HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   shayne corson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20106)

old scotia 10-15-2003 02:01 PM

shayne corson
 
Has anyonne heard if he is playing anywhere?

BLONG7 10-15-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old scotia
Has anyonne heard if he is playing anywhere?

I think he is playing for the Don Cherry's team of whiners... he's already told Grapes if they make the playoffs that he might have to quit!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
I think he is playing for the Don Cherry's team of whiners... he's already told Grapes if they make the playoffs that he might have to quit!

yeah, i heard the same ;)

Howie Morenz 10-15-2003 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old scotia
Has anyonne heard if he is playing anywhere?

In the bathroom. :D

Go Habs Go 10-15-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old scotia
Has anyonne heard if he is playing anywhere?


In Mogilny's house

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old scotia
Has anyonne heard if he is playing anywhere?

Playing with Tucker at his house

MVP 10-15-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Playing with Tucker at his house


In Pat Quinn's dog house

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
In Pat Quinn's dog house

that must be fun for Shayne

MVP 10-15-2003 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
that must be fun for Shayne


i am not sure, since he might quit in the playoff.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
i am not sure, since he might quit in the playoff.

thats true....Shayne is a quitter

MVP 10-15-2003 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
thats true....Shayne is a quitter


And Tucker is a whinner

LOL

CrAzYNiNe 10-15-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
And Tucker is a whinner

LOL

And Quinn is a crier

KOMO_ROCKS 10-15-2003 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
And Tucker is a whinner

LOL

And Quin is a whiner

Drunk World Order 10-15-2003 09:07 PM

Hey I don't like how Corson has seemingly ended his career...But he was a heart and soul player for the habs...and should have retired as a hab...I had the chance to talk to him in fall of 2002 I believe...and he spoke very fondly of the Montreal organization...he will always be a hab in my mind...SHOW CORSON A LITTLE RESPECT!!!

skidboot 10-16-2003 04:40 AM

Yeah lets show Corson some respect!

Afterall if Breezer can go to France and yet we all forgive for another year, why not Corson?




Actually I don't wanna know where Corson is. And I want part of neither he or Breezer on the Habs. But what can a guy do???

Darz 10-16-2003 05:00 AM

I don't wanna make any cheap remarks about Corson, as I always felt he gave 110% every game he played for Montreal.

Blades 0f Steel 10-16-2003 05:17 AM

If the rumours were true about Almo's wife, then I have no respect for Corson whatsoever.

TwineSniper 10-16-2003 05:27 AM

Yeah, and aren't rumors ALWAYS true!


I don't believe that, as for him being a quitter, he stopped playing for the Leafs in the playoffs because he was upset that he was getting benched, and he thought that it better he leave his team, then be a distraction in the playoffs, I thought it was a pretty smart move...

Joe Cole 10-16-2003 05:32 AM

Corson....if you think of him as nothing but a 3rd/4th line mucker,he had a good career. Anything else is a result of his over rated status in the media.

You had to see this guy in the warm up....checking out the ladies in the crowd... I know this personally, my wife's company had 4th row seats. Let's just say he likes blondes.

I have three thoughts of him. #1 the guy played through a lot of pain, he has colitis. You try pissing blood through you @ss and giving 100% on the ice.#2 he always fixed his hair before he put his helmet back on when enevitably his helmet got knocked off his head every game and #3 at the Forum, when as a St. Louis Blue he would slowly skate by the Habs bench and stir **** every TV timeout. I loved that!

I am conflicted about Shayne....he started off as a cocky mucker. By the time he was back with the Habs, he was a washed up memory. I love heart and soul guys, but more then I love heart and soul guys, I hate whiners. Shayne is a whiner. He should have known better then quit during the playoffs...WAIT A WEEK, THE LEAFS ARE BOUND TO BE ELIMINATED!!

Still....sad end. He should have retired in 96.

Joe Cole 10-16-2003 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Yeah, and aren't rumors ALWAYS true!


I don't believe that, as for him being a quitter, he stopped playing for the Leafs in the playoffs because he was upset that he was getting benched, and he thought that it better he leave his team, then be a distraction in the playoffs, I thought it was a pretty smart move...

Smart move? Really? Maybe he should have just shut his yap, smiled and waited for a week until they were eliminated. Then he could sit with Leaf management and ask for a trade. That would have made him a team player. He proved otherwise.

NOOO! Corson had to "not be a distraction" and make headlines in the middle of the playoff drive (as futile as it was). :rolleyes:

Pretty smart move? This ain't tennis or golf, this is a team sport. Their isn't a worse move he could have made.

mcphee 10-16-2003 06:50 AM

By many accounts, including Mcguire, Toronto had an awful dressing room situation last year. I assume Corson was part of that along with many others. While the fingers were pointed at Tucker, Corson and Green, none of us were there. Corson in his prime could play on my team anytime, though I wouldn't let him anywhere near my teenage daughters . There have been too many incidents involving Corson for him to be blameless. You know what it's like, you talk to people and you hear things, some of it true, some of it not, I've just heard too much about this guy.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-16-2003 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
By many accounts, including Mcguire, Toronto had an awful dressing room situation last year. I assume Corson was part of that along with many others. While the fingers were pointed at Tucker, Corson and Green, none of us were there. Corson in his prime could play on my team anytime, though I wouldn't let him anywhere near my teenage daughters . There have been too many incidents involving Corson for him to be blameless. You know what it's like, you talk to people and you hear things, some of it true, some of it not, I've just heard too much about this guy.


good points....this guy is always in the headlines...you start to wonder how all the things said about him are false :dunno:

CHareth 10-16-2003 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
I am conflicted about Shayne....he started off as a cocky mucker. By the time he was back with the Habs, he was a washed up memory. I love heart and soul guys, but more then I love heart and soul guys, I hate whiners. Shayne is a whiner. He should have known better then quit during the playoffs...WAIT A WEEK, THE LEAFS ARE BOUND TO BE ELIMINATED!!

Still....sad end. He should have retired in 96.

I am also conflicted about Corson. I loved him when he was with the Habs. To see him sink into the Quinn quagmire and become a whiny little quitter was terrible on the one hand and yet, on the other hand, part of me was filled with joy that he was such a disturbance for the Leafs organization. I really enjoyed that - I really did. :D

skidboot 10-17-2003 04:36 AM

Anon, when he put on that ugly Blue and White uniform he automatically became a whiny little typical Leaf.


What did you expect?

:)

KOMO_ROCKS 10-17-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon
I am also conflicted about Corson. I loved him when he was with the Habs. To see him sink into the Quinn quagmire and become a whiny little quitter was terrible on the one hand and yet, on the other hand, part of me was filled with joy that he was such a disturbance for the Leafs organization. I really enjoyed that - I really did. :D :bow:

Yeah, i can relate to that :handclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.