HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NY Jets vs. NY Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19479)

L.I.RangerFan 10-13-2003 06:44 AM

NY Jets vs. NY Rangers

In yesterdays Jets game, Herm Edwards held his players accountable for their actions (Abraham) and infused youth into the line up. The main theme of this game was competition amongst his players. They played great and pushed all the veterans into playing better.

The Rangers have to do the same. Right NOW. Kasper has already (reportedly) cleared waivers by being exposed in the waiver draft. Send a message by sending him to Hartford and bring up Tjutin. Put Carter in the pressbox and play Keefe. Send Simon down and bring up Scott. Put one or both of Mironov/Malakov on waivers and play bring up Jakopin. Set an example early even if it means losing one on waivers (which I doubt would happen)

Even though he was benched for actions off the field, Abraham reacted with class and poise yesterday. He took his punishment and cheered his teammates on. See who, of the players benched, reacts the same way. If they pout or go public with outrage, the waive them or exile them ala McLean.

It is early enough in the season to try and send a message without losing alot of ground (If any). But if the message is not sent then this will continue to be a problem all year as the players realize they will play no matter how they played in games.

Accountablility = playing time

LiquidClown 10-13-2003 06:51 AM

It makes sense doesn't it? Will it happen? No.

Sather has way to much pride and can't swallow it. Someone he signed not doing good? NEVER

We've been preaching this one single word, "accountability" for years now and it just never happens.
It won't matter at all who is the GM who is the coach, until Messier leaves (I'm not saying it's his fault by any means but 25 years is long enough, all he's doing is holding this team back) and more importantly until the Dolans give up control. They ruin everything they touch.. Look at the knicks............

It's so tough to watch a team that you love to support be ruined by incompetence.

Bluenote13 10-13-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidClown
It makes sense doesn't it? Will it happen? No.

Sather has way to much pride and can't swallow it. Someone he signed not doing good? NEVER

We've been preaching this one single word, "accountability" for years now and it just never happens.
It won't matter at all who is the GM who is the coach, until Messier leaves (I'm not saying it's his fault by any means but 25 years is long enough, all he's doing is holding this team back) and more importantly until the Dolans give up control. They ruin everything they touch.. Look at the knicks............

It's so tough to watch a team that you love to support be ruined by incompetence.

I think you're way out of line, according to Jimmy Dolan, Sather is doing an admirable job.

Sather = No Playoffs

OldBlueshirt 10-13-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I think you're way out of line, according to Jimmy Dolan, Sather is doing an admirable job.

Sather = No Playoffs

And please remember not to boo at the home opener because, as Slats said last season, it adversely affects the team. :rolleyes: