HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is it time yet? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=193807)

Philly Flyer Fan* 11-23-2005 01:13 AM

Is it time yet?

When is it time we push the panick button boys?

DeleteThisAccount 11-23-2005 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan

When they're down 3-2 with a minute remaining in game four of a Stanley Cup Finals series where they're losing three games to none.

Panic now? No. Minor shake-up...maybe. :dunno:

(And no, by minor shake-up, I don't mean Sharp with Forsberg and Gagne)

Philly Flyer Fan* 11-23-2005 05:58 AM

Sorry.....maybe your right. Not the panick button yet, but defiantely a shake-up is coming if this crap continues.

2 things I believe that need to be addressed first and foremost.................

Goaltending
- Lets pick a guy and go with him for a good number of games. This back and forth nonsense is getting to me. We need to go with the guy who hot. (Example - IMO we should have played Frank last night)

Penalties
- Stay the ____ out of the box!!!! If we can't successfully kill penalties than we should be making a better effort to saty out of box

GKJ 11-23-2005 06:24 AM

Quote:

Penalties
- Stay the ____ out of the box!!!! If we can't successfully kill penalties than we should be making a better effort to saty out of box

They did last night.

John Flyers Fan 11-23-2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

Not for a long time.

MojoJojo 11-23-2005 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
They did last night.

Only because the refs decided to swallow their whistles. Plenty of non calls that would have had us in penalty trouble if they were calling the game like they were in October.

bennysflyers16 11-23-2005 09:51 AM

4 pts out of first with 4 games in hand in our division, not panick time yet.

Shake things up a bit , definetly, Start benching some guys who are not performing, switch the lines up a bit, give Nitty more of a look, Drop Brash, Bring Kapanen back. We are doing pretty damn good considering we have played so bad, that does not make sense, but it aint so bad.

stanley 11-23-2005 11:08 AM

This club just needs to get healthy. Kapanen/Primeau and the return of Desjardins will go a long way.

Any talk of trades makes me leary because they're really, really going to want the minimal amount of free money they have under the cap to go to someone they KNOW they'll need. The closer they get to the deadline, the more certain these needs will become apparent. Now, it appears they will need a defenseman, but things could change depending on injuries between then and now.

i am dave 11-23-2005 12:25 PM

I'm pushing the "easy" button I bought at Staples.

Toonces 11-23-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Not for a long time.

QFE

SwisshockeyAcademy 11-23-2005 12:50 PM

Its never too early too push the panic button. Provides good entertainment for fans of other NHL teams. Don't worry i'm a Leafs fan and our board will be ready to flip out if we lose to the Bruins tonite. Seriously, why would you be pushing the panic button? The team perhaps could use some more mobility on D, Hitch seems a wee bit too enamored with Hatcher/Rathje, Therien. Pitkanen is already unreal and is a superstar in the making. Richards and Carter are stars in the making. All teams have ups and down in the regular season. Panic away.

flyguy178 11-23-2005 02:09 PM

We're still the cream of the crop of the league. The fact that we have 27 points and we are talking about "pushing the panick button" just goes to show that we have the ability to be incredible, and even less than 100% we are still among the best in the league.

Sniperz25 11-23-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Panicking andytime before mid-March is ridiculous.

hockeyphan25 11-23-2005 06:17 PM

when the same team that knocked them out of the playoffs makes them look like little boys playing against men. Look at how this team has looked so far and imagine that we didn't get Forsberg, that's scary. Anyways I think they will pull it together. I am worried about the D though. We are also lacking toughness, maybe they can trade Brashear for a tough guy. I'm tired of Robert Esche being the only guy that gets fiesty, oh yeah and Pitkanen. As much as I liked the Ottawa brawl last year, it would be scary to see that happen this year.

CharlieGirl 11-23-2005 07:13 PM

It's way too early to panic... if this were mid-March and the Flyers were the middle of the pack, then maybe.

Considering Hitch has yet to have a full lineup, and there are an extraordinary number of new Flyers this year, I'm not unhappy with the standings. If they can get/keep the PK working well, the wins will come.

deuceswild 11-23-2005 07:39 PM

i was hoping the flyers would be around where ottawa is at the moment stats wise but i definitely don't think its panic time yet. with all the injuries and adjustments to the new rules and such i think were doing ok for only playing a quarter of the season. don't get me wrong though, there is still a ton of room for improvement. if we start trailing the rangers in points (with the same amount of GP) midway through the season ill start reaching for it..

Dr Love 11-23-2005 07:47 PM

Panic? Not at all. Be concerned with the defense? That I will agree to. The team needs to play more consistently on defense overall. I don't think the team is playing to it's capabilities.

Pantokrator 11-23-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitkanenPower
I'm pushing the "easy" button I bought at Staples.

:thumbu: I like this answer the best.

For me, I start pushing the panic button every season after the Flyers first loss, so for me I pushed it a long time ago. That's why my wife dislikes me watching the Flyers and why we don't have cable to see ANY hockey, since all season long I am in a constant state of angry panic.

GoneFullHextall 11-24-2005 01:48 AM

panic button? werent some people pushing the panic button after losing the home opener? Flyers are going to be fine. We will get the PK fixed and everything will be good.

DeleteThisAccount 11-24-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
panic button? werent some people pushing the panic button after losing the home opener? Flyers are going to be fine. We will get the PK fixed and everything will be good.

Well that was justified. At that point they were on pace for 0 points at the end of the season. :sarcasm:

Nacho 11-24-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom

I started getting concerned 7 games ago, when we barely won over Islanders... Now im really getting worried...