HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Recall Giuliano (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=201052)

King Blazer 12-13-2005 12:29 PM

Kings Recall Giuliano

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have recalled left wing Jeff Giuliano from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.

www.lakings.com

Maybe next time for Kanko. At least he's being noticed...

Captain Ron 12-13-2005 12:35 PM

Damn!:madfire:

King Blazer 12-13-2005 01:34 PM

It would have been nice to see Kanko get a shot. I have a feeling that IF the Kings weren't playing in 2-Divisional games following tomorrow night's game, Kanko might have been the guy. I think there's just too much importance to the divisional games and they're not the right types of games for a let's see how it goes call-up.

I'd LOVE to see Doug Christiansen get a call to Manchester. They play against Hartford tomorrow night. Rullier has been way too quiet against the Monarchs so far this season and Grenier, Weller and Taylor can be real pains...

Johnny Utah 12-13-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
It would have been nice to see Kanko get a shot. I have a feeling that IF the Kings weren't playing in 2-Divisional games following tomorrow night's game, Kanko might have been the guy. I think there's just too much importance to the divisional games and they're not the right types of games for a let's see how it goes call-up.

I'd LOVE to see Doug Christiansen get a call to Manchester. They play against Hartford tomorrow night. Rullier has been way too quiet against the Monarchs so far this season and Grenier, Weller and Taylor can be real pains...

I dont understand why the Kings are being so quiet. Manchester is lacking toughness and a guy can be had for nothing. Now both the Kings and Monarchs have soft line-ups. There are even tons of utilities guys that DT can pick up that can shuffle between LA/Man that are better than Guilliano. Manchester has too many young kids, it would be nice to see another vet or tough guy that the Kings can bring up too...

TonySCV 12-13-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I dont understand why the Kings are being so quiet. Manchester is lacking toughness and a guy can be had for nothing. Now both the Kings and Monarchs have soft line-ups. There are even tons of utilities guys that DT can pick up that can shuffle between LA/Man that are better than Guilliano. Manchester has too many young kids, it would be nice to see another vet or tough guy that the Kings can bring up too...

Somethin's brewin'.

TubbyTerrion* 12-13-2005 02:57 PM

hey, this is "the best Kings team assembled since 93-94"... so... nothin's bruin...er, brewin'.

Saprykin Fan 12-13-2005 06:30 PM

yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Somethin's brewin'.

yes there certainly is something brewing and its a big pot to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bacchusbuddha 12-13-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan

Could you name some potential ingredients?

willie 12-13-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
hey, this is "the best Kings team assembled since 93-94"... so... nothin's bruin...er, brewin'.

You act like the notion that this is our best team since 93 is so implausible. It's not like the Kings have been icing powerhouses for the past decade... :sarcasm:

TubbyTerrion* 12-13-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie
You act like the notion that this is our best team since 93 is so implausible. It's not like the Kings have been icing powerhouses for the past decade... :sarcasm:

Hey, I think it's a BETTER team than 93-94... I go back to 80-81 for a team that I actually think is better, but my reason for bringing it up is that everyone from the players (Luc) through the coaches to the President (Leiweke) has made this abundantly clear to us fans, so let's see them live (and die) with it.

Reaper45 12-13-2005 07:11 PM

I think something is a Bruin alright, and someone's heading to Beantown.

TonySCV 12-13-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think something is a Bruin alright, and someone's heading to Beantown.

Isn't Boynton injured?

And I think you're using the singular when you should be using the plural.

bacchusbuddha 12-13-2005 07:26 PM

Boston? I don't think Glen Murray would be a good fit on our blueline.

Reaper45 12-13-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Isn't Boynton injured?

And I think you're using the singular when you should be using the plural.

Yes he's hurt, and I think it's a guy we've already had before.

I should pop yo *** fo what you jus say, but omelette dat one slide dis time.

Reaper45 12-13-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacchusbuddha
Boston? I don't think Glen Murray would be a good fit on our blueline.

Yeah, I think it's going to be something like Cammy + for Murray +.

TubbyTerrion* 12-13-2005 07:31 PM

Glen "Hands Of Stone" Murray will undoubtedly end up in San Jose or Tranno.

TonySCV 12-13-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Glen "Hands Of Stone" Murray will undoubtedly end up in San Jose or Tranno.

What's the wager?

- T

bacchusbuddha 12-13-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah, I think it's going to be something like Cammy + for Murray +.

Murray is only outscoring Squid by 3 pts. this year, and I'm sure Murray has had way more ice time.

Plus he's locked in at about 4 mil a year for 4 years. Ouch. I'd almost rather be stuck with Gonchar and his contract, but that's kind of like having to pick which testicle to smash with a hammer.

I know we need some size up front, but I'd be, um, un-stoked if we had to give up Cammalleri to bring in offensive help.

Of course, it's Luc and Roenick that aren't getting the job done offensively, and of course we can't trade them. I guess that's why trades are done to "shake things up".

TonySCV 12-13-2005 07:57 PM

We should just waive Roenick... maybe he could light the lamp in Manchester if no one claims him. :)

willie 12-13-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacchusbuddha
Murray is only outscoring Squid by 3 pts. this year, and I'm sure Murray has had way more ice time.

Plus he's locked in at about 4 mil a year for 4 years. Ouch. I'd almost rather be stuck with Gonchar and his contract, but that's kind of like having to pick which testicle to smash with a hammer.

:D A bit gruesome but nevertheless still apt analogy. I hope and pray Taylor has better plans than Murray. Murray, for a host of reasons, just might be the least appealing player on the market.

Quote:

I know we need some size up front, but I'd be, um, un-stoked if we had to give up Cammalleri to bring in offensive help.
I'd rather hold on to Cammalleri who I still think can potentially score 80+ in the NHL in the future but I'd reserve judment until I saw who we are getting back.

Osprey 12-13-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan

Too bad you aren't in the know enough to know who's involved ;)

jfont 12-13-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie
:D A bit gruesome but nevertheless still apt analogy. I hope and pray Taylor has better plans than Murray. Murray, for a host of reasons, just might be the least appealing player on the market.

I'd rather hold on to Cammalleri who I still think can potentially score 80+ in the NHL in the future but I'd reserve judment until I saw who we are getting back.

amen to that...if they're moving cammy it should be for a pretty good defenseman...

ILuvLA 12-13-2005 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=willie I'd rather hold on to Cammalleri who I still think can potentially score 80+ in the NHL in the future but I'd reserve judment until I saw who we are getting back.[/QUOTE]

I agree. To give up Cammy, the return needs to be better than Murray.

Osprey 12-13-2005 09:15 PM

If DT re-acquires Murray and extends the contracts of the coaching staff, that might be the final two straws regarding DT's job performance, at least for me.

Ziggy Stardust 12-13-2005 09:47 PM

Honestly, there is no need to revisit Glen Murray, just as there was no reason to bring Stumpel back a 2nd time.

How about a forward who actually enjoys hanging around the crease/slot area and likes to get his nose dirty, or a defenseman who can help in both ends of the ice.

And Cammalleri is the only forward on the second scoring unit that can actually put the puck in the net, I don't think there is any need to move him unless it is a significant upgrade that will be sticking around for more than 1 or 2 seasons.