HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Ottawa, what a bunch of...... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=197221)

Reaper45 12-03-2005 12:56 AM

Ottawa, what a bunch of......

Just following their posters trend in starting pointless threads.

Don Draper 12-03-2005 12:59 AM

skilled and talented players?

Roy G Biv* 12-03-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Just following their posters trend in starting pointless threads.

I'm sure your mods will appreciate it

Tap on the Ankle 12-03-2005 01:16 AM

There is only one thing that can prevent this thread from hitting rock bottom, and that, my friends, is Mr. Happy:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8...happyli4ek.jpg

Reaper45 12-03-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamboner
I'm sure your mods will appreciate it

Ha and your mods will love yours as well, which by the way, was started first.

Sens Rule 12-03-2005 01:34 AM

I enjoyed the game tonight. If only the 2 teams played again this year. All the whining from both teams boards is too bad because this was an excellent game, the kind of game I liked to watch, not because of the fights but because of the passion. This was a playoff game, both teams wanted it really bad and there were tons of end to end rushes and lots of scoring chances, for the Kings too even though they only got one because of the stellar goaltending by Hasek.

:bow: to the Kings a very exciting and good team. I like your team you guys have skill and balls. Good luck I'd like to meet you again in the finals.

Tbagger 12-03-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.M. Feltcher

skilled and talented players?

Nice nic, I thought no vulgur names were allowed here.

Tbagger 12-03-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
There is only one thing that can prevent this thread from hitting rock bottom, and that, my friends, is Mr. Happy:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8...happyli4ek.jpg

Go away.

Thanks.

thinkwild 12-03-2005 01:52 AM

Yeah really, it was a great game, one many of us were worried was legislated out of the new NHL. In your face hockey, nothing out of the ordinary worth being alarmist about. But hey, a little hatred is always good for a great rivalry. I dont know about Kings fans, but I think lots of Sens fans are starting to enjoy it.

So, cheers to the hatred. :cheers: It would help make a great Cup final. Kings do look like a good and exciting team.

Tbagger 12-03-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkwild
Yeah really, it was a great game, one many of us were worried was legislated out of the new NHL. In your face hockey, nothing out of the ordinary worth being alarmist about. But hey, a little hatred is always good for a great rivalry. I dont know about Kings fans, but I think lots of Sens fans are starting to enjoy it.

So, cheers to the hatred. :cheers: It would help make a great Cup final. Kings do like a good and exciting team.

That was actually a decent post except for one part? Everyone here knows that won't happen unless Satan (sup Mirolsav?) gets chili.

Chartrand 12-03-2005 03:12 AM

It is probably best to just move on to the next game.

If you're having a hard time with that, I'm sure HF has an ignore feature.

SopelFan* 12-03-2005 03:17 AM

As many will soon learn, Kings fans don't allow outside posters on their board. :sarcasm: :p:

Mindcircus 12-03-2005 03:42 AM

I'm happy the Kings didn't back down from the Sens tonight. With all the crap being pulled by both teams, but mostly by the Sens, i'm glad everyone got out with their heads still square on their shoulders. It could have gotten really ugly.

Oh and a ******* you goes out to the gutless pig known as Brian Murray.

Jim Fox is my hero!

Ziggy Stardust 12-03-2005 03:44 AM

I'm actually happy to see some Kings show they have a set of bawls. I wasn't expecting much out of them tonight, but the one positive I hope this team can take away from this losing streak, and this loss in particular, is that they stood up for each other as a team, and I hope this brings them closer to one another and fires them up for tomorrow night.

Most Kings fans have to understand that this type of losing streak was bound to happen at some point of the season, it always happens, even to the best of teams. I took satisfaction in seeing the Kings taking the fight to the Sens, and didn't lay down with their tails between their legs.

Who cares if other teams or fans think the Kings have a new rep for being a chippy team. Better than thinking of them as a p*ssy team.

Osprey 12-03-2005 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SopelFan
As many will soon learn, Kings fans don't allow outside posters on their board. :sarcasm: :p:

Most boards don't appreciate outsiders coming and arguing for the sake of argument; this board is no different. Just as with every board at hfboards, everyone is more than welcome here, but they must be respectful of the fact that they're guests. If you were invited into someone's home, only to repeatedly argue with them that the faith that they follow is wrong, it'd be disrespectful and you'd likely be thrown out. It's not much different on any sports board, including this one and yours. If you would've been more respectful and diplomatic when you visited this board a couple of weeks ago, you would've been greeted a lot better. I'd expect no less when visiting your board.

Maynard 12-03-2005 04:28 AM

You can always count on CBGB to embarrass Kings fans and make all so-cal hockey fans look stupid wherever he posts.

kingbrath 12-03-2005 04:32 AM

I like to think that the Kings Boards are one of the best hockey talking boards in HF. Yet I totally agree withh Reaps! Sure we have lost 3 in a row,,,,, whatever! WE KNOW OUR RECORD! we sure as **** dont wanna hear how much u hate Avery, how much our PP sucks our any other problem ANYONE has with the KIngs. WE FOLLOW THEM WHOLE HEARTEDLEY! Im sorry Im drunk, venting, and goin o bed! :kings

SensGod 12-03-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
I'm happy the Kings didn't back down from the Sens tonight. With all the crap being pulled by both teams, but mostly by the Sens, i'm glad everyone got out with their heads still square on their shoulders. It could have gotten really ugly.

Oh and a ******* you goes out to the gutless pig known as Brian Murray.

Jim Fox is my hero!

I"m not trying to start anything here...so bare with me.

Also...I'm a hockey fan first...then I'm a Sens fan second. So I'm trying to take the homer hat off here and telling ya how I saw last night's game.

1) I've never seen Ottawa come out of the gate in a hockey game in recent history and start playing a "goon" or "hard hitting" game. They are a skilled, fast team that plays to their strengths...which is taking advantage of their skill and team speed. For the record...I'm not saying that LA tried to do that last night.

2) In the last few years, I've only seen Ottawa get into these types of "slug fest" games about 3 times. One against Toronto, Philadelphia and most recently last night against LA. Two of these 3 were with Jacques Martin behind the bench.

The Sens have been a "skill team" for about 5 or 6 years now. They were always being labelled as being "soft". But...when push comes to shove...they'll step up when they are being physically threatened by a team that thinks that the "we'll push you around" tactic will work against them.

Now...the way I saw it last night was as follows.

LA came out hitting last night, and escalated the physical nature of the game.

Ottawa matched the physical nature of the game.

LA then upped the ante a little more with starting to run the goalies, and Avery starting his "ways" and playing on the dirty side of hockey.

Ottawa matched this and started to play a little dirty as well.

So on and so on....until it culminated and Ottawa had enough of LA trying to raise the stakes in the game and decided to go "all in" and finish it off.

Last nights game followed the same formula I've seen a few times in the past now. It's almost a script to be followed. I've titled it:

"Fine...you want to play that type of game...we'll finish what you started"

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that the Kings asked for it by trying to physically intimidate and get under their skin last night. And it came back and bit them. The got what they were asking for. They gambled hoping that the Sens would back off and turtle...but they stood up for themselves and ended up coming out the dirtier team because of it.

I'm a little dissapointed in the Sens...they should have shown a little more restraint...but at the same time they stooped to the level of the opposition and maybe dug a few inches deeper to prove a point to the rest of the league that they can play dirty with the best of them.

Now...one last thing. What Chara did to Gleason...I'm not happy about it of course. What Neil did was inexcusible. Did Avery deserve getting jumped by McGrattan...HELL YEAH! But I firmly believe (based on history) that if the Sens weren't provoked into playing a "goon it up" kind of game these things wouldn't have happend.

Guess the moral of the story is:

"Stick to playing hockey...you've got your best chance against the Sens that way."

The 4 times the Sens have lost...the other team came after them with speed and skill. Take that to heart.

Ask and ye shall receive

The King of Town 12-03-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbagger
Nice nic, I thought no vulgur names were allowed here.

what does that make a "teabagger" then?

hbk 12-03-2005 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod

Also...I'm a hockey fan first...then I'm a Sens fan second. So I'm trying to take the homer hat off here and telling ya how I saw last night's game.

1) I've never seen Ottawa come out of the gate in a hockey game in recent history and start playing a "goon" or "hard hitting" game. They are a skilled, fast team that plays to their strengths...which is taking advantage of their skill and team speed. For the record...I'm not saying that LA tried to do that last night.

2) In the last few years, I've only seen Ottawa get into these types of "slug fest" games about 3 times. One against Toronto, Philadelphia and most recently last night against LA. Two of these 3 were with Jacques Martin behind the bench.

The Sens have been a "skill team" for about 5 or 6 years now. They were always being labelled as being "soft". But...when push comes to shove...they'll step up when they are being physically threatened by a team that thinks that the "we'll push you around" tactic will work against them.

LA then upped the ante a little more with starting to run the goalies, and Avery starting his "ways" and playing on the dirty side of hockey.

So on and so on....until it culminated and Ottawa had enough of LA trying to raise the stakes in the game and decided to go "all in" and finish it off.

Last nights game followed the same formula I've seen a few times in the past now. It's almost a script to be followed. I've titled it:

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that the Kings asked for it by trying to physically intimidate and get under their skin last night. And it came back and bit them. The got what they were asking for. They gambled hoping that the Sens would back off and turtle...but they stood up for themselves and ended up coming out the dirtier team because of it.

I'm a little dissapointed in the Sens...they should have shown a little more restraint...but at the same time they stooped to the level of the opposition and maybe dug a few inches deeper to prove a point to the rest of the league that they can play dirty with the best of them.

Now...one last thing. What Chara did to Gleason...I'm not happy about it of course. What Neil did was inexcusible. Did Avery deserve getting jumped by McGrattan...HELL YEAH! But I firmly believe (based on history) that if the Sens weren't provoked into playing a "goon it up" kind of game these things wouldn't have happend.

"Stick to playing hockey...you've got your best chance against the Sens that way."

The 4 times the Sens have lost...the other team came after them with speed and skill. Take that to heart.

Ask and ye shall receive

insightful post. Neither Ottawa or L.A. are "my" team and I'm more reading these boards to find out what the hubbubb is all about.

One question though. Do you think it is the physical domination in the playoffs of Ottawa really is the root of this. Ottawa is very sensitive about being physically manhandled/intimidated and they have revamped their roster and their team psyche to not let this happen again. This leads to their new weakness which is speed and skill; however, Ottawa is pretty good in that department as well. As much as I hate to say it, this game is going to make Ottawa a stronger team mentally for the playoffs where I expect them to be a favorite (barring a complete meltdown by Hasek).

Old Hickory 12-03-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Ask and ye shall receive

Your entire post and theory is flawed.

Avery did not run Hasek. He poked a loose puck. Hasek left his crease, which is against the rules, and Avery responded

You said yourself your team played dirty
Quote:

I will ask you the same question I asked 2 other Ottawa fans who seemingly have answers for everything but choose to skate around and not answer.

What cheap shots did the Kings take?

Neil ran Brown and received a major.
Kelly squared off and dropped his gloves prior to Cowan dropping his.

Chara went after a guy almost a foot smaller and 10 pounds lighter.

The Kings played a clean physical game. Ottawa did not. If you check the box score and follow the penality logs it is spelled out very clearly. (Minus the phantom call on Conroy when Heatly pushed him into Hasek)

The real moral of the story is: Get your facts straight and take your homer factless diatribes back to your teams board where they belong. If you are indeed not trying to start anything, you have no business making such a ridiculous post.

Face Wash 12-03-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Your entire post and theory is flawed.

Avery did not run Hasek. He poked a loose puck. Hasek left his crease, which is against the rules, and Avery responded.

I will ask you the same question I asked 2 other Ottawa fans who seemingly have answers for everything but choose to skate around and not answer.

Neil ran Brown and received a major.
Kelly squared off and dropped his gloves prior to Cowan dropping his.

Chara went after a guy almost a foot smaller and 10 pounds lighter.

The Kings played a clean physical game. Ottawa did not. If you check the box score and follow the penality logs it is spelled out very clearly. (Minus the phantom call on Conroy when Heatly pushed him into Hasek)

The real moral of the story is: Get your facts straight and take your homer factless diatribes back to your teams board where they belong.

Anyone objective and non-emotional about the situation with no bias against anyone would have to see it the same way KJ does. Quite frankly, Ottawa should have had to kill more penalties than they did (not that it would have mattered of course, the Kings wouldn't have scored on them anyway).

I still never understand in a case like McGrattan v. Avery how Avery should get a "minor" penalty AT ALL. The league actually encourages turtling in lieu of defending yourself for being mugged by a guy twice your size. I guess the only way Avery was going to avoid a penalty was to let the guy kill him and use reinforced steel-plated machine head screws to keep his jersey on. And even then.... that jersey was coming off no matter what and the refs should have seen that.

The Kings didn't even have an "Enforcer" at the game. Cowan is as much of an enforcer as Lappy was for us. In fact AM has been quoted a couple of times recently as saying "our PP has to become our enforcer since we're without one." Like I said, the Kings don't have an enforcer. :D

The league needs to show some courage... not only do they need to fine and suspend Chara, they need to fine Brian Murray for sending him out there and lining him up as a Forward... They also need to send Hasek a "Diving letter". No goalie in the history of the sport dives and flops around more than Hasek. He's a great goalie, he doesn't need to embellish things to get interference calls. He also needs to stay in his net and not get so reactionary... I guess he found it insulting that a player would even think about going after a rebound against him, with his status and all..

Anyway, good post John.

SensGod 12-03-2005 11:08 AM

I'll just ask you one question kingsjohn,

If the Sens were not provoked last night...explain to me why the game ended up the way it did?

Why on earth would the most talented team in the NHL which is the highest scoring with the lowest goals against resort to Bush League tactics if the opposition wasn't doing the same?

I'll let you noodle on that one...

Face Wash 12-03-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

If the Sens were not provoked last night...explain to me why the game ended up the way it did?

Why on earth would the most talented team in the NHL which is the highest scoring with the lowest goals against resort to Bush League tactics if the opposition wasn't doing the same?

OK, noodle on this... Why did Brian Murray dress Neil and McGrattan? Was it their high level of skill? Must have been, because they would never resort to these tactics. :sarcasm:

Old Hickory 12-03-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

I'll take you asking me a question as you being unable to answer this question as well

I will have to speculate to answer your question.
Maybe Ottawa was frustrated from not being able to beat the Kings the last few years.
Maybe Bryan Murray and his lisp are everything Jim Fox says they are.
Maybe your team collectively had bad dreams the night before about being Barney Rubble and not being able trick Fred Flinstone out of his Cocoa Pebbles.
Maybe your team didn't save money on their care insurance by switching to Geico.

At least I answered your question. Mine was a simple question that can be answered with facts. Even though yours wasn't. I answered it.

I challenge any Sens fan before making another post in this thread. To answer this question