HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   gagne (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19369)

lucas 10-12-2003 05:17 PM

gagne

i picked gagne in the pool this year thinking that he'd have a big comeback year and get back onto the fast track to stardom, however he's done nothing so far this year. i was wondering how he was looking so far, who he's playing with, and what kind of production i should get out of him this year. thanx.

Takeo 10-12-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucas
i picked gagne in the pool this year thinking that he'd have a big comeback year and get back onto the fast track to stardom, however he's done nothing so far this year. should get out of him this

Are you surprised? He's one of the most overrated players in the league. I'd anticipate around 45 pts.

Whinks 10-12-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucas
i picked gagne in the pool this year thinking that he'd have a big comeback year and get back onto the fast track to stardom, however he's done nothing so far this year. i was wondering how he was looking so far, who he's playing with, and what kind of production i should get out of him this year. thanx.

Its been only 2 games! What were you expecting him to get after 2 games, 10 goals?

blah 10-12-2003 08:43 PM

2 games in and Gagne goes from one of the best young forwards to overrated?

Banger 10-13-2003 02:50 AM

Gagne has been pretty invisible so far. He's had a few chances but hasn't really opened it up yet. Actually the whole line, Roenick/Amonte/Gagne has looked pretty bad so far. They will come around but have looked bad to date.

The Seeker 25 10-13-2003 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger
Gagne has been pretty invisible so far. He's had a few chances but hasn't really opened it up yet. Actually the whole line, Roenick/Amonte/Gagne has looked pretty bad so far. They will come around but have looked bad to date.

No question, these guys have shown no chemistry as a line through the first two games.

It would have been nice for them to take advantage of the fact they were playing two of the worst teams in the league right off the bat and have some momentum going, but now they're going to have to try and get it rolling on a long west coast trip. I think a goal or two will get this line hungry again......

Flyman 10-13-2003 07:21 AM

Don't forget that Simon spent all the training camp with Zeus and Willie. So he has to readapt his game with JR. Last year, they played well together, and JR likes to play with Simon. So just be patient...

RoDu 10-13-2003 12:31 PM

on the bright side, the recchi-handzus-williams line is looking mighty fine

blah 10-13-2003 02:43 PM

Is Recchi double shifting?