HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SI picks the Flyers to finish sixth in the league (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20076)

swflyers8* 10-15-2003 10:54 AM

SI picks the Flyers to finish sixth in the league
 
Found this link in the Toronto forum, while responding to the post "Why the Leafs will win the Cup." I needed a laugh.

Flyers finish 6th

Robert Paulson* 10-15-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
Found this link in the Toronto forum, while responding to the post "Why the Leafs will win the Cup." I needed a laugh.

Flyers finish 6th

:lol: Maybe I'll have to respond there too :)
I voted that they'll finish 6th.

Teezax 10-15-2003 11:09 AM

the only teams i see above us in points is Ottawa. I say we finish 2 nd in the EAST and second in the league. I think t he EAST will outshine the West this year.

Colorado: Lost franchise goaler, gained two elite scorers
Dallas: Lost captain and nucleus of the team
Detroit: Lost Feds, shaky Hasek

MojoJojo 10-15-2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
Colorado: Lost franchise goaler, gained two elite scorers
Dallas: Lost captain and nucleus of the team
Detroit: Lost Feds, shaky Hasek

Hasek has been very good so far. Fedorov hurts, but they also signed Hatcher giving them the best Blue line, perhaps in the history of the NHL (Hatcher, Chelios, Lindstrom, Schneider, Wooley, and Dandenault). They also signed Whitney, and Yzerman is producing again, Detroit places higher than the Flyers even without Fedorov.

Colorado: Aebeschir is a decent goalie who gets no respect because he isn't Patrick Roy. I say we are equal in goal. They are about even on D (great top three vs great depth), and are far, far superior up front. They are better than the Flyers

Ottawa: lost Arveddson, replaced him with Spezza. Scary. Not even close.

Devils: might be hurt by losing some key players (Niewendyke), but the big pieces that have won three Stanley cups are still there: Elias, Stevens, Brodeur, Niedermeyer, etc. Probably will make a couple trades to fill holes on defense and center, will finish better than the Flyers.

Then there are teams that are about even: Dallas, St Louis, Vancouver. A couple dark horses could surprise us too: Toronto, Annaheim, LA. We need to place higher than all these teams to place 6th overall. I think 7th or 8th is most likely.

Flyers26 10-16-2003 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
Dallas: Lost captain and nucleus of the team
Detroit: Lost Feds, shaky Hasek

Detroit might have lost Fed, but gained the former Dallas Capt., and has one hell of a defense. And doesn't defense win games in the playoffs?

GKJ 10-17-2003 09:33 AM

Well so far we got 4 points when we should have 6 from 3 teams who aren't going to make the playoffs. The Flyers haven't scored in 5 periods and two 4 on 4 overtimes (and score all their goals in a 2 period span). Also, blew a 5 on 3 and a 4 minute power play vs. San Jose, checked out vs. Pittsburgh and didn't exactly manhandle Buffalo.

Scoring woes? Here we go again.

MojoJojo 10-17-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Well so far we got 4 points when we should have 6 from 3 teams who aren't going to make the playoffs. The Flyers haven't scored in 5 periods and two 4 on 4 overtimes (and score all their goals in a 2 period span). Also, blew a 5 on 3 and a 4 minute power play vs. San Jose, checked out vs. Pittsburgh and didn't exactly manhandle Buffalo.

Scoring woes? Here we go again.

This reminds me very much of last years team. But then again, it pretty much is, without Cechmanek plus Joni Pitkanen. Its still only 3 games, so I wouldn't pass the Kool-Aid just yet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.