HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Marchant is a Duck (TSN) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193205)

King Blazer 11-21-2005 11:31 AM

Marchant is a Duck (TSN)
 
TSN.ca Staff

11/21/2005 12:09:08 PM

Todd Marchant is a Mighty Duck of Anaheim.

The Ducks put in a waiver claim on the 32-year-old veteran centre who was put on waivers twice in the last week by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143970&hubname=

Face Wash 11-21-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
TSN.ca Staff

11/21/2005 12:09:08 PM

Todd Marchant is a Mighty Duck of Anaheim.

The Ducks put in a waiver claim on the 32-year-old veteran centre who was put on waivers twice in the last week by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143970&hubname=


It's still a bad trade. :shakehead. So much for those who thought the Ducks would quickly turn around and replace Fedorov

Old Hickory 11-21-2005 11:32 AM

So all told they save $2 million and picked up 3 guys who can't score. Which was their problem before the season started and is now worse.

TonySCV 11-21-2005 11:32 AM

Now if someone wants to tell me how this materially improves their team, I'm all ears.

Strange, strange signing.

Old Hickory 11-21-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Now if someone wants to tell me how this materially improves their team, I'm all ears.

Strange, strange signing.

Also remember, they inherit his no trade clause and need his permission to trade him.

Face Wash 11-21-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Also remember, they inherit his no trade clause and need his permission to trade him.


Great point... talk about undeserving contracts. Todd Marchant is the poster child.

The Tikkanen 11-21-2005 11:37 AM

They got smaller?

TonySCV 11-21-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Also remember, they inherit his no trade clause and need his permission to trade him.

Right. I'd love to know what Brian Burke's master plan is, because I'm not seeing it. They're now back within $2MM of being in the same cap trouble they were before - with markedly less talent than before Burke was hired.

The team (and the owners) have got to be wondering WTH is going on. They lose Fedorov and gain 3 mediocre to sub-par players that can't finish.

- T

Fat Elvis 11-21-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Right. I'd love to know what Brian Burke's master plan is, because I'm not seeing it. They're now back within $2MM of being in the same cap trouble they were before - with markedly less talent than before Burke was hired.

The team (and the owners) have got to be wondering WTH is going on. They lose Fedorov and gain 3 mediocre to sub-par players that can't finish.

- T

Concur. You have to wonder why Burke is/was highly thought of as a gm. He signed 15 enforcers, resigned a fossil, and put the scoring of the shoulders of 22 yr olds. :dunno:

Old Hickory 11-21-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Concur. You have to wonder why Burke is/was highly thought of as a gm. He signed 15 enforcers, resigned a fossil, and put the scoring of the shoulders of 22 yr olds. :dunno:

D.A.R.E and I had this discussion at length once and pretty much came to the conclusion that he is a likeable guy and says all the right things to the media. A few guys in sports are in this situation. Another guy is Norv Turner. Awful coach, yet the media always reminds us what a good guy and good coach Norv Turner is and we always hear about "Norv Turners offense". Of course, when it doesn't work it's always the player fault and not Norv's.
He made Hartford a worse team, he gravy trained off of Keenan's hard work in Vancouver (just like Pleau did in St Louis) and actually made them worse in the long run.

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-21-2005 12:01 PM

great call by mckenzie, he outright said that marchant woudl be picked up by anaheim on the second round of waivers and it happened. i still can't believe anaheim would pick him up after getting rid of one ugly contract, makes no sense to me. now they're pretty close to where they were at before the fed trade but with very little to show.

i really cant beleive anaheim would pick marchant up, that has to be one of burke's worst moves after making a good one w/ the fedorov trade

Face Wash 11-21-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
D.A.R.E and I had this discussion at length once and pretty much came to the conclusion that he is a likeable guy and says all the right things to the media.


That's funny, because I've never heard that he was a "likeable guy".

took420s 11-21-2005 12:03 PM

I can't wait to hear how the Sucks spin this.

Albi 11-21-2005 12:18 PM

Please, can anyone explain me what the F is going on in Burke's head?

halco 11-21-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
TSN.ca Staff

11/21/2005 12:09:08 PM

Todd Marchant is a Mighty Duck of Anaheim. :shakehead

The Ducks put in a waiver claim on the 32-year-old veteran centre who was put on waivers twice in the last week by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143970&hubname=



:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Old Hickory 11-21-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Please, can anyone explain me what the F is going on in Burke's head?

It looks like there was a gentleman's agreement in place that if Marchant wasn't claimed the first time around, Burke would claim him the second time.

swinginutter* 11-21-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Please, can anyone explain me what the F is going on in Burke's head?

I have no idea...........but if he's smokin' something........he needs to share!

Albi 11-21-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
I have no idea...........but if he's smokin' something........he needs to share!

I'll pay the shipping costs to Italy :D

Albi 11-21-2005 12:57 PM

Hey Nick....GREAT AVATAR!!!:handclap:

swinginutter* 11-21-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Hey Nick....GREAT AVATAR!!!:handclap:

Grazie.........needed a change!

Although calamari still doesn't sound like cammalleri....but i'll ride the wave.

wabwat 11-21-2005 01:05 PM

is it me, or does Sandis Ozolstink have a huge f***ing can of invisible paint?

Old Hickory 11-21-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabwat
is it me, or does Sandis Ozolstink have a huge f***ing can of invisible paint?

He might be next to go, but with his contract and injury history....good luck.

MightyAdam 11-21-2005 02:04 PM

the guy they need
 
what you have to understand is that the Ducks have been getting their chances... A team that has been outshooting their opponents usually does not have to worry about their offense. The only reason it looks that way is because they do not have the goals to prove it.

There was a point last week where the Ducks had three straight games of 40 shots or more, and they still lost the games. So, maybe Marchant is just the guy the Ducks need. Adding another top scorer would maybe just produce more shots on goals, without finishing. If you remember, Federov is a top scorer, and he had yet to procuce a goal before getting traded.

What the Ducks need now is chemistry. And I can't wait to see how everybody reacts when starting with tomorrow's game, the Ducks go on a 10 game winning streak and move into first by Christmas. Then, Burke will truly look like a genius. Marchant is one of the BEST penalty killers in the league. The Ducks have been tearing it up 5 on 5, but most of their problems have been coming on killing their penalties. If they have just solved a big part of that with Marchant, they should start to do real well.

And if you look at their upcoming schedule, with the list of teams they are playing are not too good, this is the perfect time to get their confidence and go on a winning streak...with a new face on the team. Can't wait til tomorrow's game.

NOTE: Marchant is thought by some to be like an Eric Belanger type of player, but one who can chip in a few more goals and is better on the PK. Any Kings fan out there who wouldn't want Eric Belanger on your team?

Maynard 11-21-2005 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAdam
NOTE: Marchant is thought by some to be like an Eric Belanger type of player, but one who can chip in a few more goals and is better on the PK. Any Kings fan out there who wouldn't want Eric Belanger on your team?

Not as a first line center, not at 2.5, and not if he used the no trade clause the week prior to avoid playing here. That's what you got in Marchant.

King Blazer 11-21-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAdam
Any Kings fan out there who wouldn't want Eric Belanger on your team?

Not at $2.5 MILLION a year for the next three years...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.