HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   NEW TOP 20 Posted! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19933)

Guy Flaming 10-14-2003 09:46 PM

NEW TOP 20 Posted!
 
Let the discussions and arguing and deliberating begin in earnest.

See The NEW Oiler Top 20 Prospect List:http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=10

Article Detailing The Reasons Why:http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0


Let me hear it everybody... :rolly:

Cerebral 10-14-2003 09:52 PM

Gasp.. Kristian Antilla is rated 3.. this is a travesty ;) I think the rankings look pretty good.. I haven't gotten a chance to read the article justifying the rankings but they look good to me!

Allan 10-15-2003 02:57 AM

No big surprises, really, but I guess that means Guy's been doing such a great job already that even those guys agreed with him.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised about Mikhnov being so high. As much as I love the guy, the Oilers didn't seem to be putting much stock in him recently.

I was also going to ***** about Kenny Smith, but I see he made the top 25, so I'm not too worried.

*edit*

I forgot to mention that I think this may be a new best article Guy. You just keep getting better.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Funkymoses 10-15-2003 04:51 AM

my man Dwight's in there so I'm happy. I will also be ridiculously happy if he's a Hobey finalist.

a couple of corrections on the article: Winchester's 22, not 20. Helminen is 20, not 22. And North Dakota, where Greene plays, is a powerhouse in college hockey... more titles than any school except Michigan.

mere nits. excellent work.

dawgbone 10-15-2003 05:59 AM

Dammit Guy...

Where was this last week when I submitted DesLauriers name to be created in my sim league?

That extra .5 makes a difference!!!!

j/k good work.

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkymoses
my man Dwight's in there so I'm happy. I will also be ridiculously happy if he's a Hobey finalist.

a couple of corrections on the article: Winchester's 22, not 20. Helminen is 20, not 22. And North Dakota, where Greene plays, is a powerhouse in college hockey... more titles than any school except Michigan.

mere nits. excellent work.

Thanks Moses, those age calcualtions always screw me up. (Why can't they just say Age: 20 instead of making me subtract???)

As for North Dakota... really! I guess I didn't know because I'm still pretty new to the world of non-pro hockey. Gotta say that surprises the heck out of me... why don't we ever here about that school then. Always about Michigan, Michigan State, Maine, Boston College, Colorado, Minnesota, etc.

Thanks for the lesson anyway.

eh 10-15-2003 07:21 AM

If I wasn't something of an Oiler fan already, I'd be converted into one easily by the excellent articles GuyF constantly provides us with. I mean, it's so much easier to follow Oiler prospects than, say, Panthers'.

Usually it's so hard to find any info on how the training camp is progressing etc. This fall has been different, thanks to GuyF, but also to all the posters on Oiler HFBoards.

LawnDemon 10-15-2003 07:45 AM

nicely done guy. very concise and informative. maybe a bit too optimistic though? personally, i'll be ecstatic if 5 of those 20 actually make it as NHLers. ;)

copperandblue 10-15-2003 07:51 AM

Quick question for you Guy

When you say "most generous" predictions for Deslauriers is two years, does that mean within two years MAX. he should be ready or it will be MIN. 2 years before he has a legit shot at making the club?

Probably doesn't matter because of the CBA but still curious.

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copperandblue
Quick question for you Guy

When you say "most generous" predictions for Deslauriers is two years, does that mean within two years MAX. he should be ready or it will be MIN. 2 years before he has a legit shot at making the club?

Probably doesn't matter because of the CBA but still curious.

No, he's 2 years away going by what I've been told. That's 2005-06 at the earliest for NHL. That's the plan... other things could happen between then and now to either speed up or slow down his chances. If he has a stellar year, makes the Canadian team and has a great tournament... maybe he gets a look sooner. But, the PLAN is to have him in 2 years.

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
nicely done guy. very concise and informative. maybe a bit too optimistic though? personally, i'll be ecstatic if 5 of those 20 actually make it as NHLers. ;)


I will be too. Then again, 3 of those 20 are in the NHL today... I'll have to redo this list again in January or so if/when Stoll, Torres and Bergy have played enough games.

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
Honestly, I'm a little surprised about Mikhnov being so high. As much as I love the guy, the Oilers didn't seem to be putting much stock in him recently.

I'm sooooo eager to see this guy in person. I hope he's here in June for the mini camp this summer.

dem 10-15-2003 11:46 AM

Check the Deslauriers talent analysis. It repeats itself :p

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem
Check the Deslauriers talent analysis. It repeats itself :p

Thanks. fixed.

Lowetide 10-15-2003 03:30 PM

Great stuff Guy. A very enjoyable read, especially shedding light on the NCAA guys and Euros like Johansson.

The question now is what will you do for an encore?

I suggest a long phone interview with prospect #16.

Oi'll say! 10-15-2003 04:30 PM

:handclap:

Great work Guy!

Nice to see Freddie J creeping into the picture, too bad about Platt though. They never had anything to say about him at all?

I'll have to post something over on the ncaa boards, see what them there collijj kids have to say about him.

P.S. Is hockey east part of NCAA?

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say
Nice to see Freddie J creeping into the picture, too bad about Platt though. They never had anything to say about him at all?

Platt was one of the guys who barely missed the "just missed the cut" group. He's a big tough defencemen too and might have a shot at the NHL. We should see him in Edmonton's camp next fall though as he is a senior this year in Providence.

I have future plans to interview both Platt and Colin McDonald at the same time, if I can swing that one.

Is Hockey East in the NCAA?... I don't want to say yes just in case I'm wrong but I used NCAA more as a "This guy is playing College hockey in the U.S."...

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
Great stuff Guy. A very enjoyable read, especially shedding light on the NCAA guys and Euros like Johansson.

The question now is what will you do for an encore?

I suggest a long phone interview with prospect #16.

Oh a request from Lowetide, OK great!

OK let's see now... #16, hmm let me scroll down here.... hmmm...

Oh you frickin' delinquent! :madfire:

Allan 10-15-2003 05:49 PM

How about #7 then? You could let him know that as a Ukranian, he'll fit right in here in the 'Chuck. Come on Guy. We're counting on you to learn a few new languages so you can do all the interviews we want. :p

thome_26 10-15-2003 06:29 PM

I thought Dan Baum could have been in the honorable mentions.... I guess just cause I'm more familiar with him - but now with Torres being entrenched for a LONG LONG LONG time as the role Dan would be playing his services are as needed now...

thome_26 10-15-2003 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
Oh a request from Lowetide, OK great!

OK let's see now... #16, hmm let me scroll down here.... hmmm...

Oh you frickin' delinquent! :madfire:

some sort of inside joke?

Guy Flaming 10-15-2003 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
some sort of inside joke?

Not really inside but... Lowetide is always needling me about calling Sweden to get a hold of Joukov. Until I manage to do that... Lowetide ain't impressed.

One day I'm gonna shock the snot out of him though, just you wait.

G-Double 10-15-2003 09:40 PM

Hockey East is definitely in the NcAA, there is actually a good write-up previewing the NCAA on the main page. www.hockeysfuture.com

Funkymoses 10-16-2003 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
Is Hockey East in the NCAA?... I don't want to say yes just in case I'm wrong but I used NCAA more as a "This guy is playing College hockey in the U.S."...

all college hockey in the US is indeed NCAA. They have different divisions based on financial commitment to the program. Anyone with a shot at the NHL is playing Division I.

speeds 10-16-2003 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkymoses
all college hockey in the US is indeed NCAA. They have different divisions based on financial commitment to the program. Anyone with a shot at the NHL is playing Division I.

funky, what's your take on Radunske missing the cut here? Is he primed to move up this list, or not?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.