our thoughts, comments and suggestions. ;)

1) is not debatable and 3) there's nothing to debate there.

and 2), we discussed about having only the roll call and (one) game thread stickyed only. For the rest, I added them on my own will and I consider these additions as bonuses. If people wants to suggest me something better or disagree with my ideas, they can always post their comments or suggestions, I'll listen to them.

didjuicythat 10-12-2003 04:29 PM

Alright you got me there, I agree with what you said. On the other hand, I have a few suggestions I'd like to give you guys in the future that would perhaps help making the board even better.... is that a good thing? :D :rolly:

Medicine Twin 10-13-2003 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
*We will try a two threads protocol for each game. I'm getting tired of merging threads that belongs in game threads, one thread will be created for the pre-game and during the game. At the end of the game, the thread will be closed and another thread will be created for the after-game thoughts. However, there will be a 2-weeks tryout before it gets permanent, if I am obligated to merge threads after threads because they belong in the game threads, we will come back to the old formula. Don't expect us to be here each game though, the 3 mods have busy life and don't live for Hockey's Future.

I think your just unnecessarily making it harder on yourself. One Game-Day thread is good enough. All you have to do is ask people to not post their predictions on it... those posts serve pretty much NO PURPOSE as none of us here are psychic as far as I know. They just take up space. And I really don't think anyone needs to post that they're excited about the upcoming game or that they hope the habs do well... I think that's just stating the obvious coming from a Habs fan.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, don't bother with the pre-game or during-game, just have a thread where we can post our thoughts on the game after it's over. Try that out.

... And, BTW, I still think the "Spotlight On" threads should be STICKYed. Only the day of the game, up until mid-way through the day of the next game.

Patty Roy 10-13-2003 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
On the other hand, I have a few suggestions I'd like to give you guys in the future that would perhaps help making the board even better.... is that a good thing? :D :rolly:

Fire away! If you've got some suggestions to try and make this board better, then by all means PM one (or more) of the mods on this board.

Mathieu Lavergne 10-13-2003 05:44 PM

For the game threads, I'm currently debating with myself so we'll see what the outcome will be next game I guess. There's many opinions about this and I cannot satisfy everybody.

I think the Splotlight on threads can bring up good answers without a sticky, we are trying to limit the stickys. If I were stickying everything people are asking me to sticky there would be 12 stickys on this board.

We'll try this for now, if the board ends up being a mess, things will be changed but I think it should be alright.

nic29+ 10-13-2003 05:53 PM

No more birthday threads? :rant:

Mathieu Lavergne 10-13-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nic30
No more birthday threads? :rant:

Birthday threads are an integral part of this board and will always be welcomed.

habs_24x 10-17-2003 10:28 PM

im pretty sure the mods are not here to censor our posts but are asking us to keep everything nice and tidy.

ShootOut 10-18-2003 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_24x
im pretty sure the mods are not here to censor our posts but are asking us to keep everything nice and tidy.

You don't them well, my brave knight. Under their charming smiles and welcoming behaviour hide a thirst for censor and a taste for violent confrontations that are second to none.

Furthermore, some rumors have implied that these mods secretely worship the Boston Bruins! But they are just that, rumors, and they could very well come from the Bruins board, where they are desperate for new fans to pack their half-empty arena. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
1) Keep the threads habs-related, exceptions can be made but it needs to be really important, The general boards and the lounge are there for most subject that aren't Habs related contents. Please make good use of those boards. Threads that do not comply will be closed or deleted.

Venerable governor... would an adorable little crusade qualify itself as a habs-related thread? :)