HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gamache Put On Waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=195687)

Pred303 11-29-2005 06:35 AM

Gamache Put On Waivers

team announced that gamahce had been placed on waivers, for the purpose of attempting to reassign him to Milwaukee... trotz thought it would be good for gamache personally if he got selected by some team, he said in the paper this morning

PredDave 11-29-2005 11:18 AM

The St. Louis Blues claimed forward Simon Gamache from the Nashville Predators.

see http://tsn.ca/nhl

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-29-2005 11:51 AM

Good for him. The only reason I'm bummed is because he was good for the farm. I just don't see him ever being a regular in the NHL.

Also, if he's sent down, we get first crack at resigning him.

Joe T Choker 11-29-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Good for him. The only reason I'm bummed is because he was good for the farm. I just don't see him ever being a regular in the NHL.

Also, if he's sent down, we get first crack at resigning him.

and St Louis will still have to pay half of his contract

handtrick 11-29-2005 11:55 AM

Here is Upshall's big chance to stick long term in Nashville.......

handtrick 11-29-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
and St Louis will still have to pay half of his contract

You sure about that?

I thought that was only for recalls up........

dulzhok 11-29-2005 12:11 PM

Will be interesting to see what he does.

Some say they hope he does well in St.Louis. I don't. #1) I'd hate to give away a young scoringline player for nothing. #2) Since we play STL 8 times a year, it could cost us some points if he is productive.

Time will tell if this was the right move.

Enoch 11-29-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Will be interesting to see what he does.

Some say they hope he does well in St.Louis. I don't. #1) I'd hate to give away a young scoringline player for nothing. #2) Since we play STL 8 times a year, it could cost us some points if he is productive.

Time will tell if this was the right move.

It was the right move for this team. We had no place for him, we were paying him needlessly. Can he thrive elsewhere? Probably, and the BLues could be it. Really, though, I don't care if he is gone or not.

Gnashville 11-29-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
Here is Upshall's big chance to stick long term in Nashville.......

Looks like Scottie gonna stay this time.
Upshall >>>> Gamache

Joe T Choker 11-29-2005 12:18 PM

*cough* Career AHLer *cough*

DontCallPlayersStuds 11-29-2005 12:34 PM

I mostly agree. I hope for HIS sake he does well somewhere, but I don't think he will.

crossxcheck 11-29-2005 10:46 PM

I wish Gamache the best. He's a class act. And as much as I hate the Blues, I hope he sticks on their NHL roster and does well (just not against us).

muddycreek* 11-30-2005 06:31 PM

Simon...too small really. I'llbet he's not over 5-6 if he's not in his skates. Weights probably 135-155 lbs. Not particularly fast. He MIGHT catch on a two line somehwere and have some sucess. I wish him well. I hope Radulouf aint a "Simon" Q burner and slightly above average AHL and a flop in NHL. At least he's got some size.

Twist and Shout 12-01-2005 09:26 PM

Scored his first tonight, and by all accounts had a great game.

Stars-Preds 12-01-2005 11:22 PM

i kept checking the box score and i just knew he was going to score tonight. Best of luck to him (except against the Preds)

dulzhok 12-07-2005 10:15 AM

Gamache with another goal last night.

Cyclops II* 12-07-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

*cough* Career AHLer *cough*

Well ... Upshall is.

Joe T Choker 12-07-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Well ... Upshall is.

not this year ... he's definitely starting to live up to what he's expected to be ... a gritty in your face 3rd liner with top 6 potential, who can show some offense

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-07-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Well ... Upshall is.

Yeah, maybe he could take scoring lessons from Milan "Hejduk" Michalek, on pace to score a whopping 10 goals this year.

Speaking of guys that belong in the AHL...

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-07-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Well ... Upshall is.

How's Michalek working out, speaking of players that belong in the AHL...

On pace to score a whopping 10 goals this year, and you're trolling other teams' boards?

biscuithead 12-08-2005 07:41 AM

See Trotz's comments in this a.m.'s paper?

Two-for-two: Former Predators forward Simon Gamache has scored a goal in each of his first two games for St. Louis. The Blues are 1-1 in those contests.

"I'm happy for him,'' Trotz said. "I think the situation there is more ideal for him because he's playing a higher role. I could have played him in more offensive situations here, but that would have meant taking a guy like (Paul Kariya, Martin Erat or Steve Sullivan) off one of the top lines, and I don't think the fans or management would be too happy with me.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....512080451/1028

AdmiralPred 12-08-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

not this year ... he's definitely starting to live up to what he's expected to be ... a gritty in your face 3rd liner with top 6 potential, who can show some offense

They drafted him 7th overall for that?

Joe T Choker 12-08-2005 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
They drafted him 7th overall for that?

you don't draft all superstars when you use your draft picks (look at Columbus ... offense, offense, offense no D) ... I prefer the gritty players anyway ... the Upshalls, Hartnells, Halls are the kind of players that help you win the cup, even if they're shut off the scorers sheet

AdmiralPred 12-08-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

you don't draft all superstars when you use your draft picks (look at Columbus ... offense, offense, offense no D) ... I prefer the gritty players anyway ... the Upshalls, Hartnells, Halls are the kind of players that help you win the cup, even if they're shut off the scorers sheet

I won't dispute that at all, the Hall's, Hartnell's, and Upshall's (all the "all's") are at a premium and compliment the scorers provided thay can play good offense at the same time. However, I was refering more to your comment about Upshall being expected to be a third-liner with hopes of reaching the top 6. I guess If you're going to draft a guy with the 7th overall pick that your expectations of the player would be a bit higher than the third line, grit or not.

C-J Carlson 12-08-2005 11:58 AM

Some players coming up from juniors or the minors can jump right onto the first or second line, but most players need to work their way up from the third and fourth lines.