HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyer Nicknames.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20137)

CNote 10-15-2003 04:41 PM

Flyer Nicknames....
 
...it's probably been covered before but i'm trying to put together a complete list of as many current Flyers as I can. Help please?

Desjardins=Rico
Recchi=Rex
Gagne=Gags
Handzus=Zeus?
etc.
etc.



thanks,
dutch

Go Flyers Go!!

John Flyers Fan 10-15-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
...it's probably been covered before but i'm trying to put together a complete list of as many current Flyers as I can. Help please?

Desjardins=Rico
Recchi=Rex
Gagne=Gags
Handzus=Zeus?
etc.
etc.



thanks,
dutch

Go Flyers Go!!

Therien = Bundy
Roenick = JR or Styles
Primeau = Preems
Williams = Willy
Weinrich = Weino
Johnsson = KJ


not exactly original other than Therien

Winston Wolf 10-15-2003 05:35 PM

Roenick= Styles
Fedoruk= Fridge
Ragnarsson= Rags
Therien= Bundy
Amonte= T-bone (as called by Roenick)
Williams= Willy

Flyman 10-16-2003 12:56 AM

Kapanen = Kappy
Hackett = Hack (Up :D )
Chouinard = Chouinny
LeClair = Big John

swflyers8* 10-16-2003 03:06 AM

Weinrich = Weino
Johnsson = KJ or Kimbo
Therien = Bundy
Recchi = Rex
John Leclair = Big John
Amonte = T Bone
Gagne = Gags
Lapointe = Lappy
Williams = Willy
Chouinard = Chouinny
Vandermeer = Vandy
Kapanen = Kappy
Primeau = Preems
Handzus = Zeus
Ragnarsson = Rags
Fedoruk = Fridge
Hackett = Hack
Desjardins = Rico
Esche = Chico
Brashear = Brash
Roenick = JR or Styles

BrindA17 10-16-2003 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
Esche = Chico

Why? :dunno:

Flyers26 10-16-2003 04:11 AM

Jr calls Williams "Sweetness".

swflyers8* 10-16-2003 04:33 AM

Quote:

Why?
I think it's because he likes country music or something to do with that. I remember when he first arrived here, Jim Jackson just said that Chico was his nickname. He never got a reason why. :dunno:

HFNHL Commish 10-16-2003 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
I think it's because he likes country music or something to do with that. I remember when he first arrived here, Jim Jackson just said that Chico was his nickname. He never got a reason why. :dunno:

I'm guessing that it's because Esche rhymes with Resch...as in Glenn 'Chico' Resch.

swflyers8* 10-16-2003 05:08 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing that it's because Esche rhymes with Resch...as in Glenn 'Chico' Resch.
That might be it.

Dr Love 10-16-2003 05:32 AM

Considering most hockey nicknames are the first sylable + s or y [i.e. "Gags" "Prims" "Kappy"] nicknames like Rico, Styles, Rex, Bundy, and Fridge are actually quality.

Quellet The Dogs Out 10-16-2003 07:50 AM

I bought a game used and signed Jeremy Roenick synergy stick a couple months ago - and on the name plate it says "Styles 97" - pretty cool. :D

Jamina 10-16-2003 08:10 AM

Joni Pitkänen = Bobby

flyrfan 10-16-2003 08:13 AM

Williams - J Will

fararden 10-16-2003 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamina
Joni Pitkänen = Bobby


So far, oh yes, so far... let's just hope that the knees part of the analogy never comes to fruition...

BrindA17 10-16-2003 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish
I'm guessing that it's because Esche rhymes with Resch...as in Glenn 'Chico' Resch.

Ok, it's an answer. But that's a bit of a stretch isn't it? If that's where his name comes from, that's pretty lame.

swflyers8* 10-16-2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17
Ok, it's an answer. But that's a bit of a stretch isn't it? If that's where his name comes from, that's pretty lame.

I didn't know you were the expert of all things lame.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nikkowar 10-16-2003 01:10 PM

Here is why Robbie's nickname is Chico.

When he first came to play in Pheonix,a teammate(the name seems to pass my mind) misread Robbie's stick as Reshe instead of Ecshe. So then his teammates began calling him Chico. Weird,I guess.

I still like Gags,though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.