HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Odd facts about Niittymaki from wikipedia.org (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=199627)

Nuclear 12-09-2005 12:25 AM

Odd facts about Niittymaki from wikipedia.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antero_Niittymaki

Quote:

Niittymäki was the Philadelphia Flyers' 7th pick (168th overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft. "I didn't even know I got drafted. I found out the next morning. I was really surprised." he says in an interview in November, 2003. Even if he would have opted to come immediately to the United States to play hockey, compulsory military service kept Niittymäki in Finland until January, 2001.
Quote:

Though he is lacking in injuries, Niittymäki does have a strange habit of sneezing when there are breaks in the action and TV cameras zoom in on his face.
Quote:

As far as American culture goes, Antero enjoys Everybody Loves Raymond and PlayStation 2. He is not a fan of cheesesteaks, traffic, and heights, though he does not mind flying. The hardest thing about adjusting to the country was learning the language, even though Niittymäki learned English and Swedish in school for six years while in Finland.

Raimo Sillanpää 12-09-2005 01:01 AM

Frank Nitty drank coffee at the Boston Tea Party..

heh, those wikipedia facts sounded a bit like those random Vin Diesel facts..

FlyHigh 12-09-2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää

I loved those, I was literally rolling on the floor.

Hedberg 12-09-2005 01:27 AM

Antero Nittymaki won the inaugural Paris-Dakar rally using only a hubcap and sleigh dogs but the result was discounted when it was found that all other competitors had mysterious choked to death on their own elbows.

Antero Nittymaki can indeed create a rock so large that he cannot lift it. But he doesn't want to.

Antero Nittymaki's voice does not echo. Not ever.

Antero Nittymaki is one of the Viking Gods. The reason he never ended up on any of the runes was that nobody could chop a picture good enough of him in stone.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Antero Nittymaki.

ShawnTHW 12-09-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg
Antero Nittymaki won the inaugural Paris-Dakar rally using only a hubcap and sleigh dogs but the result was discounted when it was found that all other competitors had mysterious choked to death on their own elbows.

Antero Nittymaki can indeed create a rock so large that he cannot lift it. But he doesn't want to.

Antero Nittymaki's voice does not echo. Not ever.

Antero Nittymaki is one of the Viking Gods. The reason he never ended up on any of the runes was that nobody could chop a picture good enough of him in stone.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Antero Nittymaki.

Man those are just hilarious :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Nikkowar 12-09-2005 11:42 AM

Antero Nittymaki drives me to school every morning

RJ8812 12-09-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää
Frank Nitty drank coffee at the Boston Tea Party..

the vin ones are stupid, the ones about Chuck Norris are 10x better!

GKJ 12-09-2005 11:53 AM

Antero Niittymaki can walk on water.

Antero Niittymaki has telepathy.

Antero Niittymaki can levitate.

Brad* 12-09-2005 12:07 PM

As a 2-year old, Antero Niittymaki spelled out the script to Les Miserables in his Alpha Bits cereal.

edd1e 12-09-2005 12:46 PM

Antero Niittymäki is originally from Turku

..hilarious..

Nuclear 12-09-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
the vin ones are stupid, the ones about Chuck Norris are 10x better!

The Chuck Norris ones are amazing

"Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried"

Steve L* 12-09-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edd1e
Antero Niittymäki is originally from Turku

..hilarious..

Thats just silly, no city would have a silly name like that. ;)

Tat2dRich 12-09-2005 02:11 PM

Antero Mittymaki was born on 6/18/80, 6+18+80 = 104
Lindros sweater # was 88, Clarkes was 16. 16 + 80 = 104
and....
Pelle Lindbergh was born 5/24/59, 5+24+59 = (I think you're with me on this!) 88!

Coincedence? We think not!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Antero Niittymaki can walk on water.

Antero Niittymaki has telepathy.

Antero Niittymaki can levitate.

FlyHigh 12-09-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear
The Chuck Norris ones are amazing

"Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried"

I liked "There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live."