HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lindros to the Leafs Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19596)

MCP 10-13-2003 01:22 PM

Lindros to the Leafs Proposal

We all know that it's inevitable, so why not get it over with.. What would you want from the Leafs?

We'd need to dump some salary to make it work..

How about Reichel & Domi & high pick/prospect?

I'd consider Nolan & ? for Lindros & ? Both are players that are a bad hit away from ending their careers...

Of course I'm assuming that you'd be willing to move the Big E...

Flame away..

Son of Steinbrenner 10-13-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP
We all know that it's inevitable, so why not get it over with.. What would you want from the Leafs?

I'd consider Nolan & ? for Lindros & ? Both are players that are a bad hit away from ending their careers...

Flame away..

willing to move lindros but not for the leafs garbage. you have to remember this is the last year of the lindros contract. with the lockout the lindros contract is an asset for a team.

MCP 10-13-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
willing to move lindros but not for the leafs garbage. you have to remember this is the last year of the lindros contract. with the lockout the lindros contract is an asset for a team.

You consider Owen Nolan garbage???

Bacchus 10-13-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP
You consider Owen Nolan garbage???

Guess he considered Reichel & Domi garbage...

I'd love to see Nolan in broadway-blue but we really really have enough right wingers...

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP

Flame away..

We're not interested. Specially if you think you'll dump salary on us.

#37-#93-#27* 10-13-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz
Guess he considered Reichel & Domi garbage...

I'd love to see Nolan in broadway-blue but we really really have enough right wingers...

Owen Nolan has a fractured vertebrate and a herniated disc that will require season ending and possibly career ending surgery one day. He's also getting paid the same amount Lindros is but for 3 more years. BIG no thanks.

Bacchus 10-13-2003 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Owen Nolan has a fractured vertebrate and a herniated disc that will require season ending and possibly career ending surgery one day. He's also getting paid the same amount Lindros is but for 3 more years. BIG no thanks.

Well, I didn't say he'd fill any needs. I just said that I'd love to see him in a Rangers-dress.
But yes, trading for him wouldn't make any sense. Maybe I should have pointed this out more clearly. ;)

Dorthmall 10-13-2003 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapa999
I would take Colaiacovo and Steen for Lindros

Hehe, and throw in Kaberle and Antropov too.

MCP 10-13-2003 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorthmall
Hehe, and throw in Kaberle and Antropov too.

Sigh.. Ok, we'll just sign him as a UFA.. In the meantime, enjoy Holik and Kasper...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-14-2003 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP

Flame away..

Neither Reichel nor Domi address any need the Rangers have right now. And the possibility that Lindros has bounce back season is worth more to me than both of those players.

#37-#93-#27* 10-14-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP
Sigh.. Ok, we'll just sign him as a UFA.. In the meantime, enjoy Holik and Kasper...

Enjoy Lindros when you get him I'm sure you won't.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-14-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP

You'll show us.

Bure9* 10-14-2003 07:58 AM

Forget Nolan, Reichel, and Domi. Just give us a bag of pucks and a roll of hockey tape for Lindros.

Barnaby 10-14-2003 08:35 AM

Any chance the Leafs would trade Carlo?

MCP 10-14-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
You'll show us.

Hey, just trying to see what it would take. Eric doesn't have too much trade value, and he wants to play for the Leafs. What would be a fair deal in your mind?

Son of Steinbrenner 10-14-2003 04:42 PM

Mccabe and tucker

lindros and poti.

#37-#93-#27* 10-14-2003 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP
Hey, just trying to see what it would take. Eric doesn't have too much trade value, and he wants to play for the Leafs. What would be a fair deal in your mind?

I would rather let him walk via FA, any trade we make involving him would require us to take back some garbage contracts. We probably wouldn't be getting anything of value anyway just waste of space players blocking our youngsters. Personally I'd rather trade him for value picks.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-14-2003 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCP

I think it would take a lot. McCabe and a good prospect maybe.

Whether or not he wants to play for the Leafs is irrelevant when it comes to proposing trades. And really it makes little sense for the Rangers to dump Lindros for nothing. The possibility that he bounces back is worth more to me than what you would probably offer (certainly more than Reichel and Domi).

Dorthmall 10-14-2003 06:47 PM

Maybe its just me, but I don't mind taking back some useless guys if it means getting someone back thats young and good.

Maybe Lindros for Colaiacovo and Reichel?

Barnaby 10-14-2003 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorthmall
Maybe its just me, but I don't mind taking back some useless guys if it means getting someone back thats young and good.

Maybe Lindros for Colaiacovo and Reichel?

I like that.