HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds Reassign Gamache to Milwaukee (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193164)

jstreet 11-21-2005 08:30 AM

Preds Reassign Gamache to Milwaukee

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=611

Joe T Choker 11-21-2005 10:28 AM

bye bye Gamache, it was nice knowing you, to bad you didn't take the bull by the horns when you had the chance to

jstreet 11-21-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
bye bye Gamache, it was nice knowing you, to bad you didn't take the bull by the horns when you had the chance to

I traveled up to Cincinnati to watch the Ads play several times last season and I was so very impressed with Gamache. I really expected great things out of him, I just hope he goes back and flourishes in the AHL.

triggrman 11-21-2005 10:51 AM

Gamache played with Harts and Perreault Saturday, and still looked below average, IMHO.

hillbilly 11-21-2005 12:21 PM

its just a conditioning assignment.

triggrman 11-21-2005 01:08 PM

As was Tootoo's, although not officially as he doesn't have to clear waivers but he was sent down to get some skating time in.

hillbilly 11-21-2005 01:19 PM

In other words. Gamache will be back and Fiddler will be back down.

barrytrotzsneck 11-21-2005 11:13 PM

I'm not sure why we just assume he'd be claimed. Tons of guys like Gamache(big AHL scorers who can't do it in the NHL) go up and down all season long. I think we're overrating him a bit...

muddycreek* 11-22-2005 04:52 PM

Too small to play on 4th and 3rd. Someone will pick him up and give him some ice time on second line. I was impressed that he did not shoot the puck evey time he got it. He made some good passes and has a lot of heart. He was over matched in fron of the crease where he was asked to play. too small to go down low and pull them off the boards. I believe he's just to darned small. He aint 5'-10" unless you measure him in is skates! he's not particularly fast or a fancy skater. I hope he'll land somewhere he can suceed. I wish we'd kept Radulov. Next year! :yo:

Uppie101 11-23-2005 09:51 AM

What make you think that Radulov would do any better getting < 6 minutes of icetime per game on the fourth line. Argueably Gamache was as good or better then Radulov when he player in the QMJHL.

triggrman 11-23-2005 10:27 AM

At camp, Gamache looked too small and slow, Radulov looked like a superstar. Everytime Radulov touched the puck something happened.

Twist and Shout 11-23-2005 11:58 AM

He'll be back.

dulzhok 11-23-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'm not sure why we just assume he'd be claimed. Tons of guys like Gamache(big AHL scorers who can't do it in the NHL) go up and down all season long. I think we're overrating him a bit...

From my understanding, Gamache was not exposed to waivers. He's on a conditioning assignment in Milwaukee.

I have only seen 2 games this year, so I can't say how he has been playing. But from a numbers standpoint, it's hard for an offensive-type player to do anything on the 4th line. I'm all about giving him a true chance before we throw him away. We don't want to pull a Martin St. Louis.

On another note... I think Gamache has a less likely chance of being taken on wavier wire now, as opposed to the begining of the year.

triggrman 11-23-2005 02:33 PM

He played with Perreault and Hartnell and still didn't generate chances.

He has 4 shots in 11 games. Even Hordichuk has a better shot per game ratio. Upshall has 9 shots in 8 games, but does get a minute per game more ice time, probably because he's doing something with the time he gets.

dulzhok 11-23-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
He played with Perreault and Hartnell and still didn't generate chances.

He has 4 shots in 11 games. Even Hordichuk has a better shot per game ratio. Upshall has 9 shots in 8 games, but does get a minute per game more ice time, probably because he's doing something with the time he gets.

And both of those guys' game work well on the fourth line. Gamache does not.

You can say that he got one game with Perrault and Harntnell, and that he blew his chance. But I don't really think one game with those random linemates is enough to verify throwing him away.

This reminds me of Erat in 2000-01. Playing on the fourth line, totally misplaced. Killed his confidence too. And it's what Calgary did with Marty St. Louis.

I'm not saying that Gamache will be the next Erat or St. Louis, but you don't know unless you give him a chance.

triggrman 11-23-2005 03:14 PM

But Erat still looked like he belonged, Gamache has not. If Gamache had their speed, I'd say keep him up, heck, I'd say that if he had Hordichuks speed.

Even the year Erat was sent down, he generated 2.4 shots a game, Gamache right now is at .4

barrytrotzsneck 11-23-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uppie101
What make you think that Radulov would do any better getting < 6 minutes of icetime per game on the fourth line. Argueably Gamache was as good or better then Radulov when he player in the QMJHL.

The difference is that there are guys that strike you as "junior scorers" and guys that truly shine. By your logic, shouldn't Gamache's lofty junior numbers have catapulted him into at least the top 3 or 4 rounds? Rather than one of the LAST overall picks? He was barely drafted. Radulov is a first round pick that's been a star in not only juniors, but at the international level. Numbers aren't everything, you know.

hillbilly 11-23-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

The difference is that there are guys that strike you as "junior scorers" and guys that truly shine. By your logic, shouldn't Gamache's lofty junior numbers have catapulted him into at least the top 3 or 4 rounds? Rather than one of the LAST overall picks? He was barely drafted. Radulov is a first round pick that's been a star in not only juniors, but at the international level. Numbers aren't everything, you know.

sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Erat was a very late round pick.

Luc Robitaille was a 9th round pick as well.

Dan McGillis was a 10th round pick

Obviously these are exceptions rather then the rule. However sometimes you get the diamond in the rough or however that saying goes

barrytrotzsneck 11-23-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Erat was a very late round pick.

Luc Robitaille was a 9th round pick as well.

Dan McGillis was a 10th round pick

Obviously these are exceptions rather then the rule. However sometimes you get the diamond in the rough or however that saying goes

I don't disagree...but for every player like that...there are 100 that put up big numbers in juniors and are currently toiling away in the UHL. Radulov is better than Gamache in every way, even NOW, despite the 6 year age difference.

dulzhok 11-23-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

I don't disagree...but for every player like that...there are 100 that put up big numbers in juniors and are currently toiling away in the UHL. Radulov is better than Gamache in every way, even NOW, despite the 6 year age difference.

I don't have high hopes that Gamache will be a 20+ goal scorer. However, I would not throw him into the "good junior player, sucks everywhere else category." This guy dominated juniors, as much as anyone can dominate juniors nowdays. He has dominated on the AHL, and dominated in the AHL playoffs. It's obvious that Poile and co. do not want to give up on him just yet.

But, honestly, playing him on the 4th line is probably counter productive. It's more than likely hurting his development. And that's probably why they sent him on this conditioning assignment. If all he is going to get is 4th line ice time, we might as well give up on him now.

Here are our options with Gamache:

1) Give him a true chance... multiple games on a scoringline and on the PP.

2) Wavie him. Even if he clears, it's unlikely we'd ever call him up because of the ridiculous wavier rules nowadays.

It's amazing that the same people that give Gamache ONE GAME to show his offensive skills on a scoringline, have given Legwand 6 years and counting to show his offensive skills on a scoringline.

Basher 11-23-2005 05:15 PM

Since we gave Gamache a chance, and it didn't really work out as well as it could have, why not through Haydar into the wind. He couldn't be any worse than Gamache. They are similar, so why not give Haydar his chance?

barrytrotzsneck 11-23-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Since we gave Gamache a chance, and it didn't really work out as well as it could have, why not through Haydar into the wind. He couldn't be any worse than Gamache. They are similar, so why not give Haydar his chance?

Wouldn't re-negotiate his contract down to under 75K, would have to clear waivers to come up.

That move, on his part, seems to say to me, "I'm happy in the minor leagues, thanks. I think I'll stay there forever."

jstreet 11-23-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't re-negotiate his contract down to under 75K, would have to clear waivers to come up.

That move, on his part, seems to say to me, "I'm happy in the minor leagues, thanks. I think I'll stay there forever."

I wouldnt have renegotiated either if I were him., it just doesnt/didnt ever look like Nashville planned on seriously using him in the NHL

barrytrotzsneck 11-23-2005 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I wouldnt have renegotiated either if I were him., it just doesnt/didnt ever look like Nashville planned on seriously using him in the NHL

That's ridiculous. Like 5 other guys did JUST to ensure they'd get call up priority, and it worked. What logic is that? "Well, Nashville was turned off by the fact that I was knocked senseless within minutes of my first ever call up...so I'll teach them a lesson by telling them they CAN'T call me up! Go Ads!"

Think about that. Everyone in the minors would love to get a call-up, Haydar just handcuffed himself in that matter.

triggrman 11-23-2005 07:40 PM

If I was Haydar I wouldn't have renegotiated either, he's a smart guy he has to know he's just a minor leaguer and has to get every dime he can.