HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Welcome IceHogs! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=201088)

PredDave 12-13-2005 02:45 PM

Welcome IceHogs!

NASHVILLE PREDATORS ANNOUNCE AFFILIATION WITH ROCKFORD ICEHOGS

http://www.icehogs.com

- United Hockey League club takes over as Preds' secondary developmental affiliate -

Nashville, Tenn. (December 13, 2005) Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed an affiliation agreement with the Rockford (Ill.) IceHogs of the United Hockey League.

The IceHogs will function as the secondary developmental affiliate of the Predators. Rockford has loaned a total of 13 players to Nashville's primary developmental affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League, in 2004-05 and 2005-06.

"Players that have developed in Rockford have consistently shown the ability to contribute to the Admirals when called upon," said Ray Shero, assistant general manager of the Predators. "The IceHogs have been able to foster both a winning culture and one in which players develop as professionals, and those two environments don't always come together. The Predators are excited to add Rockford to our developmental system."

Nashville prospects that have seen time with the IceHogs include defenseman Kevin Klein, who made his NHL debut with the Predators on December 3 vs. Philadelphia, and right wing Brandon Segal. Both players skated for Rockford in 2004-05 and Segal led the club in playoff goals (11 in 11 games).

Now in its seventh season, Rockford leads the UHL's West Division with a record of 16-6-1. The IceHogs are owned by Tri Vision Sports, LLC and play their home games at the Rockford MetroCentre, located in downtown Rockford.

Steve Martinson, Rockford's head coach and director of hockey, helped lead the IceHogs to their best season in franchise history in 2004-05 (46-25-9), his first behind the bench for the Hogs. The IceHogs were also named the 2004-05 UHL Member Franchise of the Year for the club's success on and off the ice.

Martinson was a teammate of Milwaukee Admirals head coach Claude Noel with the 1982-83 Toledo Goaldiggers (IHL) and was a teammate of Milwaukee assistant coach Todd Richards in 1989-90 with the Sherbrooke Canadiens (AHL).

barrytrotzsneck 12-13-2005 05:42 PM

RAHK-furd EYES-hahgs

CloakroomCrusader 12-13-2005 10:23 PM

Personally, my favorite guy on the team is Robin Big Snake.

Pred303 12-13-2005 10:29 PM

Ryan Glenn's on their roster too, someone else to pull for...

i like this move by the preds, buys you a little more flexibility for those guys not quite ready for the AHL yet, but that you don't want to give up on and don't want to risk someone else signing when you send them down (of course this is not in all cases as you have to stay below the 80 players in the organization limit, but still it might allow you to hold onto a guy in a special situation).. a very logical growth of the organization as a whole

Seth Lake 12-13-2005 11:09 PM

Like the move...agree it shows the growth of the organization as a whole and Rockford has shown that they can help in the development of our players (Klein, Segal, etc)...

But...let me be the first to ask...What is an IceHog? :dunno:

hillbilly 12-13-2005 11:25 PM

how long before we see Robin Big Snake in Milwaukee. He's actually scoring at a decent clip.

Basher 12-14-2005 12:36 AM

This move may be better for them. Given our injuries, they may see NHL ice before they thought.

crossxcheck 12-14-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
how long before we see Robin Big Snake in Milwaukee. He's actually scoring at a decent clip.

my question is judging by how badly injuries have been going lately how long before we see big snake in a preds jersey? :eek:

AdmiralPred 12-14-2005 09:16 AM

Rockford has been feeding the Ads and the Chicago Wolves for the past two seasons. I think certain players get the call to the Ads and certain players to the Wolves. Big Snake usually goes to the Wolves as does the infamous Billy Tibbets. Some notables from the Ads camp in Rockford who have also received 'call-ups' this season include Nathan Lutz, Preston Mizzi, Chaz Johnson, Matt Gens, and Evgueni Nourislamov(sp?). The Ads have also relied upon, but have yet to play, Michel Robinson who has been opening the door to the bench when Finley was/is injured or in Nashville on call.

Klein only played in 2 or 3 games while in Rockford, pretty much the entire 04-05 was spent in Milwaukee, so I am not sure how much 'development' he received there. The same for Segal, he spent some time in Rockford, otherwise was he has pretty much been with Milwaukee his entire professional career.

Their head coach is a good one. I think he performed some miracles while on the West Coast a few years back with some ECHL or CHL teams. I'll have to dig up some stuff on him, Steve Martinson.

At times the Ads can be refered to as the Milwaukford Adhogs.

What's nice is now it is official.

EDIT: My bad, I edited out Ryan Glenn, I forgot he is on an ECHL contract with Charlotte.

hillbilly 12-14-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
my question is judging by how badly injuries have been going lately how long before we see big snake in a preds jersey? :eek:

I still can't believe Tootoo isn't up yet.