HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Predators Vs Red Wings 11/21 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193189)

jstreet 11-21-2005 10:24 AM

GDT: Predators Vs Red Wings 11/21

Nobody has posted a Game Day Thread yet, so I thought I'd give it a try. I leave today and will be gone a week. I hate to miss so many games, I hope that a great winningtreak starts tonight even if I dont get to see it.

so here we go:

:nashville @ :wings

Nashville 12-3-3, Detroit 15-5-2

Game #19
Game Time 6:30 Central
Television: FSN South
Internet Feed: WGFX 104.5 FM

Notables from NP.com:

The game is the second stop for Nashville on a three game road trip that opened with a 4-2 loss to the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Paul Kariya and Marek Zidlicky each scored power play goals in the defeat, which snapped a four-game winning streak. The Predators' record stands at 12-3-3 overall, ranking them second in the Central Division behind the Red Wings and their 15-5-2 mark.

The Red Wings have lost four straight after winning 15 of 18 games to open the season. The skid is their longest since 1998-99. They opened a three-game homestand on Saturday with a 3-2 loss to the St. Louis Blues.

The Red Wings lead the all-time series between the clubs 17-4-4-2, and have never lost in regulation to Nashville on home ice (11-0-2-1). Shanahan and Niklas Lidstrom have the distinctions of being the all-time goal leader (19) and all-time assist leader (23), respectively, against the Predators.

biscuithead 11-21-2005 02:39 PM

Here's to hoping we prove we belong tonight! Hope Sully's effective.

Pred303 11-21-2005 04:16 PM

this is one of those fun games... where if we go into detroit and win, well it becomes a huge statement.. lose and well it's on the road, and expected by the rest of the hockey world so no huge deal.... if they lose, the team, the city, their management just might well go into panic mode

one thing to remember that while Detroit might well be 15-5-2 overall... they are 8-1 against the three weak sisters in our division(CLB,STL,CHI) while we're only 4-0-1 against those same three... Wings are only 7-4-2 against all other teams, compared to our 8-3-2..so when other fans start belittling the predator strength of schedule so far, Detroit has had the easiest road of any team in the West, something they know and are very sensitive of...

so to me, this is one of those golden opportunities for the preds... an opportunity to make a statement, with much lower risk than the wings on the downside

Basher 11-21-2005 04:47 PM

They are just getting their legs back from a tough weekend, and we are just getting our legs under us after the layoff and pretty weak game. Both teams should be primed for some good hockey, this one will be won or lost by special teams. I don't see a huge scorefest though, pretty tight defensively and fairly physical.

golfmade 11-21-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Nobody has posted a Game Day Thread yet, so I thought I'd give it a try. I leave today and will be gone a week. I hate to miss so many games, I hope that a great winningtreak starts tonight even if I dont get to see it.

But can you make the GDT's while you're gone if we win tonight?

Joe T Choker 11-21-2005 07:07 PM

intermission, due to jiri fischer having to have cpr administered :eek:

*says a prayer*

braindead 11-21-2005 07:08 PM

Very scary... they have been doing cpr for a very long time.

crossxcheck 11-21-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead
Very scary... they have been doing cpr for a very long time.

no doubt. God, I hope he's going to make it!!

crossxcheck 11-21-2005 07:15 PM

They didn't rush him to the ambulance, so hopefully the cpr worked. *fingers crossed*

crossxcheck 11-21-2005 07:18 PM

interview w/ captain johnson and he says jiri is breathing and stabilized. says he just collapsed on the bench and wasn't hit with a puck or anything.

crossxcheck 11-21-2005 07:28 PM

petey and terry just got word that jiri is now breathing on his own :handclap:

Pred303 11-21-2005 07:33 PM

of course, all that is really important right now is that fischer is ok, anything else is of no importance.... he was on the ice for the goal, cann't trace if anything happened to him before he skated back to the bench

nine_inch_fang 11-21-2005 07:37 PM

Looks like a heart attack.

golfmade 11-21-2005 07:39 PM

Wow, I just got home (went out to get some dinner) and my mom was like "Someone named Jiri something is on the floor not breathing..."

I'm really scared, is he doing ok?

Basher 11-21-2005 07:41 PM

ESPN news had something on the bottom line about him being hit in the throat with a stick...something I feared might have been the case. Lets hope it wasn't intentional.

That was quite scary though, seein' the guy doing CPR on the bench. My prayers are with Jiri.

Pred303 11-21-2005 07:41 PM

a scary thing to watch...just don't see how it will be possible for this game to be resumed with everyone's mental condition after this

crossxcheck 11-21-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
ESPN news had something on the bottom line about him being hit in the throat with a stick...something I feared might have been the case. Lets hope it wasn't intentional.

That was quite scary though, seein' the guy doing CPR on the bench. My prayers are with Jiri.

I haven't heard any confirmed reports that he was hit with a stick or a puck, but collapsed and has a history of heart problems.

word is now that the wings management gets to decide on whether or not the game is called off or played or delayed or whatever.

Pattypred 11-21-2005 07:51 PM

Just heard from a friend listening on the Detroit feed that Fischer was already down prior to the play at the other end of the bench. They are saying he had some sort of seizure.

swiss54 11-21-2005 07:55 PM

Fischer is "alert"

Latest from Wings broadcast: Fischer suffered a seizure on the bench, CPR was administered, a report that a defibrillator was used. Fischer transported to hospital...was concious and responsive. It appears the game will be finished, but no official announcement yet.

mmneely932 11-21-2005 07:59 PM

Looks like the game is done, I just saw Chris Mason leaving the dressing room with his gear.

golfmade 11-21-2005 08:01 PM

I'm not a religious man but my thoughts are with Jiri, his family and the teams.

swiss54 11-21-2005 08:02 PM

Game has been called.

Pred303 11-21-2005 08:18 PM

well...that's for the best...in the spirit of sportsmanship the game couldn't go on

not to be disrespectful, but in a discussion of the start of this game, i have to give suter,hall,upshall, and johnson credit on that goal.. excellent play by all 4, i really do think upshall tipped that puck after johnson hit it.. but whether he did or not, he made the play possible with the pass back out from behind the net, then suter with a great point shot, just like you want, thru traffic, low on the ice to generate a rebound, with hall, johnson, and upshall all crashing the net.. was a fine hardworking goal

predator speed advantage was obvious, generating that shot by kariya off the pipe on the backhand and another good breakin by erat/kariya/legwand.. preds dodged a couple of bullets with some backline turnovers, especially that one that was intercepted on suter's pass attempt.. vokoun looked solid position wise on all the shots, and preds had done a good job of preventing traffic to let him see them..no real good scoring chances for the wings yet, i figure we had three real good ones...the goal, the pass thru the goalmouth from sullivan on the pp that hall couldn't get a stick on, and the kariya one off the pipe

we were again losing too many defensive zone faceoffs, for the second game in a row... 4 of the wings shots came as the result of lost faceoffs in our own zone, something we have to get back to doing well... we were only 1 for 5 in our defensive zone on draws when they stopped the game, unacceptable.

this was going to be a great game... but of course, it all is unimportant in a measurement against jerri fischer being ok

Pred303 11-21-2005 08:40 PM

the logical choice would have been to reschedule this game on one of our other three trips into detroit this year...but looking at our schedule it won't be possible for any of those three games....days on either side are already gamedays, or it would force the preds to play three nights in a row, which is of course not allowed in the league rules... will have to be something creative done here schedule wise to fit this one back in

jstreet 11-21-2005 09:06 PM

ok, no more GDT origins for me!