HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Luc off IR - Flinn & Giuliano to Manchester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193603)

King Blazer 11-22-2005 02:13 PM

Luc off IR - Flinn & Giuliano to Manchester

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have activated left wing Luc Robitaille from the injured reserve list and have assigned forwards Jeff Giuliano and Ryan Flinn to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.

Robitaille is expected to play tonight for the Kings in St. Louis as is center Derek Armstrong.

link: www.lakings.com

No real surprises here...

Gentle Ben Ken0bi 11-22-2005 02:29 PM

Good, we need Luc back when we face the powerhouse Blues. Thanks for the info.

kingbrath 11-22-2005 03:39 PM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc!

Ziggy Stardust 11-22-2005 03:41 PM

Looks like Luc and Armstrong will be playing with Kostopoulos. The Kings now have 22 players on the roster (not including Valeri Bure on IR). Parros has not been placed on IR so we can assume that he is day-to-day. Now I wonder if Luc will get some time on the second PP unit. Lately the Kings have been going with Avery, JR and Brown as the three forwards on the second PP line. I would guess that Luc will be used in place of Avery and that Armstrong will replace Brown.

Fat Elvis 11-22-2005 04:58 PM

Flinn really doesn't belong with the big club. He got the puck along the boards and he just didn't know what to do. I'm guessing that he will play less than 20 games in the nhl from this point on. Ol' hands and feet of stone, will play his days out in the A or E imo.

took420s 11-22-2005 05:27 PM

This is cause for a :banana:

Kick 11-22-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Flinn really doesn't belong with the big club. He got the puck along the boards and he just didn't know what to do. I'm guessing that he will play less than 20 games in the nhl from this point on. Ol' hands and feet of stone, will play his days out in the A or E imo.

Agreed. Even the game in the AHL is now passing Ryan by. I like Flinn but he just doesn't have the necessary skills. At least Parros can skate & put up a few points for you.

Face Wash 11-22-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
This is cause for a :banana:

Really only KJ is qualified to make that assessment. :sarcasm:

Old Hickory 11-22-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
Really only KJ is qualified to make that assessment. :sarcasm:

I agree with Took, I see his banana and raise him one
:banana: :banana:

kingbrath 11-22-2005 06:04 PM

Luc will get a goal and an assist tonite....I had a vision!

Osprey 11-22-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I agree with Took, I see his banana and raise him one
:banana: :banana:

Is this family-friendly talk, KJ? :huh:

Captain Ron 11-22-2005 06:32 PM

Now that Osprey mentions it that comment is rather risque!:shakehead

TubbyTerrion* 11-22-2005 07:48 PM

Luc will play with JR and Cammalleri
Armstrong centers Popcornopolous and Brown
Garon in goal
Flinn in Manchester

Bananas for everybody!!!!!!!!!

Face Wash 11-22-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Luc will play with JR and Cammalleri
Armstrong centers Popcornopolous and Brown
Garon in goal
Flinn in Manchester

Bananas for everybody!!!!!!!!!

I think AM likes to put Army and Lucky together when at all possible. Wouldn't shock me if they put Brown on that line... maybe get him going. :dunno:

TubbyTerrion* 11-22-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
I think AM likes to put Army and Lucky together when at all possible. Wouldn't shock me if they put Brown on that line... maybe get him going. :dunno:

Well, when I posted what I posted, it was straight from the gravel pit voice of Andy Murray... Roenick and Cammalleri get Luc, and Dustin and TK go with Army.

Kick 11-23-2005 08:11 AM

Well it appears that Kip Brennan has cleared waivers and has been sent to Portland. The Monarchs play there tonight so maybe the services of Mr. Flinn will be required. :D

ReggieMoto 11-23-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKen48
Well it appears that Kip Brennan has cleared waivers and has been sent to Portland. The Monarchs play there tonight so maybe the services of Mr. Flinn will be required. :D

Those two had a warm-up in the pre-season, didn't they (Kings v. Ducks)? I wish I was going to be at the game tonight. Perhaps it might be worth $6.00 to watch this one on B2.

Reaper45 11-23-2005 10:35 AM

I'm surprised we have no healthy scratch forwards here in L.A. What happens if someone gets hurt? Who do we call up then?

King Blazer 11-23-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm surprised we have no healthy scratch forwards here in L.A. What happens if someone gets hurt? Who do we call up then?

They'd move Corvo to the forward position now that he's shown he's a sniper and dress Dempsey... :D

I think Giuliano remains the Kings option because he is exempt from waivers for this season...

tc 11-23-2005 01:39 PM

I did hear Nick Nickson say that Parros would be out "a while".

I hope he gets back soon. I am enjoying watching his progress.