HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Det-Edm-NY Proposal -- fill in the blank (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19534)

A Good Flying Bird* 10-13-2003 09:28 AM

Det-Edm-NY Proposal -- fill in the blank

Detroit Trades Cujo and a 3rd to the Rangers and a 3rd to Edmonton

Edmonton trades Comrie to Detroit

Rangers trade WHAT to Edmonton.

andora 10-13-2003 09:32 AM

detroit should cough something up to the oilers too, ain't getting off that easy

evman150* 10-13-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsguyone

You expect to get Comrie for Cujo and two 3rds?!

Uhhh....good luck with that.

Bacchus 10-13-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Rangers trade NOTHING to Edmonton, cause Rangers don't need and don't want CuJo!

FacelessButcher 10-13-2003 09:55 AM

these three teams have been chatting a lot I could see a deal in the works

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-13-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

The Wings move Cujo and get back Comrie and you're looking to Rangers to fill in the gaps?

Come on. How's that supposed to work?

The potential that Lindros bounces back and the fact that his contract is up before CBA D-day is worth more to me than Cujo and the 16M he is still due.

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Rangers would not trade a single thing for Curtis Jospeh. If they weren't confident in their current goaltenders, they would have picked him up off waivers for nothing.

Maybe December but no way do they trade or get anyone else now. Please be less of a homer, that deal is terrible for all teams involved other then the Redwings.

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
these three teams have been chatting a lot I could see a deal in the works

I don't recall any chatting done between the Rangers/Wings, Oilers/Wings.

This deal is nothing but a wet dream for a bored Red Wing fan.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-13-2003 10:18 AM

The point IMO is, if the Wings are going to look to the Rangers to provide the player that gets them Comrie, why don't the Rangers and Oilers leave the Wings out of it and make a trade of the WHAT for Comrie. The Rangers could use Comrie more than they could Cujo.

Seachd 10-13-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27

Bruce Garrioch ( :joker: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :joker: ) says that the Rangers and Wings are talking to Edmonton about Comrie, with the Rangers being the frontrunners.

http://www.slam.ca/Slam031012/nhl_news-sun.html

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
Bruce Garrioch ( :joker: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :joker: ) says that the Rangers and Wings are talking to Edmonton about Comrie, with the Rangers being the frontrunners.

http://www.slam.ca/Slam031012/nhl_news-sun.html

Is he the Larry Brooks of canada?

Seachd 10-13-2003 10:53 AM

Quote:

That's probably a pretty decent comparison. He's always full of stuff to say, but it's pretty rare that any of it actually happens.

Vatican Roulette 10-13-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

1,066 posts and you dont know who Bruce Garrioch is?

Maybe HF should hold a class to teach some of these kids some basic skills.

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

1/20 of which are in the Trade board.

Son of Steinbrenner 10-13-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

look he posted them all since semptember 2003 give the "kid" a break

Boomhower 10-13-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

This deal is nothing but a wet dream for a bored Red Wing fan.

:lol: What do you mean you don't recall any chatting? Do you think maybe you weren't privy to the conversations.......or do NHL GM's rarely speak to each other, unless they have you on 3-way calling?

On topic, Detroit has come out and said they don't want a player in return for Joseph. And Since Dom has chopped 2 mill off his base salary, I'm sure the Wings would be willing to swallow at least 2 mill/per year off Joseph's contract if it would help get him out of town.

FacelessButcher 10-13-2003 11:59 AM

Heres a blockbuster one I am sure the real one would be smaller but wanted to fix teams needs in one big swoop I think Edm-Nyr needs the most balance see what u can do(almost think it should not be included)
To Det:
Blackburn*injured*
NYR 6th pick 2004

To NYR:
Joseph
Schneider (hasn't worked out too well is just a waste as a 5th d-man gets Dandenault back in the line-up)
+2million off Joseph

k Detroit gets rid of salary and a problem child, they gain a good goalie for the post-Hasek age, Legace+Blackburn makes for a good future in goal. NYR gets some help for the injured Leetch and a goalie since it seems they are not to confident in Dunham, good two goalie combo Joseph+Dunham(poor Jussi :( ).
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To Det:
Comrie

To Edm:
Zetterburg
4th round pick 2004 (just unproven comparitively speaking sorry Det fans)

Edmonton gets rid of Comrie who they can't sign and a good return in Zetterburg. Detroit loses one of their most promising young guys but gets a no.1 center man.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To NYR:
York (the Yanks want him back pretty bad Lindros is not performing and he played best when paired with him)
Cross (played decent for Edmonton but I would call him a patch fix just is not fast enough for Edmonton I am sure NYR would be happy to have him back)
Horcoff (needed for post Messier era and makes room for Stoll on EDM)
Pisani (young plays solid d moderate offensive upside)
NYR 2nd pick 2004 (got from Leetch trade)
Edm 3rd pick 2004

To EDM:
Lundmark
Malakhov
Barnaby
NYR 1st pick 2004
NYR 4th pick 2004
$1.5million for Malakhov

So NYR gets help for Lindros a stable 6th d-man a good young center+youth+picks , and gives up an aging d-man+1st pick+promising kid+old defesive forward. Edmonton fills out there top 6 while giving up one of there prized posessions and possibly the best Oiler of last year but Lowe is very high on Lundmark and the Vets should help us and first picks are always great ;), also opens up a roster spot for youth.

line-ups after

NYR_____________________________________DET
York-Lindros-Carter||||||||Yzerman-Comrie-Shanahan
Havlac-Nedved-Kovalev||||Whitney-Datsyuk-Hull
LaCouture-Holik-Ruchinsky||Maltby-Draper-McCarty
Simon-Messier-Pisani|||||||Deveraux-Hudler-Holmstrom

De Vries-Poti||||||||||||||Lidstrom-Hatcher
Schneider-Mirinov|||||||||Fischer-Chelios
Cross-Kasparaitis||||||||||Deveraux-Wooley

Joseph||||||||||||||||||||Hasek
Dunham|||||||||||||||||||Legace

EDM
Isbister/Zetterburg-Smyth-Hemsky
Isbister/Zetterburg-Lundmark-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Barnaby
Torres-Stoll-Laraque

Brewer-Malakhov/Semenov
Staios-Smith
Semenov/Malakhov-Bergeron

Salo
Conklin

andora 10-13-2003 12:10 PM

good lord those are awful

FacelessButcher 10-13-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
good lord those are awful

:( its hard working it out with these three teams why don't u take a shot at it Andora?

USC Trojans 10-13-2003 12:21 PM

wow...hold on while I get my PhD to understand that trade.
:dunno:

Adityase 10-13-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Heres a blockbuster ...

I applaud the effort...

but those trades are problematic. I'm a Wings fan, so I'll only speak from their perspective:

Just cause the team wants do give up Cujo doesn't mean it wants to trade it's young stars just to see it happen. The Wings may be wrong, but they're not trading Z, Dats, or Fischer just to get another undersized center. Plus with what Comrie is asking for (whatever it is), Z is also more attractive to Det (just cause we have money...)

Also, no team will be doing the Wings a favor to acquire Schneider. He's not in anyone's doghouse and although he's underused at the 5th spot, the "opportunity" to play Dandenault more is hardly a good thing. Plus he and Whitney are making up for the loss on Fedorov on the power play. I can see him moved, but for substance, not as a throw-in.

FacelessButcher 10-13-2003 12:29 PM

k Sather has interest in Cujo and could use an offensive d-man to help out during Leech's injury is also lacking youth especially in d for the future. Either wants to trade Lindros or get a first line LW to play with him and has displayed moderate interest in moving Barnaby and says he has always like Cross.

Holland wants a good young centerman with size(Comrie is not that) to replace an aging Yzerman but has called Lowe in interest for Comrie. Also wants to move Schneider without looking like an idiot as hes to costly for his ice-time+role and wants to get rid of Joseph since he's a distraction and very costly.

Lowe wants a top 6 forward for Comrie or a truly exceptional prospect. Fans want an offensive d-man or just a really good d-man Smith,Staios, and Brewer(will be better) are all 3-4th d-men we want someone as a 1-2 defense man and Lowe wants them cheap and usually young.

andora 10-13-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

:( its hard working it out with these three teams why don't u take a shot at it Andora?

cujo to the rags for a conditional fifth round pick, with 2 to 4 millions payed..

done..

comrie for zetterberg is just too lateral to make any sense for detroit, and if they are looking to choke down some of cujo's salary in a trade, they don't want a more expensive comrie who is only relatively better then zetterberg...

comrie to the rangers ? doesn't make a whole lot of sense IMO either, unless something around lundmark and purinton really interests lowe..

Oiltalk 10-13-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
look he posted them all since semptember 2003 give the "kid" a break

That's insane :joker: I thought I posted a lot.

Bacchus 10-13-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
cujo to the rags for a conditional fifth round pick, with 2 to 4 millions payed..

done..

No.
Another time: The Rangers don't want CuJo! If they wanted him, they could've picked him up in the waiver draft. The Rangers don't have to get rid of Lindros either, since he's expensive and underachieving, BUT: His contracts ends with the end of this season.
Sather could pay 8 mio for CuJo, but he wouldn't want to pay 8 mio for more than this season.

@ FacelessButcher: I'll try to speak out some Rangers needs. First, it would be great to have Yorkie back! :) And yes, I think, Cross would fit in.
But the Rangers don't have a use for another offensive d-man. Doesn't matter if Leetch is out or not (and he's not out that long). The problem with our defence is, that most of the players can create some offence, but can't play defence. So I guess Sather would've want an strong defensive d-man, not a Scheider-type of player.