HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Great Game Boys!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=198640)

Philly Flyer Fan* 12-06-2005 08:42 PM

Great Game Boys!!!!!
 
Let's give our beloved Flyers a round of applaus for the effort tonight!
With the loss of Desjardins in the first and great netminding by Frank............what a game!!!!

:clap:

Viberg 12-06-2005 08:47 PM

Derian Hatcher was great today. 30 min hardworking defensive play with some offensive skills. :clap: The way he played in Calgarys PP in OT was great... :bow:

Vikke 12-06-2005 08:48 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

markzab 12-06-2005 09:28 PM

:bow:

Bennysflyers16 12-06-2005 09:29 PM

:yo: :handclap: GREAT GAME !!! :clap:

bigjags* 12-06-2005 09:31 PM

Can Niitkamkaakin take over as the #1 any time soon?

guzzy 12-06-2005 09:31 PM

That was a great game to watch. When Calgary beat Philly 3-2 on December 16, 2003 is when I realized Calgary was a contender. I was looking forward to this all season because I believe Philly is a contender and I want to see how Calgary did against them. Not bad but we could use some scoring.

Roger's Pancreas* 12-06-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjags
Can Niitkamkaakin take over as the #1 any time soon?

Frank can do whatever the hell he wants. He has his shot and is making the most of it. What's to come of Esche when he comes back? We'll probably see that comitted Silent Bob that we all love so much, the one who worked incredibly hard to show he wasn't just a backup and he was ready for the next step. Esche made a mistake by trying to become a vocal presence in the locker room and replace the key vets. Oh sorry, Frank's great.

TheKingPin 12-06-2005 10:06 PM

:bow: Frank Nitty :bow: im not worthy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WHAT A GAME ( I have three finals tomarrow and i cant stop reading posts and articles) :jump:

Team_Spirit 12-06-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Frank can do whatever the hell he wants. He has his shot and is making the most of it. What's to come of Esche when he comes back? We'll probably see that comitted Silent Bob that we all love so much, the one who worked incredibly hard to show he wasn't just a backup and he was ready for the next step. Esche made a mistake by trying to become a vocal presence in the locker room and replace the key vets. Oh sorry, Frank's great.

Who's silent Bob ? And do you think Esche is loosing his job ?

Niitty has been great in the A last year , outplaying Lethonen , so it dont surprise me . But will the staff go with him in the playoffs ?

Nacho 12-07-2005 01:32 AM

Nice one Phantoms... :dunno:

GameFace247SON 12-07-2005 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho
Nice one Phantoms... :dunno:


:biglaugh: so true, i was nervous last night, only cuz i had flashbacks, like i had seen this team before, in the CALDER CUP FINALS!! but great work all around...the way richards was twirling his stick, i just knew he was gonna score

greatwhite101* 12-07-2005 06:52 AM

Too bade Esche doesn't have Hernia. Well let him rest we may need him 100%... Give him 2 weeks.
Great game! Flames do hit hard.

tytech 12-07-2005 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
:biglaugh: so true, i was nervous last night, only cuz i had flashbacks, like i had seen this team before, in the CALDER CUP FINALS!! but great work all around...the way richards was twirling his stick, i just knew he was gonna score

Yes, I forgot about that but was kind of not liking it when he did it. He twirled his stick about 5 times fast right before he grabbed the puck for his shootout. Cocky thing to do, it reminded me of something Kovalchuk would do but at least he scored.

tytech 12-07-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzzy
That was a great game to watch. When Calgary beat Philly 3-2 on December 16, 2003 is when I realized Calgary was a contender. I was looking forward to this all season because I believe Philly is a contender and I want to see how Calgary did against them. Not bad but we could use some scoring.


People are never happy. You beat one of the hottest teams in the league and then because you donít score thereís complaining. Uhhh, no Forsberg, Uhhh no offensive defencemen in Pitkanen and Desjardins. We shut down the other team hard and had over 30 shots and quality shots at that. Kiprusoff was first star for a reason.

TheKingPin 12-07-2005 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
Yes, I forgot about that but was kind of not liking it when he did it. He twirled his stick about 5 times fast right before he grabbed the puck for his shootout. Cocky thing to do, it reminded me of something Kovalchuk would do but at least he scored.

I thought he wa going to go to play the puck and miss it because his stick wasnt set yet. But when he got past that you just knew he was going to try something. Carter was very close also, it looked like Kipper got it with the end of his stick.

Coburnfan05 12-07-2005 08:04 AM

Hell of a game, probably the best 3 period team effort all year. Everyone played well...even Bundy.

I just want to give some props out to 2 players who I thought had pretty good games and nobody else would mention.

Meyer looked pretty good all night...He was good at moving the puck and wasn't battered around to much in his own end.

After watching Eager play, I hope he stays up when everyone is healthy and Brashear is sent packing. Is tenacity on the forecheck was just awesome, if he can scrap good he is definetly more valuable then Brashear.

Brad* 12-07-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
After watching Eager play, I hope he stays up when everyone is healthy and Brashear is sent packing. Is tenacity on the forecheck was just awesome, if he can scrap good he is definetly more valuable then Brashear.

Agreed. Eager can do anything Brashear can do except fighting, and since Brashear doesn't really fight eather, it makes no sense to play Brashear and sit Eager. Eager actually has skill.

GameFace247SON 12-07-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
Hell of a game, probably the best 3 period team effort all year. Everyone played well...even Bundy.

Not quite. Sitting on the couch with my cousin, first period. I say, "hey watch out, 6 on the prowl." Bundy has the puck behind the net. No pressure on him, just needs to make a clean outlet pass. Leads Brashear about two feet too long. Icing. Classic Bundy.

facts 12-07-2005 08:34 AM

Aside from beating the Devils in the final week of the regular season 2 years ago that was the best game the Flyers have played in years. Sportsnet announcers spent the entire pre game commenting on the lack of NHLers on the Philly lineup and how Calgary should fare quite well. It was nice to see such a team effort. And a lot was said of the fact that Iginla may come up big as he hasn't scored in the 8 games prior, Well Gags deserves the credit fore making it 9 as he kept him hush hush with his great defensive play. Excellent game

hockeystud938 12-07-2005 09:52 PM

nitty congrats with the shutout great game :bow: :yo: :clap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.