HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The last time the habs............. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=19958)

Darz 10-15-2003 03:30 AM

The last time the habs.............
 
The last time the habs won two consecutive games both by 4 goals or more before this year was:

Feb. 2/94 Montreal 9 Hartford 2
Feb. 4/94 Montreal 4 Washington 0

almost 10 years ago!!!!! We were defending Stanley Cup champs at the time!!!!!

HABitude 10-15-2003 05:39 AM

...yeah, cool heh?

This start of season looks opposite of last year. Last year we were the best in pre-season, Czerk was leading and when the real season started, we were lost.

This year we sucked
* in pre-season and when the real season starts, we won easylly over 2 big teams of east conference.

Gainey didn't go for big names in off season, he just did a accurate analyse of the actual team and did some little changes where needed. In fact, we are one of the most improved team of the league, ...without signing big names.
:yo: :bow:

*We didn't sucked in reality, we lost most of games (by 1 goal) but the shots on goals were in our favour.

Dynasty 10-15-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
The last time the habs won two consecutive games both by 4 goals or more before this year was:

Feb. 2/94 Montreal 9 Hartford 2
Feb. 4/94 Montreal 4 Washington 0

almost 10 years ago!!!!! We were defending Stanley Cup champs at the time!!!!!

That's a very interesting bit of trivia there Darz!!

Darz 10-15-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty
That's a very interesting bit of trivia there Darz!!

Ya, had to flip through quite a few official guide's to find that.

Gros Bill 10-15-2003 11:25 AM

Very interesting, Darz. No wonder you once were the HF Boards official statistician.

danboulie 10-15-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Very interesting, Darz. No wonder you once were the HF Boards official statistician.

He's smart as a whip, that Darz. :p
Here's two questions for you:
1.When was the last time the canadiens won 3 games by 4 or more goals in a row?
2. What are the minions?

Darz 10-15-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
He's smart as a whip, that Darz. :p
Here's two questions for you:
1.When was the last time the canadiens won 3 games by 4 or more goals in a row?
2. What are the minions?

Answers:

1. I'll have to check that out. Took me long enough to find two straight.

2. The Minions are 'The Lounge' team I belong to. Every month there is a poll to see which is the top team (posters vote for there favorite group of posters).
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=15855

Joe Malone 10-15-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
The last time the habs won two consecutive games both by 4 goals or more before this year was:

Feb. 2/94 Montreal 9 Hartford 2
Feb. 4/94 Montreal 4 Washington 0

almost 10 years ago!!!!! We were defending Stanley Cup champs at the time!!!!!

After last night's game, I said to myself, "Geez, it's been a while since we won two games in a row so convincingly." I never realized it was 10 years! Thanks Darz. :)

NHLcrazy 10-15-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Feb. 2/94 Montreal 9 Hartford 2

Call me weird but i remember that game.....

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Call me weird but i remember that game.....

remember any of the goal scorers? Damphouse, Muller, Bellows, Savard, Desjardins, LeClair, Dipetro, Keane, Carboneau....few of these guys figured in the scoring probably

NHLcrazy 10-15-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
remember any of the goal scorers? Damphouse, Muller, Bellows, Savard, Desjardins, LeClair, Dipetro, Keane, Carboneau....few of these guys figured in the scoring probably

Nope i don't remember who scored i just remember watching the game and reading the paper the next morning about it.....like i said that game had nothing incredible or extraordinary but for some unknown reason i remember it.....
:dunno:

SwedenRulez 10-15-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz

almost 10 years ago!!!!! We were defending Stanley Cup champs at the time!!!!!

And now we go for it!!! :joker:

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Nope i don't remember who scored i just remember watching the game and reading the paper the next morning about it.....like i said that game had nothing incredible or extraordinary but for some unknown reason i remember it.....
:dunno:

you got a good memory....

Dripper 10-15-2003 03:09 PM

I remember Odelein had like 5 assists in that game against Hartford..
I think he set up a record for most assists by a Hab defenseman in one game
:teach:

oli500 10-15-2003 03:09 PM

I told myself if the canadiens play the rest of the season like they did the last two nights we could be the ducks from last year. Yeah I know its a dream but everyone has dreams. in my opinion I think the habs have the right tools to surprise everyone.

A great goaltender: When hes on his game hes as good as ennayone.

Depth at center : Koivu,Ribeiro,Perrault Probably the most underated center dept in the league. All those players mention have different qualities, wich I think is an asset to a team,

Depth at defence: I think that defence is another important tool to built succes around. In effery sports whetter its basse-ball,foot-ball, basket ball and soccer defence has been an important part of the succes of those teams that won championships.

And not to forget a hard working team. If julien could built urond these aspects we could have ourself a treat at the end of the season.

Once again Go habs Go.

All I want this year is a hard working team. Im with you from the begining to the end.

Darz 10-16-2003 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
1.When was the last time the canadiens won 3 games by 4 or more goals in a row?

Oct. 17/92 Montreal 8 Minnesota 1
Oct. 19/92 Montreal 6 St. Louis 2
Oct. 21/92 Montreal 8 San Jose 4

Démon Blond 10-16-2003 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Oct. 17/92 Montreal 8 Minnesota 1
Oct. 19/92 Montreal 6 St. Louis 2
Oct. 21/92 Montreal 8 San Jose 4

The year of the cup, of course... Thanks Darz!

Dripper 10-16-2003 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Oct. 17/92 Montreal 8 Minnesota 1
Oct. 19/92 Montreal 6 St. Louis 2
Oct. 21/92 Montreal 8 San Jose 4


Wow, do you have the boxscores of these games? It's got to be pretty impressive!

:yo:

danboulie 10-16-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Oct. 17/92 Montreal 8 Minnesota 1
Oct. 19/92 Montreal 6 St. Louis 2
Oct. 21/92 Montreal 8 San Jose 4

Wow, I turned 5 the day that that winning streak happened!
What a birthday present, lol.

Darz 10-16-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper
Wow, do you have the boxscores of these games? It's got to be pretty impressive!

:yo:

I just checked the final scores each year in the Official Guide and Record Book. I have every years guide since '83. Took me a little while to find it, but curiousity......

nic29+ 10-16-2003 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
Wow, I turned 5 the day that that winning streak happened!
What a birthday present, lol.


So I take it a Happy Birthday is in order for tomorrow.

So just in case I'm not around tomorrow, have a good one Aphotic.

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/party/birthday.gifhttp://burns.thefinaldimension.org/otn/party/hb2.gif

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/ot.../partytime.gif

PrairieHabber 10-16-2003 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I just checked the final scores each year in the Official Guide and Record Book. I have every years guide since '83. Took me a little while to find it, but curiousity......

Well done Darz...I think I remember those games too. Hey you should be a baseball colour commentator with those kinda stats.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-16-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Oct. 17/92 Montreal 8 Minnesota 1
Oct. 19/92 Montreal 6 St. Louis 2
Oct. 21/92 Montreal 8 San Jose 4

The season of our cup win(92/93)....hope the good start to this season is a great sign to come for the habs ;)

Fish on The Sand 10-16-2003 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
The season of our cup win(92/93)....hope the good start to this season is a great sign to come for the habs ;)

We almost did it today. How come we didn't just win by 4 goals, or even 5. It was like 7, 8 goal spreads. Seriously, that's likely one of the most dominating 3 game winning streaks in the history of the sport.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-16-2003 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
We almost did it today. How come we didn't just win by 4 goals, or even 5. It was like 7, 8 goal spreads. Seriously, that's likely one of the most dominating 3 game winning streaks in the history of the sport.

22 goals in 3 games (92 season for habs) is crazy....but you should take into account that it was easier to score back then than it is now.....the players are stronger now, faster, goalies are better


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.