HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lineup when everyone's Healthy? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=194158)

Joe T Choker 11-24-2005 09:06 AM

Lineup when everyone's Healthy?

Kariya - Legwand - Hartnell
Walker - Sullivan - Erat
Upshall - Johnson - Hall
Hordichuk - Nichol - Stevenson

Hamhuis - Timonen
Markov - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky

Vokoun
Mason

triggrman 11-24-2005 09:16 AM

Looks good to me, although I'd prefer Smithson to Nichol

Pred303 11-24-2005 09:21 AM

personally, i'd love to see that lineup come about January..

..i really do think walker could handle the center postion given he chance and some experience, with his speed and defensive ability..
..i still like hartnell on a line with kariya and legwand better than erat there
..i personally like the impression upshall is beginning to make, and like the fact he adds speed to a third line with hall
..i like the looks of a stevenson-hordichuk-nichol 4th unit

..don't know if trotz is really ready to give up on perreault, or whether he's simply trying to get a point across about defensive responsibility..but it should be becoming apparent to all that something needs to be done centerwise on this team.. walker could possibly be a shortterm answer..personally i wish trotz would try adam hall centering sullivan and erat/hartnell until walker comes back or until a deal is made,if perreault's minutes are going to be severely cut back...

handtrick 11-24-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Walker - Sullivan - Erat
Upshall - Johnson - Hall

Hamhuis - Timonen
Markov - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky

Vokoun
Mason

As much as I concour that YP is not the answer to our 2nd line needs...I don't think Sully gets moved to center. I think Beech gets called up or Johnson moves to 2nd line, Smithson 3rd, and Nichol 4th is more likely. Most likely is YP continues at 2nd line center, spending times in Trozy's doghouse, coming back and playing harder a game or two...then go back to the same ol, same ol.
I don't think we do anything definitive at center until the trading deadline.

Also..I'm with Trig..I like Smithson over Nichol. I think Smithson stays the rest of the year up here.

Pred303 11-24-2005 09:35 AM

did you change what you had up there?.. i thought you were saying give walker a shot at 2nd line center, that i'd like to see tried, not sullivan

and i'm still undecided on this whole smithson/nichol debate....i really liked what i saw out of nichol early in camp and in the few games he did get in in regular season... i do like what smithson has done too of course..he's certainly going to make it hard to send him down based on how well he's played so far.. you get more of a pest in nichol, with a tad little more offense and speed, but more strength and hitting with smithson... faceoffs are going to be about equal, with maybe a slight edge to nichol over a full season, but both will be solid in the faceoff dot.. both will be good pk'ers, maybe smtihson gets a slight nod here, but nichol is a good pk'er.. smithson might well take slightly fewer penalties.. so all in all it looks like a tossup here to me right now... good problem to have on the 4th unit

nine_inch_fang 11-24-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Walker - Sullivan - Erat
Upshall - Johnson - Hall

Hamhuis - Timonen
Markov - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky

Vokoun
Mason

I would try like to see something like this:

Kariya.............Legwand...............Hartnell
Walker............Johnson................Sullivan
Erat................Smithson..............Hall
Hordichuk........Nichol...................Upshall

Ofcourse there would be the mix and match days but for the most part I think Johnny can replace YP.

C-J Carlson 11-24-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
I would try like to see something like this:

Kariya.............Legwand...............Hartnell
Walker............Johnson................Sullivan
Erat................Smithson..............Hall
Hordichuk........Nichol...................Upshall

Ofcourse there would be the mix and match days but for the most part I think Johnny can replace YP.

Jeremy Stevenson deserves to be on the team. Of course, the team had been carrying 13 forwards all season, so we can swap guys like Jerred Smithson, Darcy Hordichuk, Scott Nichol and Stevenson (or someone who's in a slump) in and out depending on the game. With Scott Walker out for a while, move Martin Erat up a line and replace him with Stevenson.

Anyhoo...

nine_inch_fang 11-25-2005 09:46 AM

I was talking about later in the season when everyone is healthy, so Walker would be back by then.

Carrying 13 forwards is the only way Stevenson is with this team for any length of time. He and Allison will be used when we need them for thier grit or as an injury fill in.

dulzhok 11-25-2005 09:53 AM

I think it's a possibility that we'll see Tootoo back up by the end of the year, regardless of how his skills have progressed in Milwaukee.

He did a lot for this team last year, both in the regular season and the playoffs. Some of the smartest "agitating" I've ever seen.

Uppie101 11-25-2005 10:25 AM

With Fiddler's play I can see him sticking around longer then Smithson.

nine_inch_fang 11-25-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uppie101

I would have to disagree with you on that one. The only line that got pinned in our own end consistantly lastnight was Fiddler's.

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-25-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uppie101

Smithson has been pretty significantly better than Fiddler, IMO....

Fiddler looks like a callup when he plays. Smithson looks like he belongs.

Joe T Choker 11-26-2005 12:05 PM

here's another spin on the lines

Walker - Hall - Sullivan
Upshall - Johnson - Erat
ex: Yanic, Smithson

Hamhuis - Timonen
Markov - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky
ex: Allison

Vokoun
Mason

triggrman 11-26-2005 12:55 PM

I have to agree, Smithson looks much better than Fiddler.

Avery4Byng* 11-26-2005 01:09 PM

So will Upshall be getting more ice time from here on in... or????????

neelynugs 12-03-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
Jeremy Stevenson deserves to be on the team. Of course, the team had been carrying 13 forwards all season, so we can swap guys like Jerred Smithson, Darcy Hordichuk, Scott Nichol and Stevenson (or someone who's in a slump) in and out depending on the game. With Scott Walker out for a while, move Martin Erat up a line and replace him with Stevenson.

Anyhoo...

if you had a choice btw stevenson and hordichuk, which one would be more likely to play?

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-03-2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
if you had a choice btw stevenson and hordichuk, which one would be more likely to play?

Hordy, easily, for me.

C-J Carlson 12-03-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs

It's a tough call, but I'd pick Jeremy Stevenson. IMO, he has a better all-around game than Darcy Hordichuk. They're both tough and can hit, and play well defensively, but Stevenson has more scoring potential.

Anyhoo...

utmfisher19 12-04-2005 05:19 AM

I think stevenson and hordi will both play. Now i am impressed with upshall and how he has played and how physical he can be. Im also impressed with the glimpses of offense he shows.... but honestly, nothing in my mind sticks out about this guy (kind of reminds me of eaton in that aspect). And i dont know if that is a good or a bad thing. So i think uppie maybe the odd man out.

CloakroomCrusader 12-04-2005 09:51 PM

I think you have to choose between Hordi and Stevenson. IMO, I would choose Stevenson. Better overall, even with more PIM. That way we can keep Perreault. I would also want Smithson rather than Nichol. I'm not sure if it's feasible, but I would keep Zanon up. In his two games he has showed the ability to recover from mistakes, and that shows maturity. I know Allison would have to clear waivers, and I'm not sure that Poile is or will be willing to take the chance of letting him go.

triggrman 12-04-2005 11:14 PM

Upshall to me has looked great just hasn't cashed in. He brings the offense and speed that neither hordi or stevenson can.

Enoch 12-05-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Upshall to me has looked great just hasn't cashed in. He brings the offense and speed that neither hordi or stevenson can.

I agree. Another thing with Upshall is his lack of time. I checked it out on NHLPA.com and Scottie is averaging 9.36 minutes a game, with only 0.29 powerplay minutes and 0.5 shorthanded minutes....8.50 even strength minutes. Trotz isn't giving him the time to really be anything more than an energy guy at this point, which he is doing very well. The thing is, I don't want another energy guy. I don't want another person running around just looking for hits. I want a guy that will put in 20, rack up 20 assists and hit. I hope that Trotz doesn't kill Scotties offensive talent with this system....

Twist and Shout 12-05-2005 10:54 AM

I take it Eaton has come around after his fairly average start to the season?

tulsytrid1 12-05-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenSteen
I take it Eaton has come around after his fairly average start to the season?

I think Eaton has looked much better the last 10 or so games. I would also take Smithson over Nichol at this point. Smithson's play has made it a difficult decision when all the guys come back healthy. Although I agree that YP has glaring holes that have been mentioned here before, I don't think Trotz would sit him @ this point. I like what the lines would look like without Yannic, but he is a vet and he does chip in some timely goals, so I think Trotz will run with him. Keven Klein and Greg Zanon have both looked pretty good in their short stays, and I would keep one of these guys and say Adios to Allison. If their play continues to develope I think we could look at trading Zids or Kimmo in a package deal for a top line center. What do you think?

puckwild 12-06-2005 08:36 AM

I would put Sullivan on the top line. He's your most skilled foreward.