HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bulldogs News (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20113)

Joe Malone 10-15-2003 02:44 PM

Bulldogs News

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I just read it on the Hamilton Buldogs Newsletter.

RECENT BULLDOGS TRANSACTIONS:

Oct. 13 - Olivier Michaud (G) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)
Oct. 13 - Christian Larrivee (C) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)
Oct. 14 - Matt Shasby (D) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)

habsfan11 10-15-2003 03:15 PM

i dont understand why they would send down larivee over thinel and i dont want to see shasby and michaud get sent down, but i guess its a numbers game

Kirk Muller 10-15-2003 03:46 PM

Michael Ryder found his way down to the ECHL early in his pro career as well. If these guys have what it takes, skill wise and work ethic, they will find there way back to the Bulldogs and hopefully the habs one day. Time is the only thing that will tell, guys that can overcome a little adversity are the guys I would want on my team.

Bulis 10-15-2003 03:52 PM

Michaud in the ECHL ? This doens't look good for this promising goalie... I Love Michaud and i tought he was playing good...

KILLger 10-15-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulis
Michaud in the ECHL ? This doens't look good for this promising goalie... I Love Michaud and i tought he was playing good...

It was pretty much a question of time.. with Fichaud and Damphousse over him in the depth chart, it was almost a given that he'd start in the ECHL. If he works hard he might be the starter next year in Hamilton. Fichaud's contract expires after this season. Michaud will only have to outplay Damphousse to get the #1 job.

Boutmania 10-15-2003 04:51 PM

Is Colombus the only ECHL team with Habs prospects?

Freaky Habs Fan 10-15-2003 05:16 PM

The Bulldogs have the same problem of the Habs. They have to much players. Wait for the next season and Michaud and Shasby will be in the AHL.

Go Habs Go 10-15-2003 07:46 PM

At Shasby's age, going down to the ECHL is not a good thing.

Drunk World Order 10-15-2003 09:09 PM

Michaud should be with the dogs...Fichaud should be released or re-assigned...whats up with that?

oosik 10-16-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
At Shasby's age, going down to the ECHL is not a good thing.

With Komiserik moving down, just too many Def in Hamilton. Better to be active than not. One has to assume that some trades will be made with either Traverse or Dykhus. Hamilton's payroll rivals some of the lower NHL teams .

montreal 10-16-2003 06:40 PM

Take the 4 tampa players off the roster, and there's more playing time for our prospects. Also, Archer and Milroy have yet to play a game, while Ferland hasn't gotten much ice time either. Take Dykhuis, Traverse, Blouin, Dwyer off the team, and you got more room for our prospects. Yes winning is good, very good, but once again the numbers game takes it's bite.

Habs4ever 10-17-2003 05:44 AM

We can't trade those guys!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosik
With Komiserik moving down, just too many Def in Hamilton. Better to be active than not. One has to assume that some trades will be made with either Traverse or Dykhus. Hamilton's payroll rivals some of the lower NHL teams .

Nobody wants them, Hamilton didn't ask for those guys, they were demoted don't say its hamilton fault for getting NHl'rs while those guys are terrible for us on the pro team, atleast we won't get to see them mistake in big games atleast, Traverse and Dykhuis are habs burden and they'll have to play them one way or another.

Habnot 10-17-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Nobody wants them, Hamilton didn't ask for those guys, they were demoted don't say its hamilton fault for getting NHl'rs while those guys are terrible for us on the pro team, atleast we won't get to see them mistake in big games atleast, Traverse and Dykhuis are habs burden and they'll have to play them one way or another.

You can view them as burden or you can view them as insurance policies. It's early in the season and if ever the Habs get into injury problems, Dykhuis and Traverse can be useful. I prefer they play in Hamilton, help the young D's and be ready if they are needed.

PrairieHabber 10-17-2003 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Take the 4 tampa players off the roster, and there's more playing time for our prospects. Also, Archer and Milroy have yet to play a game, while Ferland hasn't gotten much ice time either. Take Dykhuis, Traverse, Blouin, Dwyer off the team, and you got more room for our prospects. Yes winning is good, very good, but once again the numbers game takes it's bite.

I agree. At the very least the 4 Tampa players should be taken off the roster. I don't really understand why the Habs would agree to that. Is it more important to win at the AHL level than have your own players develop and increase your chances of winning down the road?

habsfan11 10-17-2003 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal

So why dont we buy our 4 players out. Obviously they arent going to make it back to the nhl with the habs, and i believe players like milroy and shasby have a higher up-side and can benefit from more ice time