HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Connolly ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19435)

HFNHL PIT GM 10-12-2003 11:58 PM

Connolly ?

Is he suspended ? Why ? If not, whats up with his status.

DR

djhn579 10-13-2003 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedReality
Is he suspended ? Why ? If not, whats up with his status.

DR

Injured reserve until free of concussion symtoms for 7 days, then serves his remaining 2 games suspension. With any luck, he will be out half the season, but realistically will be available in a couple weeks.

bernsy74 10-13-2003 02:24 AM

We need Timmy in the lineup ASAP. He will provide an offensive spark given he is not on the fourth line.

imyourhuckleberry 10-13-2003 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernsy74
We need Timmy in the lineup ASAP. He will provide an offensive spark given he is not on the fourth line.

he's a floater, has no offense and should have no spot on this team.

Prospect Prophet 10-13-2003 03:26 AM

We absolutely need him we need more bodies in this lineup no matter who it is because so far the people we have in there aren't getting it done.

Takeo 10-13-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22

That applies to half the roster... :rolleyes:

djhn579 10-13-2003 04:37 AM

If you think Connolly is going to come in and everything is going to change for the better... I need some of what your on... That's got to be some real good stuff!

Connolly will give you more of what we have seen so far. No heart, no intensity, no offense

imyourhuckleberry 10-13-2003 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhn579
If you think Connolly is going to come in and everything is going to change for the better... I need some of what your on... That's got to be some real good stuff!

Connolly will give you more of what we have seen so far. No heart, no intensity, no offense

exactly :handclap:

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-13-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernsy74

Absolutely.

The other thing Connolly does is it allows to Ruff to bench the laziest forward the next game, and to keep doing so. When Ruff was most effective as a coach is when he had this option available to him.

bernsy74 10-14-2003 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22

I couldn't disagree with you any more.

This may damage my credability, ( if I have any ) but think that Connolly is among the top 3 on the team when it comes to raw talent. Granted, you need to extract the talent, but at least it is there.

Kozak72 10-14-2003 08:01 AM

Hes a better option than Botterill.

Buffaloed 10-14-2003 09:10 AM

I believe Connolly was supposed to try skating today. I haven't heard any news if he had symptoms.

Prospect Prophet 10-14-2003 10:08 AM

The Buffalo News said he was symptom free.

Buffaloed 10-21-2003 01:00 PM

He's back on the shelf again

Center Tim Connolly, recovering from a preseason concussion, still hasn't been cleared to practice. He has suffered headaches likely related to Wednesday's four-hour flight to Edmonton. A player must be symptom-free for seven days before returning to the ice.

billsandsabres 10-21-2003 01:54 PM

Quote:

give the kid a break
he got forced into the league before he was ready by moron milbury and he has been in the DOGHOUSE of every coach and fan since the 3rd game he was in buffalo
his first year in buffalo was pretty good, last year was pretty bad, but ya know what, last year pretty bad for just about every sabres player and employee
i'm getting sick of all the connolly bashing

djhn579 10-21-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
give the kid a break
he got forced into the league before he was ready by moron milbury and he has been in the DOGHOUSE of every coach and fan since the 3rd game he was in buffalo
his first year in buffalo was pretty good, last year was pretty bad, but ya know what, last year pretty bad for just about every sabres player and employee
i'm getting sick of all the connolly bashing

:cry:

Ruckus007 10-21-2003 02:56 PM

Didn't that happen to either Afinogenov or Hecht last year too? Nearly ready to come back to practice but symptoms resurfaced during a flight.

Buffaloed 10-21-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Didn't that happen to either Afinogenov or Hecht last year too? Nearly ready to come back to practice but symptoms resurfaced during a flight.

I think it might have been Max. He seemed to suffer a setback anytime he did anything.

As for Connolly, when he finally is cleared to play, the Sabres ought to ask him to do a conditioning stint in Rochester. He'll need to get in game shape. His willingness, or lack of, to be sent down will be a good litmus test to see what this kid's all about. I haven't given up on him yet, but I have my doubts. If he's willing to accept a conditioning stint I'd feel a lot better about him.

billsandsabres 10-21-2003 06:09 PM

Quote:

:cry:

real mature
this isn't a thick-skinned veteran, he's a kid who has been a whipping-boy for 4 years, and i think that has affected his on-ice performance

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 03:48 AM

No doubt. And lo and behold, Rico Fata has suddenly re-emerged. Connolly will be a decent player and may turn into something very good.

djhn579 10-22-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
real mature
this isn't a thick-skinned veteran, he's a kid who has been a whipping-boy for 4 years, and i think that has affected his on-ice performance

At 18, your considered an adult....

At 21, your adult enough to drink....

At 22... you may not be a thick skinned vetran, but you have been around long enough that you should not be in anal-cranial loop back...

Connolly hasn't been a kid in about 4 years. He will never have any guts, no matter how much skill he has. Our best hope is for him to start scoring so we can trade him for a real player.

At 22 many people are graduating from college and taking jobs of considerably more importance than playing hockey. If Connolly still hasn't figured out what it takes to play in the NHL by now, he probably never will...

imyourhuckleberry 10-22-2003 06:31 AM

I agree that connolly is mature enough. he has been playing for how many years now and is in the nhl. he shoulc not be giving the puck away on turnovers as much as he does and must learn to shoot better. he has mental lapses just like biron IMO

Kozak72 10-22-2003 06:43 AM

Looks like Connolly is gonna be out for a while. His noodle is still not right.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...22/1038306.asp

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

At 18, your considered an adult....

At 21, your adult enough to drink....

At 22... you may not be a thick skinned vetran, but you have been around long enough that you should not be in anal-cranial loop back...

Connolly hasn't been a kid in about 4 years. He will never have any guts, no matter how much skill he has. Our best hope is for him to start scoring so we can trade him for a real player.

At 22 many people are graduating from college and taking jobs of considerably more importance than playing hockey. If Connolly still hasn't figured out what it takes to play in the NHL by now, he probably never will...

What were you doing at 22 years old?

Investigate the players who did less than Connolly at 22. It's an awful long list.

Oh, and BTW, Connolly hasn't played one regular season NHL game as a 22 year old.

Buffaloed 10-22-2003 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozak72
Looks like Connolly is gonna be out for a while. His noodle is still not right.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...22/1038306.asp

"I (Ruff) know that when I talk to (Connolly) sometimes I think he doesn't quite seem right. He didn't seem right when he said to me, "It didn't bother me on the flight from Edmonton to Calgary.' And I said, "That's because we took a bus.' "

poor kid :(