HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Eklund rumor: Brodeur trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=200363)

Jaysfanatic* 12-11-2005 11:00 AM

Eklund rumor: Brodeur trade

Says Eklund. They've asked him if he wants to be traded. :biglaugh: I love Eklund, makes my days bright with his hogwash.

ForsbergForever 12-11-2005 11:35 AM

Brodeur for Jose Theodore! Let the rumour live.

MattNJD 12-11-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Says Eklund. They've asked him if he wants to be traded. :biglaugh: I love Eklund, makes my days bright with his hogwash.

I saw this as well. I like going to his site and I'm in his fantasy league but this is just crazy!

Lady Rhian 12-11-2005 03:01 PM

How does this guy miss the Thornton trade, but spreads rumors about other guys supposedly to be on the trade block, and almost next to none happen? The man is a tool. I bet teams give him tidbits that aren't true, just to make an arse out of him. :biglaugh:

devilish34 12-12-2005 07:41 AM

Whats the link for Eklunds site??
I've always hear all his bogus rumors but never saw his site.

sveiglar 12-12-2005 08:11 AM

[E5] baby, [E5]!!!1!

Unthinkable 12-12-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilish34
Whats the link for Eklunds site??
I've always hear all his bogus rumors but never saw his site.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/

GhostofKenKlee 12-16-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unthinkable

Legace and Zetterberg for Brodeur, lou pull it now! :sarcasm:

Jaysfanatic* 12-16-2005 11:20 AM

I'd do Brodeur for Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Legace.

GhostofKenKlee 12-16-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

I'd do Brodeur for Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Legace.

NOw you're getting interesting. If thinks remain status quo, you think the "trade Brodeur" threads/Rumor will mirror the Luongo ones?

Bruinaholic 12-16-2005 11:31 AM

Ovechkin>Brodeur :sarcasm:

Jaysfanatic* 12-16-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josetheodore
NOw you're getting interesting. If thinks remain status quo, you think the "trade Brodeur" threads/Rumor will mirror the Luongo ones?

Its because Im Eklund.

GhostofKenKlee 12-16-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Its because Im Eklund.

Wanted to compliment you on your moniker as well as being the "drudge report" of the hockey world. Your accuracy in reporting trades is par excellance. You two moves ahead of the crowd.

Jaysfanatic* 12-16-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josetheodore
Wanted to compliment you are you moniker as well as being the "drudge report" of the hockey world. Your accuracy in reporting trades is par excellance. You two moves ahead of the crowd.

Ah why thank you, I quite enjoy being a rumor mongering cotton headed ninny muggins.

Unthinkable 12-16-2005 09:40 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how Hockey's Future went from having an official stance that his name wasn't ever to be mentioned in threads to "he's a valuable member of the forums - no flames and personal criticisms please". One extreme viewpoint to the other seemingly overnight with no real detailed explanation that I can ever recall reading from the higher ups here. Is he really Kevin Greenstein? Saw that assertion posted in another thread the other night. I'm now curious if he's the same KG who proposed it was time to deal Marty and blow up the team back a few months ago in which Stan Fischler and him went back and forth with some heated arguments following that article.

GhostofKenKlee 12-17-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out how Hockey's Future went from having an official stance that his name wasn't ever to be mentioned in threads to "he's a valuable member of the forums - no flames and personal criticisms please". One extreme viewpoint to the other seemingly overnight with no real detailed explanation that I can ever recall reading from the higher ups here. Is he really Kevin Greenstein? Saw that assertion posted in another thread the other night. I'm now curious if he's the same KG who proposed it was time to deal Marty and blow up the team back a few months ago in which Stan Fischler and him went back and forth with some heated arguments following that article.

I know Buccigross called for the Blowing of the Devils roster. Wouldn't suprise me if he called for it, he's a Flyers homer.

I'm suprised he missed the McGillis Waiver story.

HBK27 12-17-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

I don't think he's Kevin Greenstein, but I think Greenstein is doing something to fuel these rumors. KG wrote that article at the beginning of the season that the Devils should trade Brodeur and he's keep that stance throughout the season. The latest example is from his Inside Hockey Power Rankings. For the Devils:

Quote:

19) New Jersey Devils (LW: 18) Right now on the outside of the NHL's playoff picture looking in, the Devils will likely be without top forward Patrik Elias for at least another month. More and more, it seems that trading Brodeur would be their best move.
He just won't let it go.

Liquidrage* 12-17-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

He isn't Greenstein.

I think HF just gave up on trying to stop people from posting his stuff. He's certainly gotten himself some insider gossip from time to time. But he's also a proven liar that will make something up. And yes, that's been proven. He once claimed to have a rumor directly from a player's agent that he just got off the phone with. Problem was, he didn't realize that player didn't have an agent at the time and was representing himself.

However, that was long ago. Before he blog. Back when he used to post his rumors directly onto the main Flyers site.

I also think him getting credit for breaking a few big signings made HF back off. There's still some debate, but basically he broke the Forsberg signing. And we all laughed at him when he posted that to the Flyers board, but about an hour later Forsberg signed. So he got the info early from somewhere. He's broken a few others.

I still don't like him because he's past of making up rumors. It's not just "the nature of the rumor business". Blatently making up a rumor yourself strips you of your integrity. But he has gotten himself some contacts and he's no worse then Larry Brooks.

Ronnie Bass 12-17-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidrage
.....he's no worse then Larry Brooks.

No one is.

jb** 12-17-2005 01:19 PM

since this seems to be a fantasy why not trade him to the Flyers, would be poetic justice for all the times he screwed us, plus it is close to his NJ home.... I know there is a better chance of me seeing God than that happening though.

GhostofKenKlee 12-17-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO
since this seems to be a fantasy why not trade him to the Flyers, would be poetic justice for all the times he screwed us, plus it is close to his NJ home.... I know there is a better chance of me seeing God than that happening though.

The trade just went down on Eklunds website. Brodeur for Radio straight up.