HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Lord have mercy on Svatos (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19466)

DarioinDenver 10-13-2003 05:56 AM

Lord have mercy on Svatos

INJURIES MOUNT: Already without forward Peter Worrell (knee) and defenseman Martin Skoula (foot), the Avalanche lost rookie forward Marek Svatos to a shoulder injury Sunday night.

That is bad, very bad.

MileHigh 10-13-2003 06:02 AM

How bad is it?

DarioinDenver 10-13-2003 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footer
How bad is it?

Don't know. The fact it's the shoulder says everything though. If it's anything beyond minor I wouldn't expect to see him for the rest of the year and maybe in the playoffs for Hershey at that.

Jori 10-13-2003 06:33 AM

A shoulder injury? Great :rant:

Just the Avs luck, the will turn into another Klyazmin and wont be able to stay healthy.

Enoch 10-13-2003 06:42 AM

he looked so dang good in game 1 too :(

avs1dacup 10-13-2003 08:01 AM

i guess we'll see what kind of injury it is within the next couple days. if it's anything serious with his shoulder that he had surgery on LAST year, then there's a problem. if it's just a minor tweek and he'll be fine by thursday, great. but i guerss we'll see the diagnosis in the next couple days.

Jori 10-13-2003 08:16 AM

I'm hoping the Avs took him out as a precaution due to his injury history.

It may be wishful thinking, but I think it would be a shame if he misses significant time. I wonder who the Avs recall :dunno:

Av-merican 10-13-2003 08:37 AM

Oops. I was getting all over Granato for only playing Marek for 2 minutes last night. Guess I figured out why. It doesn't excuse the Avs' poor showing though and Granato's failure to adapt to Quenneville's strategy.

BEARSnAVS 10-14-2003 05:02 AM

i think this is when the Avs could of used Aubin or Willsie. The depth in Hershey isn't really deep, o or d.

Jori 10-14-2003 05:12 AM

Nothing new in the local fishwraps today about the status of Svatos.

Av-merican 10-14-2003 06:57 AM

Krestanovich is definitely faster and had a better showing in camp than Charlie Stephens. On the other hand, I liked how well Charlie played when he was called up last year, and he brings more size to the table.

I guess I'd rather see Kresto, since we already sport big bodies in Worrell, McAllister, and Battaglia.

Jori 10-16-2003 03:19 AM

Well Svatos has been placed on the IR. According to the Denver Post, he has a partially dislocated shoulder.

DarioinDenver 10-16-2003 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
Well Svatos has been placed on the IR. According to the Denver Post, he has a partially dislocated shoulder.

My guess is the Avalanche medical staff give him the McAmmond treatment and he doesn't touch the ice until he's 100%. They need to fix that injury the right way for the very last time. He's too great a talent to have out like this.

Skylla 10-20-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
My guess is the Avalanche medical staff give him the McAmmond treatment and he doesn't touch the ice until he's 100%. They need to fix that injury the right way for the very last time. He's too great a talent to have out like this.

His shoulder dislocations are a chronic problem. He decided to skip the year in Hershey and had a terrific show of force in camp. Hopefully, he can overcome the injuries and get on with the game.

Jori 10-22-2003 07:09 AM

Svatos is out until March according to today's (10/22/03) Denver Post.

ABasin 10-22-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
I'm hoping the Avs took him out as a precaution due to his injury history.

It may be wishful thinking, but I think it would be a shame if he misses significant time. I wonder who the Avs recall :dunno:

Unfortunately, the Avs' broadcast team described his surgury as 'major surgury', and he's out for months. Same shoulder he hurt last year.

Av-merican 10-22-2003 12:06 PM

Won't be back until at least March...