HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Time to trade trainer Jim McCrossin??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=200395)

lynchmob450 12-11-2005 01:18 PM

Time to trade trainer Jim McCrossin???

Is it a black cloud that is affecting the 2005-06 Flyers?? Or is it Jim McCrossin's incompetence?

Like most Flyers fans, i've had up to hear (up to hear...meaning at the 6'3" mark :p: ) with all of these nagging groin injuries. And yes, i admit that i am extremely frustrated...but what is McCrossin doing to make sure this doesn't continue?

Maybe the blame should be placed on the players? Maybe on management?? But why not on the head trainer? Shouldn't he be making sure the boys he is responsible for are able to avoid these types of injuries (especially since there has been a rash of these types of injuries plaguing the NHL this season).

And how can McCrossin not be blamed for Turner Stevenson's ridiculous situation? Someone had to have given him the OK to return to the lineup? I'm assuming that McCrossin would be one of those who would have to sign off on allowing a player to return to the lineup.

Maybe McCrossin for Luongo? :jump:

swflyers8* 12-11-2005 01:55 PM

Are you being for real? You can't trade trainers, only fire them.

:shakehead

lynchmob450 12-11-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Are you being for real? You can't trade trainers, only fire them.

swflyers8* 12-11-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynchmob450

Very dumb thread. :speechles

Philly Flyer Fan* 12-11-2005 04:03 PM

Silly too! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Dykhuis26 12-11-2005 04:15 PM

Yes the notion of trading a trainer is dumb and silly, but that's besides the point. The blame for all the injuries should go squarely on the trainer's shoulders. These aren't "freak" injuries, these are muscle strains and tears, which are ultimately 99% preventable. No self-respecting trainer for any sports club would look at an injury list as long as the Flyers and say there's nothing that can be done but chalk it up to 'bad luck' or 'the Kings' curse'.

GKJ 12-11-2005 04:40 PM

take a joke, people

TheKingPin 12-11-2005 05:04 PM

There have been groin injuries all over the league its just a result of a little extra miss fortune for us. Mcrossin just has to do his job to make sure that the players are ready to go after.

lynchmob450 12-11-2005 06:16 PM

You're not allowed to trade a trainer?? How about a stick boy?? (i guess the attempt at humor went right over your head?).

Anyways...the point of this thread is NOT about acquiring Luongo for McCrossin(believe me, if you could trade a trainer for a star, the MapleLosers fans have already looked into this)...but rather why this is happening all of a sudden...and IF this could have been avoided?

Just look at the Turner Stevenson injuries for areason to question our "trainer" (is he a trainer or an expert at strength and conditioning??). If McCrossin hasn't **** up on this, i'm a strength and conditioning expert as well!

BobbyClarkeFan16 12-11-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynchmob450
You're not allowed to trade a trainer?? How about a stick boy?? (i guess the attempt at humor went right over your head?).

Anyways...the point of this thread is NOT about acquiring Luongo for McCrossin(believe me, if you could trade a trainer for a star, the MapleLosers fans have already looked into this)...but rather why this is happening all of a sudden...and IF this could have been avoided?

Just look at the Turner Stevenson injuries for areason to question our "trainer" (is he a trainer or an expert at strength and conditioning??). If McCrossin hasn't **** up on this, i'm a strength and conditioning expert as well!

Agreed. It's part of McCrossin's job to develop and strength and exercise routine to ensure that our guys are in top notch condition and don't get hurt. Groin pulls and tears are the direct result of specific areas of the body not getting stretched properly or stretched too far.

That said, I'm a big advocate of Yoga. Call it fruity, call it gay, call it whatever you want, but the results are there with Yoga. Add to the fact that it's probably one of the best exercises you can do mentally and physically, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on all over the league.

lynchmob450 12-11-2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
That said, I'm a big advocate of Yoga. Call it fruity, call it gay, call it whatever you want, but the results are there with Yoga. Add to the fact that it's probably one of the best exercises you can do mentally and physically, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on all over the league.

Yoga has a negative image because team sports seem toput much more of an emphasis on weight training, which seems to be the opposite (as far as IMAGE goes) of yoga. But i totally agree with you. Yoga has an incredible history of how it is able to create incredible flexibility for athletes. You would think that "modern" thinkers in the athletic field wouldhave recognized its positive effects by now.