HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Lubo pacing Palffy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193784)

PrivateFubar 11-22-2005 11:26 PM

Lubo pacing Palffy
 
Is anyone else amused by the fact that before tonight, Palffy was tied with Lubo in points so far this season? In fact, it took a 3 point effort from Palffy to nudge him 1 over Lubo, who "only" had two points tonight. :biglaugh:

Palffy may still be a first class sniper and great skater, but I'll take Demitra over Ziggy any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Pavol is IMO a better all-around player and he not a prima donna like Ziggy.

Couldn't be happier than Ziggy turned down DT's last offer and Pavol decided to come to LA. :handclap:

ILuvLA 11-22-2005 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrivateFubar
Is anyone else amused by the fact that before tonight, Palffy was tied with Lubo in points so far this season? In fact, it took a 3 point effort from Palffy to nudge him 1 over Lubo, who "only" had two points tonight. :biglaugh:

Palffy may still be a first class sniper and great skater, but I'll take Demitra over Ziggy any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Pavol is IMO a better all-around player and he not a prima donna like Ziggy.

Couldn't be happier than Ziggy turned down DT's last offer and Pavol decided to come to LA. :handclap:

Bingo. Part of me also wonders what kind of line Zigo/Demitra/Frolov or Zigo/Demitra/Conroy might have been. Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo pleased with the new Royal Line of Conroy/Demitra/Conroy.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 11-23-2005 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Bingo. Part of me also wonders what kind of line Zigo/Demitra/Frolov or Zigo/Demitra/Conroy might have been. Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo pleased with the new Royal Line of Conroy/Demitra/Conroy.

that line with Ziggy would be way too soft and therefore uneffective...too many perimeter players....a guy like Conroy seems to be the much better fit...

the thing about Ziggy is, this should be his best remaining year....its probably going to be all down-hill from here

gogo99 11-23-2005 03:00 AM

Well...
 
Why do you compare Demitra and Ziggy??? You should do the comparision with Ziggy and Roenick... Compare Ziggy's 25 points to his 9... :) :) :) Because as Ziggy said, he turned down the offer when Kings got Jeremy... :handclap:

PrivateFubar 11-23-2005 10:12 AM

Why bring JR into it, that's not the point of the comparison.

I'm comparing Lubo with Ziggy because I'm showing how a lower paid defenseman on the Kings (Lubo) is generating as many points as a high-priced "star" forward (Palffy) is on a team that is offensive-minded.

You don't see the irony in that?

The Kings are a much tougher team defensively than the Pens and yet one of our defenseman is pacing their big UFA winger. What is Ziggy doing with all of that ice time he's allowed to float in? :sarcasm:

King Blazer 11-23-2005 10:24 AM

Lubo is also pacing Conroy and if it weren't for Frolov's 4-pts last night he'd be even with him as well... :sarcasm:

Quattro 11-23-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
Lubo is also pacing Conroy and if it weren't for Frolov's 4-pts last night he'd be even with him as well... :sarcasm:

*ding*

I don't understand the need to denigrate Ziggy just because Lubo, Demitra or whoever are having great years. Ziggy was nothing but a great player who basically carried the Kings for the last couple of seasons. Anybody who watched the Kings play over the last few seasons and still thinks Ziggy is "soft" or a "floater" or a "prima donna" is just not paying attention.

Capn Brown 11-23-2005 11:53 AM

We're currently 15-6-1. Had we signed Ziggy, we could have had a 2nd line of

Brown - Roenick - Ziggy

and would be 17-3-2 and on top of the NHL with 36 points. Sort of........

King Blazer 11-23-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
We're currently 15-6-1. Had we signed Ziggy, we could have had a 2nd line of

Brown - Roenick - Ziggy

and would be 17-3-2 and on top of the NHL with 36 points. Sort of........

Given the line combinations AM used last night, I doubt that Brown would be on the second line.

Capn Brown 11-23-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
Given the line combinations AM used last night, I doubt that Brown would be on the second line.

True!

PrivateFubar 11-23-2005 12:05 PM

Quattro, Ziggy is a prima donna. To deny that is to be in denial yourself. I cheered him on every night he was a King, that doesn't mean I shouldn't see him for the kind of player he is, a bit high on himself and tempermental. See his comments about how he didn't want to stay after the Kings signed JR. Give me a break.

He is a great player, no doubt about it. This is not attempt to somehow re-write history. It's obvious to anyone watching him the amount of talent he has. One of the things I was trying to do with the comparison was to show the relationship between money spent vs. return and how the right system and teammates make a difference. And how the "best" players sometimes don't make the difference they're contracts say they should. Lubo makes approx 1.5 and Ziggy makes approx. 5.5 or something like that.

It's obvious you really like Ziggy's ability. So do I. And I'm glad he's gone.

King Blazer 11-23-2005 12:09 PM

Ziggy actually makes $3.5...

It will be interesting to see how long Vis stays at $1.5 if he continues on the path he's on...

PrivateFubar 11-23-2005 12:11 PM

Sorry, that was a typo. But thanks for catching that. It should have read 3.5.

swinginutter* 11-23-2005 12:34 PM

Ziggy was stalling from the get - go with us. He had plenty of time to sign, and he had also stated in Slovak papers that the Kings were the front-runners and showed the most interest.
When Demitra signed it should have been green light for him, but he continued to stall. We then signed Roenick and he used that as an excuse. He shouldn't have said anything in my book. We still had the cap space for him, but quite frankly he was looking for greener grass.
I think he chose wrong. His skill is still sublime, but he's riding second fiddle in Pitt, and the attention is not on him (the way he likes it).........but he could have had the same in LA, with JR.

http://www.dailynews.com/kings/ci_3240101

One of the main reasons why Demitra signed was because of Lubo....and possibly Ziggy.

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-23-2005 01:11 PM

fans have this tendency to forget how good players were for us. it happend with allison and now it's happening with ziggy, i don't relaly get why. ziggy was great for us and was no where near the trouble u guys are making him out to be. had we signed him and demitra together, i think we would be #1 in the conference. cause frankly, roenick still hasn't done enough where one could say he has made a positive impact on the team.

man, just thinking about demitra and ziggy together is just amazing. if these two could have fed off one another, they could have been a real dynamic duo. and dont forget, ziggy was actually a pretty decnet 2 way forward when he played for us. i dont think AM would have let his play slip as the pen fans seem to be complaining about

King Blazer 11-23-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
man, just thinking about demitra and ziggy together is just amazing. if these two could have fed off one another, they could have been a real dynamic duo. and dont forget, ziggy was actually a pretty decnet 2 way forward when he played for us. i dont think AM would have let his play slip as the pen fans seem to be complaining about

I've watched quite a few of the Pens games this season and I think Ziggy has been playing a good 2-way game. He's the only guy in Pittsburgh's top 9 for scoring that's on the plus side of the +/-...

Ziggy is a great guy for Crosby to have playing on his wing. Crosby was "miced" last night and they played a segment where Crosby was basically picking Ziggy's brain about shot selection, passes etc...

Quattro 11-23-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrivateFubar
Quattro, Ziggy is a prima donna. To deny that is to be in denial yourself. I cheered him on every night he was a King, that doesn't mean I shouldn't see him for the kind of player he is, a bit high on himself and tempermental. See his comments about how he didn't want to stay after the Kings signed JR. Give me a break.

He is a great player, no doubt about it. This is not attempt to somehow re-write history. It's obvious to anyone watching him the amount of talent he has. One of the things I was trying to do with the comparison was to show the relationship between money spent vs. return and how the right system and teammates make a difference. And how the "best" players sometimes don't make the difference they're contracts say they should. Lubo makes approx 1.5 and Ziggy makes approx. 5.5 or something like that.

It's obvious you really like Ziggy's ability. So do I. And I'm glad he's gone.


I'm not aware of any comments he made after Roenick was acquired, so I can't comment on that. But nothing about how he acted while he was here would lead me to consider him a prima donna. Exactly the opposite, as a matter of fact, in that he generally tries to avoid the spotlight. In my opinion, the only reason he left was that the Kings only offered him a two year deal, whereas Pittsburgh offered him three years.

swinginutter* 11-23-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quattro
I'm not aware of any comments he made after Roenick was acquired, so I can't comment on that. But nothing about how he acted while he was here would lead me to consider him a prima donna. Exactly the opposite, as a matter of fact, in that he generally tries to avoid the spotlight. In my opinion, the only reason he left was that the Kings only offered him a two year deal, whereas Pittsburgh offered him three years.

Said it perfect........I think the longevity of the contract had everything to do with it and nothing else.
Although he did comment on the JR signing and I thought that was stupid. If anything he should tell his agent to go **** himself!

Osprey 11-23-2005 07:07 PM

Ziggy thought that the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, but his former fans also feel that the grass they're standing on now is greener than the grass on the side of the fence that they came from. If the point I'm trying to make it flying over heads, then I'm being too philosophical and should just shut up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.