HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Trent Klatt has another big night... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19377)

The Produce Man 10-12-2003 06:30 PM

Trent Klatt has another big night...

Our old buddy Trent popped 2 goals for the Kings tonight, helping the Kings win 4-2 over the Hawks.

I'm glad to see a great guy like Trent enjoying success else where. He's proving to be a good signing by the Kings so far.

From NHL.com

CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Trent Klatt scored twice in a 43-second span of the second period as the Los Angeles Kings finished their season-opening road trip with a 4-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.

Klatt scored his first two goals for his new team, giving Los Angeles a 3-0 lead 9:16 into the second. He beat Jocelyn Thibault from the low slot for his first goal, then got behind the goaltender and pushed a loose puck over the goal line.

Defensemen Lubomir Visnovsky and Jaroslav Modry also scored for the Kings, who completed a 2-1-0 trip. It could have been perfect if not for a late collapse in Detroit on Wednesday.

Roman Cechmanek posted his first win with Los Angeles, making 31 saves.

Mark Bell and Kyle Calder scored power-play goals for the Blackhawks, who have been outscored 9-3 in three games this season (1-2-0).

canucksfan 10-12-2003 06:58 PM

Good for Klatt. I'm glad he's doing well.

kmad 10-12-2003 07:10 PM

Klatt was great for us and I wish nothing but the best for him, as long as he doesn't do well against us.

ilugram 10-12-2003 07:12 PM

Thats the strange thing about Klatt, last year he did great for us for the first part of the season, and scored a bunch of goals, then dropped off for the rest of the season

Probably going to do the same thing this year for LA.
Still a great presence out there and would have prefered for him to stay here.

incawg 10-12-2003 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilugram
Thats the strange thing about Klatt, last year he did great for us for the first part of the season, and scored a bunch of goals, then dropped off for the rest of the season.

Not so strange when you consider his abrasive style of play. He wears out by the end of the year, which is one of his problems (and it will become more apparent as the years go on). The best situation for him would be to sit out a game every now and again to rest up. With LA's injury woes that aint going to happen though.

That being said, he's still a solid player and I wish him nothing but the best (unless he's playing us of course).

SedinFan* 10-12-2003 07:30 PM

Trent who?

Reign Nateo 10-12-2003 07:39 PM

Go Klatter, honetly one player I'll miss more than Bure.

Glad to see him having success elsewhere.

Mr. Canucklehead 10-12-2003 07:52 PM

Nice to see the Klatter enjoying success. He deserves it, all-round quality guy.

~Canucklehead~

SopelFan* 10-12-2003 08:23 PM

He stole Robitaille's goal.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-12-2003 08:38 PM

My prediction: Trent Klatt will have a career season with 25 goals and 25 assists

Impossibles 10-12-2003 08:53 PM

TK always scores a few goals early in the season.

Wasn't it last year or the year before they kept bugging him because he led the nucks in goals for almost the first month?

monster_bertuzzi 10-12-2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
My prediction: Trent Klatt will have a career season with 25 goals and 25 assists

And George W Bush will be spotted teaching English at Harvard.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-12-2003 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
And George W Bush will be spotted teaching English at Harvard.

Trent Klatt is playing on the first line, so my prediction does have some merit to it at least.... ;)

ping 10-12-2003 09:39 PM

Once (if) Deadmarsh and Allison return to the lineup and Frolov starts to play a little better Klatt will see less time and in addition (not as a result) will wear down as the season progresses. I see 15-20 goals for him on the year. If I had to guess one I'd say 16 goals.

Great guy though. Good luck Klatter!

Peter Griffin 10-13-2003 06:58 AM

Good to see Klatt have some success playing on the 1st line for the Kings. :handclap:

LaVal 10-13-2003 07:09 AM

:handclap: go Klatt

Wetcoaster 10-13-2003 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck 19
Our old buddy Trent popped 2 goals for the Kings tonight, helping the Kings win 4-2 over the Hawks.

I'm glad to see a great guy like Trent enjoying success else where. He's proving to be a good signing by the Kings so far.

BTW did Burke drive him to the airport?

IceMelter 10-13-2003 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wetcoaster
BTW did Burke drive him to the airport?

No he flew from Queen Charlottes Lodge.

petrishriekandgo 10-13-2003 10:24 AM

Trent always seems to start hot, and then it gets worse from there.

Let's hope he can avoid the injuries and the slumps that plagued him in Vancouver and have a real solid year for the Kings.

Great to see him doing well, can't see it lasting however....