HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bringing back Ragnarsson? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=198217)

easton122 12-05-2005 07:12 PM

Bringing back Ragnarsson?

First off, when can we do it?

Second off, please bring in another able body.

And does anybody thing this is an actual possibility?

HoverCarle* 12-05-2005 07:19 PM

id much rather Ragnarson then therien. and with pitkanen and seidenberg out now we really need some help on d

GKJ 12-05-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
And does anybody thing this is an actual possibility?

No, because in the CBA it says you must be signed by December 1.

Ragnarsson is not coming back

jb** 12-05-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

we were talking about this in another thread and don't think that is the case as he is an UFA. if you have a link that says this would love to view it . If is the case it wuld end the wishfullness of all Flyers fans hoping he comes back.

Art Vandelay 12-05-2005 07:40 PM

Quote:

Only applies to RFA's

Quote:

December 1 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agents
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/critical_dates072205.html
Though i seriously doubt Ragnarsson will be coming back to the Flyers/NHL.

Sniperz25 12-05-2005 07:44 PM

Isn't he playing in Europe?

If so he may have to wait until that season is over.

swflyers8* 12-05-2005 07:52 PM

He's playing for Almtuna...

have a look

Roger's Pancreas* 12-05-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
He's playing for Almtuna...

have a look

Since he owns it I don't think he should be allowed to play. He should be suspended without pay.

Art Vandelay 12-05-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Since he owns it I don't think he should be allowed to play. He should be suspended without pay.

Owns it?

Anyway in this interview: http://www.almtuna-is.com/default.asp?visa=nyhetsida&nyhet=939
he (Ragnarsson) gets the question: Which is the best player you played against/with?
Against: Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky.
With: Keith Primeau :eek: "A great leader on and off the ice."

Steve L* 12-05-2005 08:03 PM

Doesnt he have to go through waivers if hes signed from Europe?

easton122 12-05-2005 08:20 PM

He still had a year left on his contract, no?

easton122 12-05-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Well here is a blip from an article posted on December 2nd on TSN.

Quote:

- Vladimir Orszagh could return to the NHL soon, according to his agent. The Tennessean reports that the Predators are one of the teams that have expressed interest in Orszagh, who has 12 points in 12 games in the Swedish Elite League this year.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=145403&hubname=

If he is allowed to sign after December 1st then so should Rags.

GKJ 12-05-2005 08:37 PM

oh...well i'm wrong.

That said we should sign him. However, if he wanted to play here he would already be here. The issue would be how fast he adpts to the new NHL, because in Europe, they don't have a zero-tolerance policy.

jb** 12-05-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

oh...well i'm wrong.

That said we should sign him. However, if he wanted to play here he would already be here. The issue would be how fast he adpts to the new NHL, because in Europe, they don't have a zero-tolerance policy.

a solid player like him would have no problem adapting IMO. Remember when we signed Frosberg Rags said the door was open for him ot return if eh wanted.

easton122 12-05-2005 10:13 PM

It would be awesome if we got him. More likely than not we'll be rotating injured defensemen in and out of the lineup for the rest of the season. A healthy D of

Pitkanen - Rathje
Hatcher - Johnsson
Ragnarsson - Desjardins
Therien - Seidenberg

Brad* 12-05-2005 10:16 PM

It would be great to have him back, especially now.

goodrev 12-05-2005 11:08 PM

you have to remember the key factor in this.... he has to WANT to come back and play in the NHL... something i am not entirely sure of

stanley 12-05-2005 11:26 PM

Pitkanen is going to be out for 4-6 weeks. They still have to be cognisant of their cap and any players (read: salaries) they add. I'm sure they'd love to have Ragnarsson back, but they'd not only to have to find him willing to do it, they'd also have to move salary somewhere. I'm sure they would be, and a tell-tale sign they'd be up to something would be a trade where the Flyers were relieved of some salary.

The Sharp-Ellison deal ain't it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I guess, like goodrev, I'm not convinced beyond some wishful thinking that Rags is interested in coming back over the Atlantic.

easton122 12-06-2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
you have to remember the key factor in this.... he has to WANT to come back and play in the NHL... something i am not entirely sure of

He second-guessed his decision to return to Sweden after the Forsberg signing. However, that was way after we signed Hatcher, Rathje and Therien. The window of opportunity was closed. It is believed Clarke told him he might sign him for the stretch.

easton122 12-06-2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
The Sharp-Ellison deal ain't it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I guess, like goodrev, I'm not convinced beyond some wishful thinking that Rags is interested in coming back over the Atlantic.

Rags never won a cup. I'm sure he'll take the league minimum for a final chance.

TheKingPin 12-06-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion of the North
Owns it?

Anyway in this interview: http://www.almtuna-is.com/default.asp?visa=nyhetsida&nyhet=939
he (Ragnarsson) gets the question: Which is the best player you played against/with?
Against: Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky.
With: Keith Primeau :eek: "A great leader on and off the ice."

Thats awesome, bring him back just for that.

bobbyboucher24 12-06-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
Rags never won a cup. I'm sure he'll take the league minimum for a final chance.

No offense to the Swedes on the board, but exactly how important is it to Swedish players to win a Cu? For Canadians, its huge. For Americans, its important. But for Europeans, do they really grow up hoping to play in the NHL and win a Cup some day? Npt saying they are lazy or anything, just that I think its more of a desire for Canadians and to a lesser extent Americans just because they live around hockey and the NHL.

Steve L* 12-06-2005 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyboucher24
No offense to the Swedes on the board, but exactly how important is it to Swedish players to win a Cu? For Canadians, its huge. For Americans, its important. But for Europeans, do they really grow up hoping to play in the NHL and win a Cup some day? Npt saying they are lazy or anything, just that I think its more of a desire for Canadians and to a lesser extent Americans just because they live around hockey and the NHL.

When youve spent 10 years trying to win something, you really want it, it doesnt matter if your Canadian, Swedish or Thai.

Vikke 12-06-2005 09:45 AM

He can't play in the NHL this season anyway.

Jester 12-06-2005 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke
He can't play in the NHL this season anyway.

if his contract in Sweden isn't closed to him coming over here... yes, he can play this season.