HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Give PK-time to Forsberg! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=194448)

BF_Sweden 11-25-2005 11:12 AM

Give PK-time to Forsberg!

I wonder why they never try Forsberg on PK as the penalty killing is so bad? In the 90:s Forsberg played alot on PK with Forsberg and before that with Kamenskij. But after some injuries he didnt play on PK for a while. But now with the new rules and so I think he would be very effective. I remember when Sakic and him scared the other team to play very cautios on the powerplays cause those two guys could score PK-goals alot.

Nuclear 11-25-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BF_Sweden
I wonder why they never try Forsberg on PK as the penalty killing is so bad? In the 90:s Forsberg played alot on PK with Forsberg and before that with Kamenskij. But after some injuries he didnt play on PK for a while. But now with the new rules and so I think he would be very effective. I remember when Sakic and him scared the other team to play very cautios on the powerplays cause those two guys could score PK-goals alot.

They're saving his energy for just offense.

greatwhite101* 11-25-2005 12:36 PM

We do not want Forsberg to PK. We have enough players to do that. This is dumb if our best player will block a shot and get hurt.

Now that I explain all of it. Close this thread!

C-J...* 11-25-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUS
We do not want Forsberg to PK. We have enough players to do that. This is dumb if our best player will block a shot and get hurt.

Now that I explain all of it. Close this thread!

30:th place in PK, I beg to differ.

GoneFullHolmgren 11-25-2005 02:51 PM

you should put your best players on the PK. especially when they are good 2 way players like Forsberg

C-J...* 11-25-2005 03:10 PM

Its every bit as important to NOT concede a goal during PK, that it is to score one during PP.

And with Forsberg on the ice, the chanses to score shorthanded goes through the roof.

GoneFullHolmgren 11-25-2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshollow
Its every bit as important to NOT concede a goal during PK, that it is to score one during PP.

And with Forsberg on the ice, the chanses to score shorthanded goes through the roof.

I am not going to even ackowledge that comment.
jesus :shakehead

C-J...* 11-25-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I am not going to even ackowledge that comment.
jesus :shakehead

You just did Einstein.

greatwhite101* 11-25-2005 04:21 PM

With Rico Stevenson and Kapanen back we do not want Forsberg to play PK. Rest Peter give him anything he needs.

Playing Peter on PK is just stupid. sorry

We played against Bruins who had 30% PP going into the game and played solid on PK. Give it time.

greatwhite101* 11-25-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
you should put your best players on the PK. especially when they are good 2 way players like Forsberg

In playoffs maybe... but not in regular season. I rather loss a regular season game then see Forsberg playing PK. No way in hell he should do it. I am 100% behind Hitch on that. Let other players PK.

C-J...* 11-25-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUS
In playoffs maybe... but not in regular season. I rather loss a regular season game then see Forsberg playing PK. No way in hell he should do it. I am 100% behind Hitch on that. Let other players PK.

Then why play Gagne?

Roger's Pancreas* 11-25-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Then why play Gagne?

Because Gagne's not made of glass.

Seriously though playing PK is alot more physical than playing on the powerplay and you really don't want to see your Franchise player go down while trying to kill off a penalty that Bundy took. Gagne uses his speed rather than fighting off bodies to move the puck out of the zone. He should be paired with a physical player to help dig the puck out of the corner so he doesn't tire too quickly, that way he can still take a few minutes on the PP.

greatwhite101* 11-25-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Then why play Gagne?

Are you 15 years old?

BF_Sweden 11-26-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUS
Are you 15 years old?

This is not a dating forum... ;)

I can buy the argument that we shouldnt risk to injure our best player but when the pk is in 30:th place you may have to risk something. I remember one game against St Loius some years ago when he held the puck in 17 seconds with one man short. He went up and down the ice with the puck and it ended with Pronger beeing sent off for two minutes after slashing Forsberg.

C-J...* 11-26-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUS
Are you 15 years old?

Even if I was, Id obviously be lightyears ahead of you when it came to..

well...

everything.

If you want to state your case or make a point, atleast try to get your opinion through without looking like a ******* idiot.

If not, explain to me how me wanting more icetime for Forsberg, makes me 13 years yonger than I currently am.

If you cant, pretty please with sugar on top, shut the h@ll up.

Brad* 11-27-2005 02:09 AM

Quote:

Then why play Gagne?

A). Gagne is the Flyers' best defensive forward with Primeau out. He's significantly better defensively than Forsberg.

B). He's more durable. Forsberg has benefited from the rule changes, he's not getting ran and mauled as much, but he's still Peter Forsberg, and he's still susceptible to injury. He's far and away the Flyers most important offensive player, so all things considered, it's best to just let other plays PK instead of him.

greatwhite101* 11-27-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

well...

everything.

If you want to state your case or make a point, atleast try to get your opinion through without looking like a ******* idiot.

If not, explain to me how me wanting more icetime for Forsberg, makes me 13 years yonger than I currently am.

Well I did explain... why Flyers PK is horrible and what can happen if Forsberg goes down. I am not sure who is a god damn idiot.. but one of us can not read and comprehend answers. You may want to work on that part. ;)

Here it is... again. Why PK is 30th in the league because Kapanen Rico and Stevenson were out. Stevenson is still injured. Primeau will be out for another month or so.

Why Forsberg is not playing on PK. Well what if he gets hurt? Whats then? He will improve our PK from 30th to lets say 20th and miss 10 games in process. Nice...

greatwhite101* 11-27-2005 10:55 PM

Quote:

well...

everything.

Well I did explain... why Flyers PK is horrible and what can happen if Forsberg goes down. I am not sure who is a god damn idiot.. but one of us can not read and comprehend answers. You may want to work on that part. ;)

Here it is... again. Why PK is 30th in the league because Kapanen Rico and Stevenson were out. Stevenson is still injured. Primeau will be out for another month or so.

Why Forsberg is not playing on PK. Well what if he gets hurt? Whats then? He will improve our PK from 30th to lets say 20th and miss 10 games in process. Nice...
The man is injury prone.. Why risk it?

L-train* 11-27-2005 11:55 PM

looks like an idiot double posted.

DeleteThisAccount 11-28-2005 12:06 AM

Can we please tone down the personal attacks? It's quite ridiculous and adds nothing to the argument.

L-train* 11-28-2005 12:08 AM

Someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

:p:

In all seriousness, I concur with everybody else basically. No PK time for Foppa.

Pantokrator 11-28-2005 05:51 AM

I agree with the original poster. If our PK does not get better, which in fact it may be, then I say try Forsberg on the PK. I don't want to lose his offense, but the PK was so bad, I'd be willing to give up some of his offense for some defensive relief.

Having said that, I fully expect to face a barrage of personal attacks, as I see this thread, for some reason, inspires.

Brad* 11-28-2005 07:00 AM

I fail to see how adding Forsberg to the PK will improve it's success. Peter Forsberg is not a great defensive player. He's an above average defensive player. Most of the players who are currently on the PK are better PK'ers then he is, and it's still struggling. Adding Forsberg to the PK will simply increase the chances of him getting hurt.

The only way it's going to improve is by practice. Hitchcock will have to get a healthy roster, and then slowly but surely chip away at it. He's too smart and too good of a coach not to figure it out. Give it a healthy roster and some time, and I guarantee it will improve. They will not finish the season last on the penalty kill.

greatwhite101* 11-29-2005 09:48 AM

With Primeau out maybe for the rest of the season... Yeah, let Forsberg get some more "ice time" on PK. I mean why not. :dunno:

Brad* 11-29-2005 05:13 PM

No one reads my posts.

When he takes a slapshot to the foot and is out for the season, and the Flyers' penalty kill is just as bad, you'll know why.