HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official OT Yankees thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20146)

Son of Steinbrenner 10-15-2003 05:21 PM

Ot LETS GO YANKEES
 
LETS GO YANKEES :handclap: :bow:

#37-#93-#27* 10-15-2003 05:23 PM

http://hfboards.com/images/icons/icon13.gif http://hfboards.com/images/icons/icon13.gif http://hfboards.com/images/icons/icon13.gif http://hfboards.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Fire Sather 10-15-2003 05:23 PM

Me met fan so...

[COLOR=red] GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!! [/COLOR=red]

Barnaby 10-15-2003 05:27 PM

Yanks will win tomorrow.... the Babe will put us over the top :D


Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kluivert4Ever 10-15-2003 06:25 PM

What a pathetic performance tonight... No words for it.
It can however be forgotten 2morrow. But if we lose 2morrow these 2003 Yankees will be the ******* that finally lost to the Sox....

#37-#93-#27* 10-15-2003 06:35 PM

Cubs just went down. Whoever wins the ALCS is going to win it all.

klingsor 10-15-2003 07:47 PM

Red Sox Si, Yankee No!!!!

Lundyfan 10-16-2003 03:01 AM

Come on BOSTON!!! :handclap:

Bluenote13 10-16-2003 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Cubs just went down. Whoever wins the ALCS is going to win it all.

They said that the last time the Marlins won the series....

#37-#93-#27* 10-16-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
They said that the last time the Marlins won the series....

It's hard to bet against Kevin Brown, Al Leiter, Livan Hernandez (Mr. Playoffs), Gary Sheffield, and the rest. It would be more surprising to see this team win.

bw5126 10-16-2003 07:52 AM

OT: Question in Yankees bleacher seatsPlease help me
 
Does row AA come before row A. Or does A come b4 AA

FACEMAN 10-16-2003 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw5126
Does row AA come before row A. Or does A come b4 AA

I row A is first not positive but I think row A is before AA.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2003 08:03 AM

I have merged to two off topic Yankee threads in to one. Just because they are both off topic does not mean that they need to be lonely.

Bluenote13 10-16-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
It's hard to bet against Kevin Brown, Al Leiter, Livan Hernandez (Mr. Playoffs), Gary Sheffield, and the rest. It would be more surprising to see this team win.

Redman, Penny, Beckett, & Willis are young, but obviously capable, and hot at the moment. Thats all you need is some good arms who happen to be hot at the right time. Pierre, Lowell, I.Rodriquez, Conine, D.Lee, L.Castillo are all capable hitters & then Urbina in the pen. They had the best record in the Majors after the all star break, can't ignore the hot streak.

#37-#93-#27* 10-16-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Redman, Penny, Beckett, & Willis are young, but obviously capable, and hot at the moment. Thats all you need is some good arms who happen to be hot at the right time. Pierre, Lowell, I.Rodriquez, Conine, D.Lee, L.Castillo are all capable hitters & then Urbina in the pen. They had the best record in the Majors after the all star break, can't ignore the hot streak.

A better comparison would be the Angels last year.

Barnaby 10-16-2003 08:38 AM

Beckett has filthy stuff. Willis hasn't been consistent in the playoffs and neither has Penny. Noone gonna sweep them but I still like whichever team wins the ALCS. The Angels are a great comparison - young - hungry - and they play a very sound game, dont make many mistakes - there a never say die type of team

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2003 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
A better comparison would be the Angels last year.


The Angels did not have the pitchers that the Marlins do.

#37-#93-#27* 10-16-2003 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The Angels did not have the pitchers that the Marlins do.

Comparison=youth playing above their level on a hot streak.

That's a better comparison then the 97 Marlins.

Barnaby 10-16-2003 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
The Angels did not have the pitchers that the Marlins do.

Beckett is sick but your over-estimating the Florida staff. Penny and Willis haven't been that great. If I'm not mistaken I think Beckett was the only starter who got a win in the cubs series. They are winning 9-6 games, its not like there winning games 2-1 or 3-2.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
Beckett is sick but your over-estimating the Florida staff. Penny and Willis haven't been that great. If I'm not mistaken I think Beckett was the only starter who got a win in the cubs series. They are winning 9-6 games, its not like there winning games 2-1 or 3-2.


Beckett is on a level all his own.

But look at the Angels staff? What was really there? Kevin Appier?

#37-#93-#27* 10-16-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Beckett is on a level all his own.

But look at the Angels staff? What was really there? Kevin Appier?

Jared Washburn

and they had a few of their pitchers playing above their level as well, John Lackey comes to mind.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Jared Washburn

and they had a few of their pitchers playing above their level as well, John Lackey comes to mind.


Pitcher for pitcher, the Marlins are a much better staff than that Angels team.

Ranger Wolf 10-16-2003 09:30 AM

If either the Yankees or Red Sox (depending on the victor tonight) take the Marlins lightly, they will get burned. The Marlins can beat you in so many ways, as evidenced by how they won every playoff game this year.

Anyway, I sure hope the Yanks win because if they lose, it will probably have worse repercussions than if they lost in the first round.

Barnaby 10-16-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Pitcher for pitcher, the Marlins are a much better staff than that Angels team.

potentially... not at the time.

Washburn was pitching very well... not as good as Beckett but very well.

Percival and Rodriguez were an amazing 8th-9th inning combo... better then Urby and Looper.

Florida is not pitching that well right now... I dont know what games you have been watching

Playoff stats:

Player TEAM W L ERA
1. J Beckett FLA 1 1 2.73
2. M Redman FLA 0 0 5.17
3. U Urbina FLA 1 0 2.70
4. B Penny FLA 1 1 10.24
5. D Willis FLA 0 1 12.00

Hardly overwhelming....

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-16-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
potentially... not at the time.

Washburn was pitching very well... not as good as Beckett but very well.

Percival and Rodriguez were an amazing 8th-9th inning combo... better then Urby and Looper.

Florida is not pitching that well right now... I dont know what games you have been watching

Playoff stats:

Player TEAM W L ERA
1. J Beckett FLA 1 1 2.73
2. M Redman FLA 0 0 5.17
3. U Urbina FLA 1 0 2.70
4. B Penny FLA 1 1 10.24
5. D Willis FLA 0 1 12.00

Hardly overwhelming....

I'm talking about the pitchers. Not what they are doing. Both teams have gotten hot at the right time but if you look at the two staffs, the Marlins staff it's a much more superios staff.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.