HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Cammy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=200250)

jeffreyaa 12-10-2005 11:08 PM

Cammy
 
He's been playing hard, and it was nice to see him get a goal today. He's been turning around my opinion of what he can do this year.

johnjm22 12-11-2005 01:24 AM

I think over this tough stretch we've had he's been one of our hardest working players. :handclap:


I also like the fact that he's not afraid to shoot the puck!

Osprey 12-11-2005 01:27 AM

Today, on his best shift, he backchecked hard, intercepted a pass in the slot that could've been a great Panther scoring chance, skated the puck almost to the other end, passed it off and received it back a few seconds later for the pretty one-timer goal. What an effort there. I agree that he's been one of the team's hardest-working players recently.

Reaper45 12-11-2005 01:34 AM

I'll give credit where credit is due, he played very well today, nice to finally be able to see that on one knee slapper he does.

razoredit 12-11-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22
I think over this tough stretch we've had he's been one of our hardest working players. :handclap:


I also like the fact that he's not afraid to shoot the puck!

He's playing his a$$ off because he wants out of LA.

sweatypickle 12-11-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razoredit
He's playing his a$$ off because he wants out of LA.

lol

The Tikkanen 12-11-2005 03:48 PM

What is his future in LA? I do not see 1st line potential. He is small and not fast but works hard and makes the smart plays. I would hold onto him until his contract is about to run out and then trade him but if there is a deal for somebody that is 1st line material he's gone. I was expecting more of him from what I read from the "scouts" on the internet.

Ziggy Stardust 12-11-2005 04:00 PM

Let's see here... of the players expected to be the 2nd line (y'know, JR and Luc) the only one producing is Cammalleri. He also happens to be tied for the team lead in powerplay goals with 5 and is fourth on the Kings with 74 shots on goal. 19 points in 29 games isn't bad for a 23 year old.

Reaper45 12-11-2005 04:15 PM

I dont know, I think DT still might think about moving him, I mean, why else did he sign him for only a one year deal?

zeppelin97 12-11-2005 04:28 PM

Looks like he's doing ok. Still doesn't look entirely comfortable out there. I was hoping for a little more creativity on offense from him (i saw glimpses of it last season as a king), but hopefully that will come in time.

King Blazer 12-11-2005 04:29 PM

At the breakfast with the Kings thing the other day, AM said something about JR being brought in as the #1 Center. So that would actually put Conroy on the second line....

As far as Cammalleri goes, I think he's doing a fine job at this point and is increasing his value to the organization, be it as a player for them or someone they trade, with his solid play...

Osprey 12-11-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen
What is his future in LA? I do not see 1st line potential. He is small and not fast but works hard and makes the smart plays. I would hold onto him until his contract is about to run out and then trade him but if there is a deal for somebody that is 1st line material he's gone. I was expecting more of him from what I read from the "scouts" on the internet.

I'm not sure why you're looking for 1st-line potential in him. He's always been projected as a 2nd-line player, never 1st-line.

I think we were all expecting more (scoring) from him at even-strength, but this is his first full season, his linemates are stinking and the new rules may require adjustment. Last season, 7 of his 9 goals in 31 games with the Kings were at even-strength (and that was under the old rules that made it much harder for smaller players), so he's already proven that he can score at even-strength in the NHL.

I imagine that the same size concerns were prevalent about Brian Gionta (who's 2" shorter than Cammalleri), but NJ held onto him and were rewarded. In this 4th season with his team, he's exploded for 17 goals so far. He's 3.5 years older than Mike, has twice the number of NHL games played and is proof that small players can make it. Steve Sullivan, too, didn't have his first 20-goal season until he was a year older than Mike is now.

I still see plenty of 2nd-line potential in Cammalleri. If that doesn't pan out, he could still have a good career as a 3rd-liner, especially with his tenacity along the boards and backchecking. I'd move him for a really good player, but, barring that, I'd keep him around at least another couple seasons. He's the kind of player that some might be tempted to trade away for a 3rd-round pick, only to have him blossom elsewhere and make you look stupid. Look at Jason Blake (and that was for only a 5th-rounder, ugh).

Let's recap: Brian Gionta, Steve Sullivan and Jason Blake, all around the same size as (or smaller than) Cammalleri, all blossomed into scoring machines around their 4th season in the NHL (Cammalleri is in his 3rd) and when they were 1-3.5 years older than Cammalleri is now. Personally, I'd be patient.

jeffreyaa 12-12-2005 12:41 AM

He's been one of the better Kings over the last period of games. No one is untrade-able, of course, but I don't see any reason to give him up unless we get something pretty good in return. He's been playing well, and under the new rules, his career potential is pretty decent. As some have said, prob not ever as a #1 center, but a solid 2nd liner.

TonySCV 12-12-2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyaa
He's been playing hard, and it was nice to see him get a goal today. He's been turning around my opinion of what he can do this year.

Scoring goals has a way of turning around opinions. It's almost magical.

jeffreyaa 12-12-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Scoring goals has a way of turning around opinions. It's almost magical.

Haha- no, it's more than that. He's been hustling, even trying to throw his body around slightly, and especially has been hustling to get back and make plays on D.

swinginutter* 12-12-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I dont know, I think DT still might think about moving him, I mean, why else did he sign him for only a one year deal?

You might be right as far as moving him goes. But one year contracts are all over the NHL right now. If you look team by team, there are lots of good young players that were only signed to one year contracts. Mark Bell was only signed for a year, and he's a power foward in the making. Cammy will prosper wherever he goes. If we move him, it better not be for some rental or BS like that (picks).

Mazokngstc 12-12-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
Let's recap: Brian Gionta, Steve Sullivan and Jason Blake, all around the same size as (or smaller than) Cammalleri, all blossomed into scoring machines around their 4th season in the NHL (Cammalleri is in his 3rd) and when they were 1-3.5 years older than Cammalleri is now. Personally, I'd be patient.

What you said.

There was a moment in the Florida game on Saturday where Cammaleri and Demitra entered the zone together, with speed. Demitra had the puck, Cammaleri on the left wing. For just a second, the two of them looked pretty damn effective, like they'd actually practiced it, and scary as all hell to the defense--Demitra looked to his left and took the puck straight towards the net (seems to be the only King who still does that successfully), while Cammaleri accelerated to the near side post. It was just offside, but the potential for damage looked to be very evident. Had it been onside, they were going to generate at least one decent shot on net. If AM's shaking up the lines anyway, I'd love to see Demitra/Cammaleri again, maybe with JR, since skating him with Luc is proving to be pretty much an unmitigated disaster and Demitra creates open ice. Be an interesting PP forward unit, in any case.

Old Hickory 12-12-2005 01:44 PM

That goal Cammy scored on Saturday was nuts.

I will remember that goal for years to come.

swinginutter* 12-12-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
That goal Cammy scored on Saturday was nuts.

I will remember that goal for years to come.

a-la Tomas Sandstrom!......minus about five inches!

Haik 12-12-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
a-la Tomas Sandstrom!......minus about five inches!


That avatar is hilarious :biglaugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.