HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lines for Tomorrow (Radio) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20133)

TheBrew 10-15-2003 05:24 PM

Lines for Tomorrow (Radio)

Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque
Chimera - Reasoner - Dvorak
Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

** 930 AM (that's the radio) got it from Oilfans.com

God that's the Mactavish Blender working overtime :rolleyes:

Hyped 10-15-2003 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrew
Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

Amazing how they've got the lines already when the coach hasn't even made up his mind yet. I wouldn't put any money on this being the line-up starting tomorrow night...

Mr Sakich 10-15-2003 05:35 PM

Quote:

Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

to be honest, I don't mind these lines.

1 Torres has earned the right to be with smyth and hemsky as he has been one of our 2-3 best forwards so far ( with izzy and laraque).

2 York's wrist must be still hurting as he is on the checking line where his smarts are more important than his shot.

3 Horcoff - Izzy - Laraque was our best line in last year's playoffs so why not get them back together. If they click, this could signal the emergence of BG and izzy as capable power forwards.

I am not a big fan of the blender, but this doesn't look bad at all to me.

hockeyaddict101 10-15-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyped
Amazing how they've got the lines already when the coach hasn't even made up his mind yet. I wouldn't put any money on this being the line-up starting tomorrow night...

It was the lines that practiced together today. CFRN had them tonight on the news.

Digger12 10-15-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

If those are the lines, wow.

It looks like MacT's gone back to the tried and true "Spill 'n Spell" coaching method.

Disappointed to see that back to back shutouts still isn't enough to get Stoll into the lineup. Remind me again why Pisani deserves to be here?

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-15-2003 05:46 PM

If this is true, MacTavish is INSANE. Not one single complete scoring line. Torres with Smyth and Hemsky??? YUCK! York with Moreau and Pisani, what's the point of that?

What really drives me nuts is, MacTavish simply mixes up the lines for the purpose of mixing up the lines. Truly good and knowledgable coaches change lines in order to accomplish something, or give a certain player an element to work with that he feels they need. Throwing names together in some strange attempt at scoring goals and then hoping it works so you look good is not coaching.

MacT sure ain't Scotty Bowman....

Oi'll say! 10-15-2003 05:51 PM

LMAO!

Whoever made the comment about MacT's blender working overtime hit the nail right on the head.

I'm just wondering what difference it makes what the starting lineup is, the lines will only last for 5 minutes anyways.

Game 8 10-15-2003 05:55 PM

Quote:

Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

I like the lines, brawn with finesse. I really want to see Torres on the line with Smyth and Hemsky. I have to agree though, what does Stoll have to do to get a start. What happened to people sitting out if the team is not successful?

Digger12 10-15-2003 05:58 PM

3 games into the season, and it's come to this.

You could see this sort of line detonation in the midst of a 6 or 7 game winless streak, a bit odd to be resorting to what amounts to desperate measures after only 2 losses. Admittedly bad, embarrassing losses, but only 2 nonetheless.

MacT maybe feeling the heat a bit from on high?

coyote 10-15-2003 06:56 PM

They should keep the lines that beat San Jose together. They showed they had some chemistry together. No need to panic yet just keep those lines together for a few games and see what happens.

thome_26 10-15-2003 07:01 PM

Well It's starting to really Piss me off that I have to watch a career AHLer take up the minutes he does (Pisani). As far as the lines go I like the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky line (lol, as fourth line! HAHA). I think Torres could really get some energy into that line .... but I hope that BG doesn't lose the spring in his step (or stride) without him. You know how I say no true fan boos any of their own players? Well we need to make an exception - we need to show that we won't stand for watching Pisani take up the ice time he is with the types of guys that are behind him. I encourage all to boo Pisani loud and often as in this case if we can trigger a change it WILL SERIOUSLY help our team (sitting and not complaining will only allow MacT to have another Cleary espisode).

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-15-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Well It's starting to really Piss me off that I have to watch a career AHLer take up the minutes he does (Pisani). As far as the lines go I like the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky line (lol, as fourth line! HAHA). I think Torres could really get some energy into that line .... but I hope that BG doesn't lose the spring in his step (or stride) without him. You know how I say no true fan boos any of their own players? Well we need to make an exception - we need to show that we won't stand for watching Pisani take up the ice time he is with the types of guys that are behind him. I encourage all to boo Pisani loud and often as in this case if we can trigger a change it WILL SERIOUSLY help our team (sitting and not complaining will only allow MacT to have another Cleary espisode).

I don't agree with booing Pisani. It's not his fault MacTavish doesn't wake up. And really, is taking him out of the lineup gonna make the difference between winning and losing games? I think not.

If we continue to stink it up, and you hear a certain chant starting up in the 2nd period, know it's comin from this guy...

Lowetide 10-15-2003 07:10 PM

I don't get that upset about his lines, they usually last as long as a scotch mint.

I like the 1line, 2line and 4line, but imo a line of Stoll at center Moreau on lw and York on rw would be better. Stoll offers size up the middle, York has plus skill and Moreau's a bull in a china shop.

Agree with others that Pisani in the pressbox for a couple of games might be a good idea.

Oilers4life 10-15-2003 07:13 PM

that's good for the forward lines, but what about the D, man, what about the D!!!

Belcriss 10-15-2003 07:20 PM

Personally, I think a shakeup is in order. Maybe these guys will wake up in the first period instead of the third. The effort has really been lacking, so why would ya put all the slackers back together?? Notice on every line there is a guy that is a high energy guy? Maybe it will be catching.....

thome_26 10-15-2003 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belcriss
Personally, I think a shakeup is in order. Maybe these guys will wake up in the first period instead of the third. The effort has really been lacking, so why would ya put all the slackers back together?? Notice on every line there is a guy that is a high energy guy? Maybe it will be catching.....

Good point about the energy players. And ok, so maybe booing him is a little extreme, but does anybody else know of a way to display our feelings about having this guy play the minutes that MacT has shown to be willing to stuff down inadequate favorite players of his throats?

Hemsky4PM 10-15-2003 09:19 PM

I think the Torres-Smyth- Hemsky combo will be interesting. Let's be honest, Torres should have potted a goal into the open side against the Flames. BUT, he made a very skillful move when he came out of the box. He's faster than I thought he was, and has definately got skill. Isbister and Laraque will work well together on the boards. I'm not big on the Reasoner-Chimera- Dvorak combo, but I HOPE it creates something. We have a very tough sked, including a 6 game road trip in November, so the kinks have to get ironed out soon.

Oilersyul89 10-16-2003 06:11 AM

How can you be upset at Pisani?? Did you really think he was the player that would make or break the Oil's season? He will chip in, once in a while, and he will always play a good solid defnsive game (Which he has the 1st 3 games. The guys feeling heat should be our goalscorers (i.e Smyth, Hemsky, Dvo, Izzy, York)

Come on people. Let's be realistic.

ZIM 10-16-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Smyth - Hemsky

Any predictions for the 3rd period lines? I predict Torres, Isbister, York and Reasoner will have moved.

thome_26 10-16-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
How can you be upset at Pisani?? Did you really think he was the player that would make or break the Oil's season? He will chip in, once in a while, and he will always play a good solid defnsive game (Which he has the 1st 3 games. The guys feeling heat should be our goalscorers (i.e Smyth, Hemsky, Dvo, Izzy, York)

Come on people. Let's be realistic.

It's not Fernando that I"m mad at. He's out there giving his all, and if all the Oilers tried as hard as him or even better if they tried as hard as Moreau, we wouldn't be 1-2. I'm mad at MacT and Lowe for the stupid contract they gave him and the amount of trust they put in him. Especially when we have two guys who they say where sent down because of the numbers situation.

goldenchild 10-16-2003 08:38 AM

What does Stoll have to do to get into a game and what in the world has Pisani done to stay in the line up? I'm not saying he's the reason for the 2 losses but to me he is the 12th guy we need a change so he goes out. Really I think he's the 14th guy I would rather see Rita and Stoll ahead of him. More importantly will Semenov be in the line up?

Hyped 10-16-2003 11:13 AM

Looks like MacT refuses to inject anything new into the line-up. It definitely will be those forwards starting tonight. How unfortunate for the Oilers and their fans...

Mowzie 10-16-2003 11:14 AM

well, here goes nothing.

dawgbone 10-16-2003 11:56 AM

Guys... he is barely averaging 12 minutes per night, and 2-3 of it is while killing a penalty.

He is a good defensive forward, and one of the guys you can throw out there and not have to worry about, so that Reasoner, Moreau and York don't have to kill themselves. The RPM line is going to be very streaky, just like it was last year. They will have a 10 game stretch where they may only get 2 or 3 points as a line, but in another 10 game stretch they may get 17 or 18.

Master Lok 10-16-2003 01:24 PM

Man, you guys are hilarious. Why in the world are you picking on Fernando? He's a defensive forward playing on the checking line, you expect him to win the game? If not then why are you blaming him? Is it because Comrie is out and you're looking for another local dude to pick on?

Formula:
Three games in + No goals in last two games = Pisani's fault.

And you figure that Stoll is going to turn the Oiler ship around? An unproven, 4th line centre rookie? What, is he expected to score 2 goals a game now? And if he doesn't, is it still Pisani's fault?

Here's some clues why we aren't scoring:

1) maybe we have a PP that needs to improve from 30th at home last year and that it takes time to improve the PP when you don't have a guy named MacInnis on the blueline for you.

2) Our #1 centre is holding out.

3) Our #1 left winger (Smyth) is playing out of position and with a broken finger.

4) Our #1/#2 defenseman (arguably Niiniinaa) was traded at the end of last year.

5) Our supposed #2 centre (York) is still recovering from off-season surgery.'

6) Our #2 RW missed a fair part of preseason due to family matters. (I'm not blaming him, its a fact.)