HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   **OFFICIAL** GDT 12/3 - Kings @ Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=197494)

LuckyLUC20 12-03-2005 02:21 PM

**OFFICIAL** GDT 12/3 - Kings @ Canadiens
 
Game Time: 4:00 PM PST | 7:00 PM EST
Location: Bell Centre | Montreal, QC
TV Broadcast: Fox Sports Net | RDS
Radio Broadcast: KSPN AM 710
Online broadcast: Kings Webcast | NHL Radio


  • Kings' color analyst Jim Fox made some on-air remarks against Senators' coach Bryan Murray after Zdeno Chara instigated a fight against defenseman Tim Gleason. His comments were: "Bryan, I hope you put your feet on the ice one day, because you are unprofessional behind the bench. You yell at players. You send players out. And right now you should be less $10,000 because of that. . " Afterwards, cameras caught Murray confronting Fox.
  • Tonight's game will most likely be Luc Robitaille's final game in his hometown of Montreal. He was a healthy scratch Friday night versus the Senators.
  • Goalie Mathieu Garon will face his former team for the first time since being traded to Los Angeles.
  • The Canadiens are 45-8-11 all-time at home versus the Kings.
  • Jeremy Roenick sat out Friday night versus the Senators due to the flu. He may be a game-time decision for tonight.
  • Click Here for the radio schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here for the television schedule of the LA Kings.
  • Click Here For the Kings roster.


Quotable:

"To play the game and go out there and have to stand up and take it is a different thing than sending people out and doing that type of thing." - Jim Fox

"We both have reputations. We know [Bryan] sends players out like that because he has a reputation as a tough coach. So, he's sitting up there on his lofty perch, saying all this stuff about me. The problem is, if you're up there, you can't have it both ways. You don't preach one thing and then go out and do something else." - Andy Murray

Who instigated the fights? The Chara fight, Bryan's going to lose 10,000 bucks and Chara is going to be suspended. For what? And McGrattan goes out and fights Avery - Sean Avery played hard tonight. Did he chop anybody? Did he do anything dirty? I mean, he had a couple of solid hits." - Andy Murray

Injury Update:
  • No updates at this time.

Previous Meeting(s) this year:
  • N/A

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mparison01.jpg

(from NHL.com)

**2005-06 Regular Season Stats**

Leading Scorers:

Forwards:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8459648.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8459442.jpg

Demitra, LA - 36 points (14 G, 22 A, +15)
Koivu, MTL - 26 points (8 G, 18 A, +2)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...orts/bar01.jpg

Defensemen:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8468598.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8467496.jpg

Visnovsky, LA - 26 points (8 G, 18 A, +12)
Markov, MTL - 13 points (3 G, 10 A, +3)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...orts/bar02.jpg

Probable Starters:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8464999.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ts/8460535.jpg

Garon, LA - 15 GP | Record: 8-5-0 | GAA: 2.97
Theodore, MTL - 22 GP | Record: 11-5-0 | GAA: 3.02

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...stat01copy.jpg


GAA:
LA - 3.04 (13th in NHL)
MTL - 3.04 (14th in NHL)

Avg. Goals:
LA - 3.52 (5th in NHL)
MTL - 2.81 (19th in NHL)

Power Play %:
LA - 15.1 (22nd in NHL)
MTL - 18.2 (12th in NHL)

Penalty Kill %:
LA - 82.3 (16th in NHL)
MTL - 80.3 (23rd in NHL)


Code:

Pacific Division Standings:
1. Dallas Stars (17-7-1) 35 pts
2. Los Angeles Kings (16-10-1) 33 pts
3. Phoenix Coyotes (13-12-2) 28 pts
4. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (11-11-4) 26 pts
5. San Jose Sharks (9-12-4) 22 pts

Code:

Western Conference Standings:
*1. Detroit Red Wings (18-7-2) 38 pts 
*2. Dallas Stars (17-7-1) 35 pts
*3. Vancouver Canucks (16-9-2) 34 pts
4. Nashville Predators (16-4-3) 35 pts
5. Los Angeles Kings (16-10-1) 33 pts
6. Calgary Flames (15-9-3) 33 pts
7. Colorado Avalanche (14-9-3) 31 pts
8. Edmonton Oilers (15-11-1) 31 pts
-------------------------------------
9. Phoenix Coyotes (13-12-2) 28 pts
10. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (11-11-4) 26 pts
11. Minnesota Wild (10-11-3) 23 pts
12. San Jose Sharks (9-12-4) 22 pts
13. Chicago Blackhawks (10-14-1) 21 pts
14. Columbus Blue Jackets (7-19-0) 14 pts
15. St. Louis Blues (5-15-3) 13 pts

* - Division Leaders


Key/Division Games Tonight:
San Jose Sharks @ Toronto Maple Leafs 4:00 PM PST | 7:00 PM EST
Atlanta Thrashers @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks 7:30 PM PST | 10:30 PM EST

**(some images courtesy of NHL.com, lakings.com, gettyimages.com and ESPN.com)**

Reaper45 12-03-2005 02:29 PM

Hopefully Souray is a healthy scratch because he's been dealt to the Kings. Well I can dream right?

We NEED a win here.

NewBlood 12-03-2005 02:33 PM

I'd trade Souray to LA for his wife! She'd fit perfectly in Youppi's uniform!

Ziggy Stardust 12-03-2005 02:44 PM

Souray's ex-wife, Angelica Bridges
http://hem.passagen.se/demonskin/q/g...Bridges_51.jpg

and Youppi
http://www.chfans.com/photos/joueurch/youppi/youppi.jpg

two out of three* 12-03-2005 03:10 PM

Go Kings Go! Go Kings Go!

Hopefully Andy Murray will check the boys' sticks tonight.

jfont 12-03-2005 03:43 PM

instead of being tired, i hope the kings come out feeling like their best friend ran away with their wives and such.

if they don't show up and be mad (but play smart) after last nite, then their best friends should be given their wives and girlfriends... :sarcasm:

Hollywood 12-03-2005 04:16 PM

Time has arrived for Andy to rethink who is our number 1 goaltender. It isn't Labarberra! Labarberra is a good goaltender and his size helps but he has zero lateral movement. When he needs to go across the crease he looks uncomfortable. conversely, If you look at garon he can handle the cross crease action but lacks some size when compared to Labarberra. However, Garon makes up for it in solid positioning and pure goaltending ability. I hope Garon gets 75-80% of the games the rest of the way in...

Hackett 12-03-2005 04:30 PM

Habs will allowm 2 PPG like they do to everyone else each game... so you wont be 22nd on the PP anymore

with all the firepower missing... you guys should have an easy night

You will only have your own team to blame for anything less than 2 points tonight

habs look listless and are experiencing a big blow from the injury bug of which you all know all to well from recent years.

Theodore sucks

3-1 Kings

swinginutter* 12-03-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Time has arrived for Andy to rethink who is our number 1 goaltender. It isn't Labarberra! Labarberra is a good goaltender and his size helps but he has zero lateral movement. When he needs to go across the crease he looks uncomfortable. conversely, If you look at garon he can handle the cross crease action but lacks some size when compared to Labarberra. However, Garon makes up for it in solid positioning and pure goaltending ability. I hope Garon gets 75-80% of the games the rest of the way in...

I think Labs is cold and that's it. The first goal was just awful, especially with the size he has, but like Garon or any other goaltender in this league will tell you......the more you play, the more confidence you start to get. This will be see-saw all year as far as consistency goes.

King'sPawn 12-03-2005 04:33 PM

Things I want to see today:
- An effective powerplay. I don't expect a goal, but I expect chances and shots.
- A goal from Tambellini, just because
- A goal from Robitaille for his family
- A win for the Kings, particularly a shutout from Garon
- A goal from Avery, just because there would be no chance of hearing more, louder boos resounding in ANY arena.
- Inspired play for 60 minutes. Kings have been playing 20 minute games for the past few games.

Hackett 12-03-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Things I want to see today:
- An effective powerplay. I don't expect a goal, but I expect chances and shots. - A goal from Tambellini, just because
- A goal from Robitaille for his family
- A win for the Kings, particularly a shutout from Garon
- A goal from Avery, just because there would be no chance of hearing more, louder boos resounding in ANY arena.
- Inspired play for 60 minutes. Kings have been playing 20 minute games for the past few games.


you obviously haven't seen the habs PK lately... its not hard.... pass down low and shoot high glove side on Theodore :shakehead

I'm not kidding.... the habs PK has gone downhill the last couple weeks and 9/10 times, they are alowwing 2 power play goals per game

King'sPawn 12-03-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett
you obviously haven't seen the habs PK lately... its not hard.... pass down low and shoot high glove side on Theodore :shakehead

I'm not kidding.... the habs PK has gone downhill the last couple weeks and 9/10 times, they are alowwing 2 power play goals per game

You obviously haven't seen the Kings PP lately. I swear if a King ever parks himself in front of the net and a rebound comes to him, he'll pass it back to the point.

Hackett 12-03-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
You obviously haven't seen the Kings PP lately. I swear if a King ever parks himself in front of the net and a rebound comes to him, he'll pass it back to the point.

dont worry about it... the 2 points are there... get em quick and put us out of our misery...

I cant wait for the week off after this game

-_- 12-03-2005 04:48 PM

What should be LA's line up tonight ???

(for habs forum GDT)

Goallum 12-03-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -_-
What should be LA's line up tonight ???

(for habs forum GDT)

It's tough to say, since we don't know who will sit to free up a spot for Luc, and we don't know if JR will go, and if so, who sits to free up a spot for him.

Any of Kostopulos, Giuliano and Brown may be sitting.

Also, you never know if AM decides to put in Dempsey again instead of Weaver.

One thing is for sure, Garon in the net.

Mindcircus 12-03-2005 04:56 PM

...
 
I'm looking to see an angry Kings team getting a convincing win tonight. Go Kings!

kingsfan25 12-03-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett
dont worry about it... the 2 points are there... get em quick and put us out of our misery...

I cant wait for the week off after this game

Nothing I'd like more. But take it easy on your team...save some bashing for the res tof us.

-_- 12-03-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingFan24
It's tough to say, since we don't know who will sit to free up a spot for Luc, and we don't know if JR will go, and if so, who sits to free up a spot for him.

Any of Kostopulos, Giuliano and Brown may be sitting.

Also, you never know if AM decides to put in Dempsey again instead of Weaver.

One thing is for sure, Garon in the net.

might be the reason why i didn't find any informations about LA's line up on the net... :D

thanks for your help

Rayne* 12-03-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett
dont worry about it... the 2 points are there... get em quick and put us out of our misery...

I cant wait for the week off after this game

Eeeesh, talk about losing all faith in one's team. Regardless, good luck tonight, Kings nation.

Reaper45 12-03-2005 06:01 PM

Here we go boys.

riznat 12-03-2005 06:05 PM

woop woop, im ready.

Kings killed off their slump-demon last game, and are no ready to be the team they were in october :).

+2 for the kings

David A. Rainer 12-03-2005 06:14 PM

Does Jim Fox apologize in the pre-game for his comments yesterday?

While I love Foxy for showing emotion and fight, as a broadcast commentator, that is not something he should have done on the air (glad that he did though because it has created great smack talk). I think there might be a little soemthing about it tonight.

Edit - oops! For some reason, I thought the game was on at 5PM, not 4PM. Was anything said?

Reaper45 12-03-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Does Jim Fox apologize in the pre-game for his comments yesterday?

While I love Foxy for showing emotion and fight, as a broadcast commentator, that is not something he should have done on the air (glad that he did though because it has created great smack talk). I think there might be a little soemthing about it tonight.

Edit - oops! For some reason, I thought the game was on at 5PM, not 4PM. Was anything said?

Not a word.

Chazz Reinhold 12-03-2005 06:36 PM

Pretty quiet in here.

kingsfan25 12-03-2005 06:41 PM

Look at that...Pavol Demitra trying to pull a Marek Malik...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.